Who is worse

Python.

... what? Is this a joke? I don't even...

Is this thread full of trolls or are teenagers really this poorly educated these days?

Sorry what? explain.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Sorry what? explain.

... really?

Like... really?

"If they knew in advance they would get that many people killed"... they didn't accidentally get people killed, they systematically and purposefully exterminated people. Have you never had a history lesson or?

... really?

Like... really?

"If they knew in advance they would get that many people killed"... they didn't accidentally get people killed, they systematically and purposefully exterminated people. Have you never had a history lesson or?

Let me rephrase that. They didn't accidentally get their own soldiers killed just for the sake of killing them. Yes obviously killing tons of innocent people is a bad thing, but by accidentally killed people i meant in the context of their own soldiers only.

I edited it. Its correct that i should've said their own soldiers so you won't understand that i didn't mean in general. 

You could've said it less dramatically you know. I didn't mean to sound ignorant.

• Administrators

Let me rephrase that. They didn't accidentally get their own soldiers killed just for the sake of killing them. Yes obviously killing tons of innocent people is a bad thing, but by accidentally killed people i meant in the context of their own soldiers only.

... why would you talk about them in the context of their own soldiers only, when discussing whether or not they were evil?

... why would you talk about them in the context of their own soldiers only, when discussing whether or not they were evil?

Because there are people that perceive Hitler as pure evil, without any consideration of what evil he did in history, only because he is evil.

It was a minor distinction that they didn't killed their soldiers mindlessly, and didn't meant to cause a debate on this.

Maybe if you weren't so quick to judge and being so dramatic we wouldn't have this minor debate.

Cough cough, ahem. Let me just put my opinion in here, avoiding the little sparks of flame wars going on (Or arguments).

I will not discuss cancer as it is simply a cell that has mutated and recieved a sudden change where it'll start to kill the human body. Kinda like a hidden bomb; if you didn't trigger the hidden fuse, nothing will happen.

For ISIS, it's a rather special case. You see, most of the comments I see are people seeing only the "bad side" of ISIS. Now, I'm not saying that ISIS is right at its own part, because of the inhumane acts they did (Executing people on public, what?). However, let us put it this way. Imagine ISIS being a dog, a fierce and cruel one, but doesn't attack others on purpose. And suddenly one day, a man came and beat the dog with a stick, cursing at it as well, on why it couldn't walk on two legs instead of walking on four. Now, after a while of beating, the dog simply returns the attack, and bites all other trespassers or such that dare to go near him, a self defense.

Now, let's imagine the man being the U.S (Which it is the case IRL), when the dog (ISIS) retaliates, the man would simply call the dog a bad creature for being so rude, and almost no one will know how the dog feels when its being attacked. Its the same case, where the U.S government provoked Islamic people on how they have men that are stronger and have more authority than women, which they need a blanket like thing around their faces like a bandit. Honestly, if the U.S didn't provoke the Islamic race, none of this would have happened. What business is that of yours that you have to care and judge random people?

So to sum it all up, the U.S provoked ISIS, along with their other friends, mainly the U.K and France and possibly Iran. But as ISIS retaliated, we see them as bad people? I'm not saying that they are right, but in my opinion, everyone has their own beliefs and lifestyles, no one SHOULD force others or judge them or even interfere.

I'll post the Hitler and North Korea government part later, I'm in a train and this wifi sucks.

• Administrators

Because there are people that perceive Hitler as pure evil, without any consideration of what evil he did in history, only because he is evil.

It was a minor distinction that they didn't killed their soldiers mindlessly, and didn't meant to cause a debate on this.

Maybe if you weren't so quick to judge and being so dramatic we wouldn't have this minor debate.

Maybe if you didn't dismiss the slaughter of thousands of people as not worth mentioning we wouldn't have this minor debate.

Its the same case, where the U.S government provoked Islamic people on how they have men that are stronger and have more authority than women, which they need a blanket like thing around their faces like a bandit. Honestly, if the U.S didn't provoke the Islamic race, none of this would have happened. What business is that of yours that you have to care and judge random people?

Oh my gosh. The first thing that comes to mind when contemplating the USA provoking Islamic countries is mocking women who wear burkas?

I am out of this thread, man. I feel like I'm on drugs or something here.

Maybe if you didn't dismiss the slaughter of thousands of people as nbd we wouldn't have this minor debate.

What reason would i have to dismiss the killing of innocent people ? We already know how wrong it is that innocent people died, i stated the killing of their own soldiers only in the context of how evil that is.

I didn't mind correcting myself of a statement that i mistakenly generalized and it was wrongfully perceived by you, which is understandable.

What i did mind was your

tumblr_np5x5eox4i1tq4of6o1_400.gif

In a unnecessarily bitchy attitude, you know what i mean?

But sorry that i said something so wrong it gave you a headache that it felt you were on drugs. I didn't meant to distress your superior brain.

• Administrators

It wasn't bitchy, it was... exasperated. So many bizarre responses in this thread, I was genuinely puzzled at the part of your original post that I quoted. Sorry if I upset you.

It wasn't bitchy, it was... exasperated. So many bizarre responses in this thread, I was genuinely puzzled at the part of your original post that I quoted. Sorry if I upset you.

Its okay. Now that you said sorry i actually feel bad.

I'm mostly used to hear responses of all kinds in debates, that i didn't take in consideration that it would sound more wrong to others.

I'm also sorry that i was overly aggressive towards you.. didn't mean it. Truce then.  :lol:

Oh my gosh. The first thing that comes to mind when contemplating the USA provoking Islamic countries is mocking women who wear burkas?

I am out of this thread, man. I feel like I'm on drugs or something here.

I don't mean how the U.S mocked Islamic women by wearing burkas only (Is that what they're called?), but rather as a whole on how women didn't have the same rights as most men, or at least close to it (Islamic women were apparently pushovers), the burka thing was just an example on my mind, no need to jump man. :P

• Administrators

But like... how is any of that the best example? Not like... the US invading endless countries and killing a bunch of civillians, or imposing sanctions that make day-to-day life hell for citizens, etc, etc? I just don't get the thought process of people in this thread.

I'll stop posting. Sigh.

My point is, the U.S should not interfere with how the Islamic culture works, and they should mind their own businesses. It doesn't matter what proof I'm giving out, as long as it's valid, it's valid. No more, no less.

• Administrators

My point is, the U.S should not interfere with how the Islamic culture works, and they should mind their own businesses. It doesn't matter what proof I'm giving out, as long as it's valid, it's valid. No more, no less.

But like... the US invading countries and killing people is a plausible reasoning for retaliation. The US saying islam is sexist is... not a plausible reasoning for retaliation. Do you not see the difference?

Like if I come to your house and murder your cat, that's a good reason to want to try to kill me (though it would still be wrong to do so.) If I tell you you're fat, that's not really a good reason to want to try to kill me.

But like... the US invading countries and killing people is a plausible reasoning for retaliation. The US saying islam is sexist is... not a plausible reasoning for retaliation. Do you not see the difference?

Like if I come to your house and murder your cat, that's a good reason to want to try to kill me (though it would still be wrong to do so.) If I tell you you're fat, that's not really a good reason to want to try to kill me.

From what I've heard (No quotes on me), the U.S fears that the whole Islamic state or country will unite one day and attack the U.S (As the Americans have a lot against with Islamic people), so the U.S decided to provoke the "weaker" states of the Islamic states and get a first/quick attack. Such attacks include mocking and such I believe, just things that are generally racist, sexist, and overall against the whole idea of Islam itself, I think they even drawed Mohammad (Which is illegal for the Islamic people). My theory.

As they say, history only remembers the bad thingsabout the losers. Hitler was a motivational speaker who basically lead a crippled nation on the brink of colapse.

Meanwhile, ISIS is trying to follow its "religion" to expand and show the glory of "Islam". They arent even under threat, yet, they would go out and kill innocents. To me, that is the true crime. Hitler at least saved his country; ISIS will get its country destroyed.

• Administrators

Hitler at least saved his country; ISIS will get its country destroyed.

Which country would that be?

QI would have a field day with some of the ridiculous responses to this thread.

Oh, and for the people who continue to think Hitler saved the German economy - Hjalmar Schacht under Gustav Stresseman started the process. Then Schacht later worked for Hitler, but was edged out eventually by Goring (who did not understand economics and just wanted to implement the 4 year plan) who was backed by Hitler (who disliked Schacht's reluctance to increase production of military equipment). The German war economy was one of the worst in Europe - it was simply held together by successful economists during the late 1920's and 30's.

edit:

Stalin, Hitler and other dictators that killed masses of their own soldiers didn't killed them intentionally while stroking their mustaches and holding their cats in their lap. If they knew in advance that they would get that many people killed, chances are that they would revise their tactics that would not result in that many casualties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Purge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penal_military_unit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Long_Knives

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Uprising#Soviet_stance

From what I've heard (No quotes on me), the U.S fears that the whole Islamic state or country will unite one day and attack the U.S (As the Americans have a lot against with Islamic people), so the U.S decided to provoke the "weaker" states of the Islamic states and get a first/quick attack. Such attacks include mocking and such I believe, just things that are generally racist, sexist, and overall against the whole idea of Islam itself, I think they even drawed Mohammad (Which is illegal for the Islamic people). My theory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Vienna

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vienna

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbasid_Caliphate

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Cough cough, ahem. Let me just put my opinion in here, avoiding the little sparks of flame wars going on (Or arguments).

I will not discuss cancer as it is simply a cell that has mutated and recieved a sudden change where it'll start to kill the human body. Kinda like a hidden bomb; if you didn't trigger the hidden fuse, nothing will happen.

For ISIS, it's a rather special case. You see, most of the comments I see are people seeing only the "bad side" of ISIS. Now, I'm not saying that ISIS is right at its own part, because of the inhumane acts they did (Executing people on public, what?). However, let us put it this way. Imagine ISIS being a dog, a fierce and cruel one, but doesn't attack others on purpose. And suddenly one day, a man came and beat the dog with a stick, cursing at it as well, on why it couldn't walk on two legs instead of walking on four. Now, after a while of beating, the dog simply returns the attack, and bites all other trespassers or such that dare to go near him, a self defense.

Now, let's imagine the man being the U.S (Which it is the case IRL), when the dog (ISIS) retaliates, the man would simply call the dog a bad creature for being so rude, and almost no one will know how the dog feels when its being attacked. Its the same case, where the U.S government provoked Islamic people on how they have men that are stronger and have more authority than women, which they need a blanket like thing around their faces like a bandit. Honestly, if the U.S didn't provoke the Islamic race, none of this would have happened. What business is that of yours that you have to care and judge random people?

So to sum it all up, the U.S provoked ISIS, along with their other friends, mainly the U.K and France and possibly Iran. But as ISIS retaliated, we see them as bad people? I'm not saying that they are right, but in my opinion, everyone has their own beliefs and lifestyles, no one SHOULD force others or judge them or even interfere.

I'll post the Hitler and North Korea government part later, I'm in a train and this wifi sucks.

"And suddenly one day, a man came and beat the dog with a stick, cursing at it as well, on why it couldn't walk on two legs instead of walking on four. Now, after a while of beating, the dog simply returns the attack, and bites all other trespassers or such that dare to go near him, a self defense."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone

The Kurds are a more legitimate force, and happen to be a non-extremist bunch of people fighting for freedom.

"Now, let's imagine the man being the U.S (Which it is the case IRL), when the dog (ISIS) retaliates, the man would simply call the dog a bad creature for being so rude, and almost no one will know how the dog feels when its being attacked. Its the same case, where the U.S government provoked Islamic people on how they have men that are stronger and have more authority than women, which they need a blanket like thing around their faces like a bandit."

And should we care about extremists who deny others their basic human rights?

"So to sum it all up, the U.S provoked ISIS, along with their other friends, mainly the U.K and France and possibly Iran. But as ISIS retaliated, we see them as bad people? I'm not saying that they are right, but in my opinion, everyone has their own beliefs and lifestyles, no one SHOULD force others or judge them or even interfere."

ISIS rose up against the Syrian/Iraqi governments, not the US. Also "everyone has their own beliefs and lifestyles, no one SHOULD force others or judge them or even interfere."

" is ridiculous, ISIS have been carrying out the exact opposite of that - destroying homes, executing people, persecuting those who do not agree with them, looting + destroying important archaeological sites and those who defend these "idols" (and yes this happened during the original Islamic Conquest centuries ago) and just generally imposing their Islamic dictatorship upon the populace.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Barbarossa

In which Hitler sent his troops and a lot died because he didn't anticipate the winter, hence he would revise his plans had he anticipated it, but his early victories made him overconfident, which was the point of my statement you quoted.

It was one example of the point that i made to state an exaggerated perception of evil that some people view them to the point that it becomes a taboo subject to discuss.

It was a comparison to ISIS on the fact that they are extremists who will only follow the orders of their book to sacrifice themselves if needed and have downright nasty ways of killing innocent people, while having enough order to recruit others.

The reason why the general view of the Nazi Germany is worse than the current ISIS is because they have a long history of casualties, betrayals and genocide.

The fact that people today even compare ISIS with the Nazi Germany and some even agree that they are worse (granted with a little exaggerated perception of their actions), it shows that if ISIS will still exist in the future then it would most likely be an even more plausible comparison.

Imperialism leads to conflict. The US has subtly invaded many countries, just not formally.

• Administrators

Imperialism leads to conflict. The US has subtly invaded many countries, just not formally.

I don't disagree with this.

I am not sure if you are simply trying to be a funny and 'edgy' 12 year old or if you are actually this stupid. If the former, you really should not have posted here. If the latter, what?

Killing millions upon millions of innocent civilians is doing nothing wrong these days? Yes, he did not personally come up with those plans. Yes, he didn't personally kill them. It was still his regime, he could have stopped it at any time and was very well aware of these murders.

American Soldiers do that daily, just sayin'

Archived