Price manipulation anti measures

❤ΣκαπανέαςGr❤

Another point by-point inbound.

i dont think its so hard to fight the price manipulator tactics that the suggestion system is suffering from

-Show me some manipulations.

as an example i will use the latest and bigest price manipulation i have managed to find

http://backpack.tf/v...561198058710999

Fireproof secret diary

Kristmass of heart have spamed suggest on that item for several days succeding to lower the price from 1.5 buds to 17 keys

-So?

he have a lot of pure in keys currencie to buy them but he is still not buyingat current price he is buying them at 12 keys

but he is not suggesting a new range as he was when he didn't own one

http://www.tf2outpos...30709#p45319855

-Again, so what? In his experience he could buy them for lower. What's the issue?

A)Why is it allowed to the same person to spam suggest new ranges in the same item over and over again.

B)Can we cap the suggestions in a specific item made by the same person like 1 suggestion per month(for the same item).

-A)In order to update prices. 

-B) Why? So what if one person keeps updating an item? If the proof is there, why does it matter how many he owns or what he buys for?

the diary was steady selling for 1.5-2 buds for 1.2 years until someone decides to drop it down to 15 keys i dont know

is it just me or this is suspicious?

-People have been selling for lower because the fireproof diary is worthless.

also the specific item it is not in any use it's as crafting ingredient in tf2 schema and probably a chemistry set that will launch soon it is related to it.

all those are apeculations though and i dont care if it drops at 1 key

- You know what else is listed in the schema as being a craft ingredient? Crates. 

but given the quantity of it 750 as much as the houwars whatever the chem set is going to be it is houwar related

either a strangifier or a modifier(witch we havent seen 1 yet).

- Almost every item in the schema has the + (can) strangify added to it now. Even scrap metal

what you think

-I think his suggestions had merit, were supported by votes, and comments. Most of them were suggested by a moderator that owns several diaries. 

as a sidenote: i know the practices of kristmass of heart first handed as we where competing eachothers in halloween spells sells

he was spam suggesting in specific items (spectrall spectrum-bills hat-keys-bmocs-fireproof diary)

this is no big surprise for me. i am watching his doings for over 7 months and i am surprised on how he have managed to get away with that.

- Oh, so here is the real reason for your post. You think someone has it in for you, and you for some reason have an unhealthy obsession with him.

also

a person that is manipulating prices for his own benefit must not be allowed to suggest again for a 6-12 month period.

-I still don't see the manipulation, and if the MODERATORS feel a need for a ban, he'll get banned. None of this LIBEL is your place to discuss.

closing

Question to Brad Pitt:

Is it possible to remove price suggestions for marketable items (except unusuals) and instead just mirror the steam market median sells value for valuing our bp's?

-That isn't the purpose of this site. Although steam market prices are already tracked on backpack.tf. 

I have quit trading for items that are not marketableand i have no interest into buy any not even promo -bill buds bmocs - cause of that reason.

and i am collecting only marketable items

-Good for you. But I really don't think that anyone will feel the need to alter the entire website which is a value to the community just for you. 

steam in my game ui my inventory has the option to see the current value of my item.if you could use that it would be very helpfull for me and other marketers.

Those marketable items are usually have a very steady value steadier than any promo,plus it is the official community market and those words are enough to put it above any bp/tf outpost bazaar tp proofs we will ever get.

-Again, already on the site, and still not what this site is for. And actually, the market prices of those change daily, and have been at a downward trend for months now. 

i hope bp/tf can evolve further and i hope this is helpfull to some.

-It's helpful to very many. It just doesnt cater only to YOU. 

TL;DR: STFU AND GTFO. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>what's wrong about it?

>hkEmB.jpg

you shamelessly tried to manipulate your own unusual at least 12 times, and it wasn't even outdated

that was a glitch of my browser iand nothing more !

answer me this

What is the price of the topi as we speak?

B)Can we cap the suggestions in a specific item made by the same person like 1 suggestion per month(for the same item).

Hell no.

nzV9s.jpg

without it I can't repwhore

What is the price of the topi as we speak?

2.9-3.5, but inflated (which means your suggesiton was completely inaccurate) it actually was 2.5-3 buds, and suggested by polar bear

but that's off-topic, what matters is that you actually manipulated and don't want to accept it

welp, since when are they marketable? I haven't used market in some time

hahahahaha

well they are and i have bought all i could and i am still buying

for example you suggest the teddy at 2-3 keys and i am selling each one at 7-8 euros in the market

archimedes you suggested them at 5-6 as well as the robro i am selling those at 17-19 euro and they have become that rare i stoped selling in outpost and any other site.

i will just wait to see what happenes from now on.

i am getting douzends of adds begging me to sell them.

it start makes sence why all those chem sets are so expensive.

you shouldn't price those i tald you so.

Another point by-point inbound.

i dont think its so hard to fight the price manipulator tactics that the suggestion system is suffering from

-Show me some manipulations.

as an example i will use the latest and bigest price manipulation i have managed to find

http://backpack.tf/v...561198058710999

Fireproof secret diary

Kristmass of heart have spamed suggest on that item for several days succeding to lower the price from 1.5 buds to 17 keys

-So?

he have a lot of pure in keys currencie to buy them but he is still not buyingat current price he is buying them at 12 keys

but he is not suggesting a new range as he was when he didn't own one

http://www.tf2outpos...30709#p45319855

-Again, so what? In his experience he could buy them for lower. What's the issue?

A)Why is it allowed to the same person to spam suggest new ranges in the same item over and over again.

-A)In order to update prices. 

- B) Why? So what if one person keeps updating an item? If the proof is there, why does it matter how many he owns or what he buys for?

the diary was steady selling for 1.5-2 buds for 1.2 years until someone decides to drop it down to 15 keys i dont know

is it just me or this is suspicious?

-People have been selling for lower because the fireproof diary is worthless.

also the specific item it is not in any use it's as crafting ingredient in tf2 schema and probably a chemistry set that will launch soon it is related to it.

all those are apeculations though and i dont care if it drops at 1 key

- You know what else is listed in the schema as being a craft ingredient? Crates. 

but given the quantity of it 750 as much as the houwars whatever the chem set is going to be it is houwar related

either a strangifier or a modifier(witch we havent seen 1 yet).

- Almost every item in the schema has the + (can) strangify added to it now. Even scrap metal

what you think

-I think his suggestions had merit, were supported by votes, and comments. Most of them were suggested by a moderator that owns several diaries. 

as a sidenote: i know the practices of kristmass of heart first handed as we where competing eachothers in halloween spells sells

he was spam suggesting in specific items (spectrall spectrum-bills hat-keys-bmocs-fireproof diary)

this is no big surprise for me. i am watching his doings for over 7 months and i am surprised on how he have managed to get away with that.

- Oh, so here is the real reason for your post. You think someone has it in for you, and you for some reason have an unhealthy obsession with him.

also

a person that is manipulating prices for his own benefit must not be allowed to suggest again for a 6-12 month period.

-I still don't see the manipulation, and if the MODERATORS feel a need for a ban, he'll get banned. None of this LIBEL is your place to discuss.

closing

Question to Brad Pitt:

Is it possible to remove price suggestions for marketable items (except unusuals) and instead just mirror the steam market median sells value for valuing our bp's?

-That isn't the purpose of this site. Although steam market prices are already tracked on backpack.tf. 

I have quit trading for items that are not marketableand i have no interest into buy any not even promo -bill buds bmocs - cause of that reason.

and i am collecting only marketable items

-Good for you. But I really don't think that anyone will feel the need to alter the entire website which is a value to the community just for you. 

steam in my game ui my inventory has the option to see the current value of my item.if you could use that it would be very helpfull for me and other marketers.

Those marketable items are usually have a very steady value steadier than any promo,plus it is the official community market and those words are enough to put it above any bp/tf outpost bazaar tp proofs we will ever get.

-Again, already on the site, and still not what this site is for. And actually, the market prices of those change daily, and have been at a downward trend for months now. 

i hope bp/tf can evolve further and i hope this is helpfull to some.

-It's helpful to very many. It just doesnt cater only to YOU. 

TL;DR: STFU AND GTFO. 

TL;DR i have 10 archimedes in stock i see you cant managed to buy one you can have 1 from me just for 1 bud and you will get a strange toss proof towel as sweets.

thats my reply for your comment.

or you can try to buy 1 from outpost they have for sell there a ton...oups the 1 its yours, the other 1 is #78 and the other 1 is untradable.

sorry to hear that.

i thought theres no demand on those

2.9-3.5, but inflated (which means your suggesiton was completely inaccurate) it actually was 2.5-3 buds, and suggested by polar bear

but that's off-topic, what matters is that you actually manipulated and don't want to accept it

i did not manipulate dude i was very buzy buying chemistry sets while you where suggesting the prices on those

i just loot the market with the profits from my strangifiers wasnt that hard with prices set at half of the real value.

and i will repeat it to the next chemistry set that will be available.

i dont think i've ever read so much stupid in my life....

unless valve makes the tux tradeable, it won't become a currency no matter what os steam is supporting. Plus, there are 93,000 tuxs all being hoarded by people.

you think 93000 tux + 75000 buds will be enough as curncy when the steam box become mainstream?

every living room in the planet will have one of that.

its going to be an f2p update all over again.

tf2 fans will double in a very short period of time.Tax will become tradable and probably marketable as well for tax reasons.

trust me economics and math is my thing

english not

Wtf does this speculation have to do with price manipulation?

nothing that reply was for another subject

you need to learn how the quote works

Pyroman i am going to buy all the strangifiers and the remain strange miscs my bp is going to be private from now on cause i litterely own more strangifierrs than steam community market has for sell.

How funny, talking about manipulation yet you want to manipulate by hoarding those strangifiers.

If your going to call me out, can we keep the subject about me and instead of all this non-sense?

What's actually funny is all those price suggestions I made were HIGHBALLs.

Not one single person managed to sell a diary within that week for any of my price suggestions. They all sold for a keys less at most, and that took many days.

If I wanted to manipulate the prices, I would of suggested the prices of the quicksellers only.

Also, who do you think approved most of the suggestions, Michael?

An admin who is selling Fireproof diaries!

He has personal experience first hand on how much these sell for.

If I found a single seller who managed to sold for my price range, I would of stopped making suggestions for a little while.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5246e44c4dd7b873718b459b < This user believes I'm making suggestions too high!

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/523d3f284cd7b8174b8b4568 < I was going to make a suggestion back then for 20 flat, but received a hint, that my price suggestion was too high!

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/523d52944cd7b807038b4568 < so I made the range 18 - 20

I could of made less suggestions, and lowered the range a bigger value. Instead I did it slowly.

-----------------

BTW, the high priced diary sellers are in a sense the manipulators.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/14488893 < He says "wait for the update, these will be hot"

And that's why the diary is even this high. Sellers are trying to convince everyone that these will be hot when there's an update, and this is why traders are even trying to pay this much for them. Without the high price on backpack(25 keys), traders didn't mind waiting, and waiting, and waiting months, even a year. You take that away from them, and they start questioning themselves if an update is coming. No one bought these other tehn traders who kept thinking others will buy them, while others are waiting for this update that's still not happening.

you think 93000 tux + 75000 buds will be enough as curncy when the steam box become mainstream?

every living room in the planet will have one of that.

its going to be an f2p update all over again.

tf2 fans will double in a very short period of time.Tax will become tradable and probably marketable as well for tax reasons.

trust me economics and math is my thing

english not

Tf2 trading wil not necessarily grow right away. Some people like it, some don't and you have to play the game for awhile to commit time to it. In order for the tux to be used as currency it will have to be worth more than a key otherwise people will just use keys, bills and buds. The trade economy doesnt need any thing else. The bill has already lost its status on some level.

I have several chem sets, I wish I had more. I put them on an alt and will wait to cash out. These are the first items to be worth hoarding. Dont plan on valve doing this the same way tho. My theory is that they will realease them in future crates and this was just a starter to help traders to know how to deal with these.

What is it with kristmas of heart and those diaries? I mean there's a price suggestion made by Kristmas almost every 2-3 days.

Easy rep. I keep bookmarking ever diary seller, and know if they changed a price, sold the diary or not.

Easy rep. I keep bookmarking ever diary seller, and know if they changed a price, sold the diary or not.

The more crucial question is, what's up with that puppy? Its seems.....out of place.

Explain how the introduction of steam os/steam box (a steam-console) is going to increase the number of people who trade by decent amount. 

How funny, talking about manipulation yet you want to manipulate by hoarding those

If your going to call me out, can we keep the subject about me and instead of all this non-sense?

What's actually funny is all those price suggestions I made were HIGHBALLs.

Not one single person managed to sell a diary within that week for any of my price suggestions. They all sold for a keys less at most, and that took many days.

If I wanted to manipulate the prices, I would of suggested the prices of the quicksellers only.

Also, who do you think approved most of the suggestions, Michael?

An admin who is selling Fireproof diaries!

He has personal experience first hand on how much these sell for.

If I found a single seller who managed to sold for my price range, I would of stopped making suggestions for a little while.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5246e44c4dd7b873718b459b < This user believes I'm making suggestions too high!

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/523d3f284cd7b8174b8b4568 < I was going to make a suggestion back then for 20 flat, but received a hint, that my price suggestion was too high!

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/523d52944cd7b807038b4568 < so I made the range 18 - 20

I could of made less suggestions, and lowered the range a bigger value. Instead I did it slowly.

-----------------

BTW, the high priced diary sellers are in a sense the manipulators.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/14488893 < He says "wait for the update, these will be hot"

And that's why the diary is even this high. Sellers are trying to convince everyone that these will be hot when there's an update, and this is why traders are even trying to pay this much for them. Without the high price on backpack(25 keys), traders didn't mind waiting, and waiting, and waiting months, even a year. You take that away from them, and they start questioning themselves if an update is coming. No one bought these other tehn traders who kept thinking others will buy them, while others are waiting for this update that's still not happening

1)fireproof diary is a crafting ingredient and not a useless item as many ppl is claim to be

2)the diaries are 760~ so it is meant to be used to produce a modifier(not a strangifier) for another item that also counts 760.

It suit me a lower price on those as much it suit me the low prices of the strange miscs i am a marketer that means i am buying a lot of items to sell in market

Problem is you know some things i do as well .but you are using them so you can take advantage of those events that are coming

I dont expect for the rest of the ppl to understand but i know you do.

modification was introduced into the schema along with the diary

but is not used yet,it is meant to be for a great event that you thought it will be this friday today alongside with the #3 anouncement,

that is why you choose the last week to drop its price.

festive strangifier

robo houwar modifier

HHHH strangifier

No, I dropped it last week because I decided to look for new selling items. I choose the diaries.

I tried and tried to sell, got no buyers. I looked closer at what traders were actually buying and selling for. No one was selling, no one was actually buying.

Also, I did not make the first drop suggestion.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5232f4f1ba2536267d8b4599 < He changed it to 21 - 24 keys. Poor TK couldn't even sell the diary til he lowered his price to 18 keys.

I did more research and fixed his suggestion a few days at a time.

Wait, are you saying the diaries are going to super crash hard this Friday if they do nothing?

So if they do something, I should invest in these things?

At this point I plan on buying 1 diary for 12 keys by maybe tuesday at the most...there's a 14 key seller who's not even able to sell. If he fails, I'm so lowering my 12 key buying price!

edit:

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5246e44c4dd7b873718b459b < he's lowering the price of the diaries to 15 keys, but I think he's trying to lower it a bit too much at this time.

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/5247408c4dd7b8de208b4569 < so I'm counting his with a 15 - 16 key suggestion

If I really wanted these to drop, why would I even counter his suggestion. At this point in time, I could make it a 14 - 15 key since this is the range sellers are actually able to sell for.

Easy rep. I keep bookmarking ever diary seller, and know if they changed a price, sold the diary or n

Explain how the introduction of steam os/steam box (a steam-console) is going to increase the number of people who trade by decent amount. 

thats easy have you noticed what android has done to apples share in the smartphone market?

i guess you did judging by your logo

the steamOS is designed to do the same exact thing to sony nintendo and microsft together steal their share.

the steamOS will put sony nintendo and microsoft into the oblivion slowly but steady.

the openess of the os it is going to make every other machine a secondary gadget.

more users more players more traders and so on.give it a year maximum.

and wait for the games. they did use the phrase we will deliver triple A quality games in an official anouncement 2 days ago

''triple'' is not something valve is using in the same sentance with ''games''

25 october the beta is on 2014 everything will be clearer

Archived