Users Permantly Banned From Backpack.tf Loses Access To The Forums

Hexlicious

>Title  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be implemented?

• Yes
    • No

This is just fucking mind blowing how some of you think that all scammers are assholes

I cant even handle it.

half the forumers here don't even freaking trade on these forums and are just here to hang out

Oh and, Most of these traders that are marked as "scammers" traded with scammers without knowing, Why shouldn't we ban sharks either? (Your not a shark, but I don't think you would have liked it if you were perma banned off these forums for being a "Shark"?)

I love you, you understand everything <3

They aren't allowed to use the trading part of the forum, period.

Those of you saying we shouldn't allow scammers on the forums is pretty much sterotyping them into being assholes, which a lot of them ARENT

Hell, lets perma ban every single person that has a perma op ban while we are at it for ABUSING THE REPORT SYSTEM

this is just mind blowing how some of you are being so stupid about this.

Sharking is a grey area, even steamrep/valve doesn't red-tag sharks. Scamming on the other hand is blatant obvious fraud, a bad deal may demoralize people; a fraud can throw people off steam/trading forever.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sharking is a grey area, even steamrep/valve doesn't red-tag sharks. Scamming on the other hand is blatant obvious fraud, a bad deal may demoralize people; a fraud can throw people off steam/trading forever.

Demoralization can cause people to leave trading forever. I've seen it happen.

Sharking was just a example,

All i'm saying its unfair to ban those "Scammers" For trading with other "Scammers"

An accomplice of a thief does not make him innocent by any means under the law or morals

Sharking was just a example,

All i'm saying its unfair to ban those "Scammers" For trading with other "Scammers"

An accomplice of a thief does not make him innocent by any means under the law or morals

As someone said before, Not all trades for this was to make profit for the trader

Also with sharking, there has been plenty of sharkings that have made the sharker 100's of $$$ from that one trade since the trader had no clue what it was, and do you think that is right?

As someone said before, Not all trades for this was to make profit for the trader

Also with sharking, there has been plenty of sharkings that have made the sharker 100's of $$$ from that one trade since the trader had no clue what it was, and do you think that is right?

Mass buying goods from scammers is never right under the law, elsewhere it's debatable, by doing so you are encouraging the scammer to commit more frauds according to steamrep.

Don't think i am the right person to comment on the sharking part

Mass buying goods from scammers is never right under the law, elsewhere it's debatable, by doing so you are encouraging the scammer to commit more frauds according to steamrep.

Don't think i am the right person to comment on the sharking part

We aren't talking about mass buying goods

We are talking about TRADING THEM TWO TIMES, SR ban, rip your trading life

gg

gg

Then perhaps you should bring this issue up with SR, 2 times to them is mass buying

gg

I bought my 1 dream hat from a hijacker and got marked, am I a bad person?

No, seems like mr.Bot here thinks so

Then perhaps you should bring this issue up with SR, 2 times to them is mass buying

SR will talk to me when they finish 1 report

so in about 2 years

Yes you are if you did it knowingly. I don't just think so, steamrep thinks so and it is as such under the law if you are applying real life context, don't see how are criminals not bad people.

Yes you are if you did it knowingly. I don't just think so, steamrep thinks so and it is as such under the law if you are applying real life context, don't see how are criminals not bad people.

Not all criminal are bad people. Didn't you see Oliver Twist? Is a starving orphan who steals bread a bad person?

Or if I wanted to be really edgy, is Edward Snowden a bad person? Is Julian Assange-or-however-you-spell-that a bad person? What they did was illegal.

You can argue for or against what OP is talking about, but don't use the ''criminals are bad full stop'' argument, it doesn't hold water.

Continue.

Not all criminal are bad people. Didn't you see Oliver Twist? Is a starving orphan who steals bread a bad person?

Or if I wanted to be really edgy, is Edward Snowden a bad person? Is Julian Assange-or-however-you-spell-that a bad person? What they did was illegal.

You can argue for or against what OP is talking about, but don't use the ''criminals are bad full stop'' argument, it doesn't hold water.

Continue.

I agree that criminals can be good or bad depending on perspectives/context; crimes infringe on rights of another, so be it you are trying to help another person by committing a crime, you are still harming one other person. However, over the internet you can't tell exactly what intention does a person have before committing a crime, so an easy way out is to punish every criminals for their respective crime.

I agree that criminals can be good or bad depending on perspectives/context; crimes infringe on rights of another, so be it you are trying to help another person by committing a crime, you are still harming one other person. However, over the internet you can't tell exactly what intention does a person have before committing a crime, so an easy way out is to punish every criminals for their respective crime.

Still buying a item from a scammer has nothing to do with communication with other people who enjoy the video game Team Fortress 2.

Still buying a item from a scammer has nothing to do with communication with other people who enjoy the video game Team Fortress 2.

Anyway, with regards to what has been said, I only wanted them off the trading forums but if it can't be done, like I have said the easy way is to just get them off globally to protect any potential victims ,unless someone can come up with a better idea.

If it's in regards to your case, you have a multitude of different types of frauds under your name. Impersonating others during communication with other people has a lot to do with communication with other people.

This is just fucking mind blowing how some of you think that all scammers are assholes

I cant even handle it.

half the forumers here don't even freaking trade on these forums and are just here to hang out

Oh and, Most of these traders that are marked as "scammers" traded with scammers without knowing, Why shouldn't we ban sharks either? (Your not a shark, but I don't think you would have liked it if you were perma banned off these forums for being a "Shark"?)

I'm in support of this, there's no reason for some of them to be here. (Exceptions being users that have traded with scammers and users that have requested bans, as this is (by assumption) an accident) 

Yes, yes you are. 

Better to wait for another to be unboxed or for someone legitimate to purchase it rather than to commit trading suicide. People won't agree with me here but whatever. You're a bad person for knowingly supporting a user who hyjacked another user, and supporting that user for him to continue doing so.

you are in support of sharks/yourself being banned? venom , what?

Backpack.tf doesn't ban sharks (not implying I'm one) what do you mean?

"Oh and, Most of these traders that are marked as "scammers" traded with scammers without knowing, Why shouldn't we ban sharks either? (Your not a shark, but I don't think you would have liked it if you were perma banned off these forums for being a "Shark"?)

TheVenomWithin, on 29 Jun 2015 - 02:38 AM, said:snapback.png

I'm in support of this, there's no reason for some of them to be here. (Exceptions being users that have traded with scammers and users that have requested bans, as this is (by assumption) an accident) 

"

can't quote :(

"Oh and, Most of these traders that are marked as "scammers" traded with scammers without knowing, Why shouldn't we ban sharks either? (Your not a shark, but I don't think you would have liked it if you were perma banned off these forums for being a "Shark"?)

TheVenomWithin, on 29 Jun 2015 - 02:38 AM, said:snapback.png

can't quote :(

It was me agreeing with op,not him. Mario stated I didn't care about people that traded with scammers, which is false.

I like how some people think that I shouldn't be allowed to discuss music, sports, films, games, and other normal discussions with my online friends on some online forums because I did something morally wrong in an online game associated but not comprising the entirety of the forums, but that's none of my business. It's their opinion after all.

Fact this forum don't look down on scammers, some even calling them nice people, is just mind blowing.

Someone gets marked on steamrep for a high-value trade w/ a marked scammer

"I BET YOU EAT BABIES YOU SICK BASTARD"

It was me agreeing with op,not him. Mario stated I didn't care about people that traded with scammers, which is false.

oh that explains, sorry but it seemed to me that you are agreeing with mario that sharks/scammers etc should be banned altogether 

Backpack.tf doesn't ban sharks (not implying I'm one) what do you mean?

Umm. Yes we do. Our definition and standard of proof is just different. So you probably want to watch what you say and to whom. 

Archived