Most unexpectedly overpowered weapons

Explosion-chan

I mean weapons in any game that you wouldn't think would be OP, but definitely are. My first choice would be the hands in Assassin's Creed 2. It's seriously overpowered once you learn disarm, considering most enemies can be one shot after disarming.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ak-47

phlog,beggarz,loc n load, gunslinger.

shotgun pyro, pyro who can reflect, stop standing still, play as soldier and have decent aim

Flashlight. Doom 

For the entire first 1/4 of doom 3 I killed with a flashlight for a good majority of enemies. I'm really conservative on resources, so if I could I would use flashlight and if too many enemies I would kill them off with gun, and flashlight when possible. 

Knife. Call of duty. 

You literally can graze a toe/finger and kill them. Or just the elbow actually depending on your perks in modern warfare 2 you can just stab the air around them. 

Crowbar. Half life.

Honestly why shoot when you can whack them with it. Or gravity gun just throw ammo health packs, and broken wood/anything small. At them and it will kill.

A lot of common weapons don't seem OP in Dark Souls, but when you upgrade them (plus some scaling) they are pretty much the best weapons in the game. They can beat end game weapons.

For example: Halberd, Uchigatana, Rapier, Great Scythe

Lincoln's Repeater in Fallout 3. You wouldn't think much of a 400-year old gun, but it does massive damage compared to it's generic counterpart and is the most accurate gun in the game with 0 spread. And to think that the game wants you to sell it for a measly 100-200 caps.

Ray Gun in Terraria.

"eeh, it just shoots lazers and shit. OH FUCK I KILLED THE DESTROYER IN 3 SECONDS HOLY SHIT"

Rapiers in Souls.

I loved the rapier, especially when I have one in my left and a greatsword in my right

Rapier/Wing Spear from Shadow Dragon.

Even though they are character exclusive (Marth and Caeda respectively) their boosted crit rate and super effectiveness on some of the most common enemy types makes them invaluable. Especially with Caeda's sub-par strength.

SSG in CS:GO for me. $1700, which is very cheap and you can jumpshot.

It's good if you can land headshots. Just got a collateral jumpscout over smoke

Black ops zombies, the M72 Law. Only on shangri-la. Use that with the shrink gun and the zombies all die so quick. Got to round 300 plus easily using that strategy.

Archived