What do you think about Homosexuality / How do you think it starts.

subinka¿ツ

People should love whoever they love. I have no problem whatsoever with gay people, but I do not understand it. That doesn't mean I should treat people wrongly/differently just because I don't understand the person's point of view. Regardless of your opinion of gay people, they are human too, and therefore should be treated as such. 

I can also understand people who do not agree with gays (I am not one of them), but I truly do hope that they realize that LGBT people are just as conscious as anyone else, and just have a different outlook on life. Everyone has different outlooks on life, but do we treat them poorly? no.

tldr gay people born dat way and are just as human as anyone else, deserving equal rights

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think sexual preference is based on psychological experiences throughout life in early stages.

Homosexuality isn't associated with birth, nor is it genetic or inherited.

Nothing wrong with Homosexuality though, it's a preference. It's a very simple analogy that I don't understand how some people cannot grasp.

Being gay ain't a disorder of any kind. My chronic depression, anxiety and frequent lucid nightmares are mental disorders. They actively disrupt my day to day life due to a malfunction in my mental processes.

Me liking gals? That doesn't disrupt my daily life because of something wrong with me. The only reason it disrupts my life is because I live in a society that is largely homophobic, a problem with other people and not me.

I personally think sexual preference is based on psychological experiences throughout life in early stages.

How early are we talking here? What experiences decide someone's sexual preference...?

Homosexuality isn't associated with birth, nor is it genetic or inherited.

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/10443/20141118/homosexuality-genetic-strongest-evidence.htm

There is research into it, while not conclusive yet it does suggest possible genetic consistencies among homosexuals that may not be consistent in heterosexuals. Based on this study there is more research necessary into the matter but one definitely cannot rule out genetics at this point.

Nothing wrong with Homosexuality though, it's a preference. It's a very simple analogy that I don't understand how some people cannot grasp.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'analogy' here. Did you mean to say 'concept'?

How early are we talking here? What experiences decide someone's sexual preference...?

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/10443/20141118/homosexuality-genetic-strongest-evidence.htm

There is research into it, while not conclusive yet it does suggest possible genetic consistencies among homosexuals that may not be consistent in heterosexuals. Based on this study there is more research necessary into the matter but one definitely cannot rule out genetics at this point.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'analogy' here. Did you mean to say 'concept'?

Ages 8-16.

I was unaware of this study. It's a pretty interesting read honestly.

Concept is a better word.

How do I think it starts

Care to know what I think? well ... I don't. I'm not a scientist. Instead, I give you:

The relationship between biologial & sexiual orientation is a subject of research. A simple and singular determinant for sexual orientation has not been conclusively demonstrated; various studies point to different, even conflicting positions, but scientists hypothesize that a combination of genetic, hormonal, and social factors determine sexual orientation.
-- wikipedia

scientists don't know what causes it. And now that I know this ... well, I don't have the ego to claim I know it better then them :D.

What I think of gay people

Mostly I think of them as individuals. If anything I feel sad for them: they live in a world where there are too much haters.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived