What do you think about Homosexuality / How do you think it starts.

subinka¿ツ

It starts because of genetics. It doesn't matter if they're homosexual. I have a few homosexual friends, and they're just like everyone else.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But you are, at least, acknowledging that your 'opinion' disagrees with all of modern science?

Some opinions are just wrong, pal.

An opinion is not right or wrong. An opinion is what someone believes or how someone feels about a cetain subject. For example I might not think/feel your opinion is right. But it's not right or wrong, it's how you feel about a subject. Just because someones opinion differs from your doesn't mean they are wrong. And backing up your opinion on scince is not a great idea considering nothing in science nothing is factual, everything is scince is only a thoery on what they think is to be true.

I'm not you're pal, bud. I find my opinion to be right for my state of mind, it might disagree with science a bit, but that still doesnt make it downright wrong. An opinion is something I find right and something I think. I understand it might not be right to science but it may be right to others and I.

If something has been scientifically proven it's usually right as you can trust science for the most part. You can't say something proven correct is wrong. Also, if I may go off topic for a moment, why did you say "I'm not your* pal, bud"? Aren't pal and bud the same thing pretty much?

If something has been scientifically proven it's usually right as you can trust science for the most part. You can't say something proven correct is wrong. Also, if I may go off topic for a moment, why did you say "I'm not your* pal, bud"? Aren't pal and bud the same thing pretty much?

I have no idea why I put "you're" first mistake in a while, but I always do that to anyone who calls me anything, it started between a friend and I which escalated into "I'm not you're hombre, ese" just an inside joke, nothing to see.

Scientifically proven or just generally accepted by the mayjority of people? 

Scientifically proven or just generally accepted by the mayjority of people? 

Scientifically proven.

You're allowed to not like gays. I, as a gay and therefore entitled to speak on behalf of all gays, don't give a shit.

But trying to justify not liking gays by calling into question all of science? Lol, no, get out

• Administrators

Also, if I may go off topic for a moment, why did you say "I'm not your* pal, bud"? Aren't pal and bud the same thing pretty much?

Isn't this a south park joke?

Scientifically proven.

You're allowed to not like gays. I, as a gay and therefore entitled to speak on behalf of all gays, don't give a shit.

But trying to justify not liking gays by calling into question all of science? Lol, no, get out

I am allowed to not like gays? I thought that opinion was "wrong"

I have no idea why I put "you're" first mistake in a while, but I always do that to anyone who calls me anything, it started between a friend and I which escalated into "I'm not you're hombre, ese" just an inside joke, nothing to see.

Be that as it may it's still a contradiction. Also getting your friend to try and defend your point does not necessarily help your case. :x

Isn't this a south park joke?

Yeah, in the episode where Canada want more money. "I'm not your buddy, guy!, I'm not your guy, friend, I'm not your friend, buddy!" and so on.

I am allowed to not like gays? I thought that opinion was "wrong"

Not liking gays is an opinion.

Calling homosexuality a mental disorder is factually incorrect.

There's a difference, and it's not a complicated difference.

Be that as it may it's still a contradiction. Also getting your friend to try and defend your point does not necessarily help your case. :x

I just linked him here because I was actually enjoying having conversations with intelligent people, he merely put in his two cents, I never told him to.

What is this post.

Where did you read this?

youtube it was a video i watched a long time ago, it may be wrong but thats what i know, also i have top comment

• Administrators

youtube it was a video i watched a long time ago, it may be wrong but thats what i know, also i have top comment

You probably shouldn't get your science from random youtube videos. :P

I'm not you're pal, bud. I find my opinion to be right for my state of mind, it might disagree with science a bit, but that still doesnt make it downright wrong. An opinion is something I find right and something I think. I understand it might not be right to science but it may be right to others and I.

im not you are pal

it may disagree with all observation and lived experience but muh onions broh

As far as I'm concerned the only thing that gays don't have the same as straight people is "marriage".

this is the fault of rich white gays who campaign solely on that basis; but it is entirely fallacious and callous when it comes to actually illustrating the issues which people who are not straight actually experience

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelessness_among_LGBT_youth_in_the_United_States

http://www2.nami.org/Content/ContentGroups/Multicultural_Support1/Fact_Sheets1/GLBT_Mental_Health_07.pdf

http://www.wcsap.org/lesbian-gay-bisexual-transgender-queer-community

LGBT people are disproportionately at risk of homelessness, drug dependency, mental illness, rape, harassment, abuse in various forms.

marriage is the least of my fucking concerns and it illustrates the degree to which mainstream "rights" movements are concerned with banner campaigns which while they are useful in terms of representation and suggesting that LGBTQ people have a place and a stake in society, are mainly about conforming to heteronormative relationships and gay people's access to them. therefore they must ignore the plight of LGBTQ youth and adults across the world in order to be successful because they rely on portraying LGBTQ relationships as the same as heterosexual except they're both dudes/ladies, hence the "but which one of you is the masculine one" questions which i guarantee almost every lesbian/gay/queer couple are asked at some point

im not you are pal

it may disagree with all observation and lived experience but muh onions broh

I don't remember teasing over one grammatical mistake? But, it's personal opinion tyvm. 

I don't remember teasing over one grammatical mistake? But, it's personal opinion tyvm. 

well i'm glad you've forgotten so quickly. it's personal opinion in the same way that others have pointed out that you can have the opinion that the earth is flat.

saying "it's personal opinion" is not a defense of a position, it advances no discussion, it's inherently circular: "i believe this, this is my belief." you are burying your head in the sands of "it's muh opinion"

well i'm glad you've forgotten so quickly. it's personal opinion in the same way that others have pointed out that you can have the opinion that the earth is flat.

saying "it's personal opinion" is not a defense of a position, it advances no discussion, it's inherently circular: "i believe this, this is my belief." you are burying your head in the sands of "it's muh opinion"

You cannot be absolutely sure that it is not a mental disorder. You can with the earth being round and such, since you can traverse it, you cannot go into the human mind and pick poke and prod and see that its a mental disorder. They merely dubbed it as "not a mental disorder" because they didn't find coherent evidence with it being/not being a disorder. 

You cannot be absolutely sure that it is not a mental disorder. You can with the earth being round and such, since you can traverse it, you cannot go into the human mind and pick poke and prod and see that its a mental disorder. They merely dubbed it as "not a mental disorder" because they didn't find coherent evidence with it being/not being a disorder. 

"you can't prove it's not a mental disorder"

"it's just that there's no evidence for it being a disorder, that's why it's not listed"

if there's no evidence for it being a disorder, it's not longer listed as a disorder and guess what, gay people are just as capable of living entirely normal functional lives, then there's no valid reason to describe it as a disorder.

"A mental disorder, also called a mental illness or psychiatric disorder, is mental or behavioral pattern that causes either suffering or a poor ability to function in ordinary life."

which part of this allows homosexual attraction to be considered a disorder? it doesn't inherently cause suffering or loss of function. it does not fit the definition of disorder, ergo it is not a disorder, your opinion is factually incorrect and therefore not valid.

• Administrators

Also a basic rule of logic that ya don't need to prove a negative. If you're asserting it's a disorder, it's on you to prove it is, not on others to prove it's not.

You cannot be absolutely sure that it is not a mental disorder. 

Can you prove that it is a mental disorder then?

Because right now you're just spewing random crap out. 

• Administrators

Can't be absolutely sure that trolling bp.tf forums isn't a mental disorder. Guess we'd better lock him up to be safe.

Archived