Circumcision

dabaers

If you really care that much you can get uncircumcised, I personally think that it should be up to the person getting circumcised.

Sadly, I live in the United States, where you use cups and your foot as measurements. In modern days, I see no reason to still circumcise, as clean water and soap are easily available. 

Found an interesting article, pretty sure you won't get an infection if you clean it properly

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/circumcision-rates-declining-health-risks-rising-study-says/

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you can get uncircumcised

Interesting.  I was not aware of that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreskin_restoration

Seems to be good news for those who were circumcised at birth and wish they hadn't been.  Still, there are probably a few minor risks/complications involved as with any procedure, and I'm doubtful that it would provide restoration of all the associated nerve endings which would have been removed in the initial circumcision.  But according to the article, there are some potential benefits to getting your foreskin restored.

The fact the extra skin has millions of nerve endings as an "important role in sex" is more than irrelevant.

do you just not like pleasure or

If someone chopped part of my dick off, even just the skin, I swear to god they'd be dead by tomorrow.

(That's my input.)

I can pleasure myself just fine without skin overlapping the tip of my penis

It just dawned on me how fucking much this thread is TMI

I'd rather have a mushroom than a fucking water snake thing when bathing, thank you kindly

water%20wiggler%20medium.jpg(Ignore animals. Those aren't important. Seeing who's dick is better is.)

(although you all have have as much experience with someone besides a doctor and your mother looking at them than I do with unusuals)

ALSO 

...It just dawned on me how fucking much this thread is TMI

It just dawned on me how fucking much this thread is TMI

LOL

When the penis is erect, the foreskin does not overlap the head.  AFAIK, when it is erect, you cannot tell the difference between cut and uncut.

• Administrators

When the penis is erect, the foreskin does not overlap the head.  AFAIK, when it is erect, you cannot tell the difference between cut and uncut.

That's not quite true in a lot of cases, and like most things it varies from person to person. Some people have more skin available than others. I'd be more descriptive but there are children around. o_O

i have been circumcised so I guess its gud, nothing wrong w/ me here. It should be the parents decision imo, whether they want their kid done is their choice.

The practice should be to wait until the boy is old enough to decide, and it should be illegal to do it before then.

i'd prefer having a part of my dick cut off when i'm a baby and can't remember it/feel pain compared to having nightmares everyday about it and having to go through massive pain in which i'd remember forever.

lol it's a bit different to how you seem to think of it but it's scientifically true that you experience less sensation without one, which in my opinion is a clear disadvantage

if uncircumcised you can get infections or dirt under your skin

:^)

Personally, I don't really worry about it. She'll decide whether or not she wants to have sex with me based on factors more significant and numerous than whether  or not I have a foreskin. And if you shower now and again, just wash your dick people. Just like the rest of yourself.

This is like something out of /b/

if uncircumcised you can get infections or dirt under your skin

:^)

I kinda assume that people that have access to the internet, also has access to a shower -and shower a couple times a day- , so that shouldn't really a problem.

I feel like a majority of the people using the claim that they would be furious if their parents decided to do a circumcision for them are biased in the fact that it is not normal in their own country. True the facts do point to the pointlessness of circumcision but that is the normal in places like the United States, where I live. I wouldn't furious and am not furious because I was circumcised. It's the basically the norm here.  

• Administrators

My husband is circumsized, it's not abnormal to me. Just because something is the norm doesn't mean it's a good idea or serves a useful purpose. And even if it did, it should be up to the person having their dick chopped.

Tradition/cultural habit is a really bizarre defense for cutting body parts off babies for no reason.

I feel like a majority of the people using the claim that they would be furious if their parents decided to do a circumcision for them are biased in the fact that it is not normal in their own country. True the facts do point to the pointlessness of circumcision but that is the normal in places like the United States, where I live. I wouldn't furious and am not furious because I was circumcised. It's the basically the norm here.  

I also live in the USA and I would have been furious if my parents did that to me.  Just because it's the norm doesn't make it okay (argumentum ad populum fallacy).  Circumcision is not necessary, and IMO, it should be against the law to unnecessarily mutilate your child that way before it can even have a chance to decide for itself.

Now let me tell you what I "feel like" (your words).  I suspect that most if not all of the people defending circumcision here by employing fallacies and factual inaccuracies were themselves circumcised at birth and don't want to face the reality that they got the short end of the stick.

If you were circumcised before you had a chance to choose, I genuinely feel sorry for you, especially if you have to convince yourself that it's the right thing to do by clinging to logical fallacies and unsupported claims about the supposed benefits of it.  That's not dealing with reality.  That's holding onto a lie to protect your ego.

I encourage people to go back through this thread and read some of the information that has been posted about the actual reality of circumcision.  Or do the research on your own.  There's a lot of information out there on it.  The truth is more important than what you may want to believe.

edit: you can also watch this 33 minute lecture if you choose to, but I have to warn you that it does contain some disturbing video and imagery

Female genital mutilation is normal elsewhere. Its ok there because it's normal 

Female genital mutilation is normal elsewhere. Its ok there because it's normal

I never condomed circumcision or said it was okay I just said it was the norm in the US

-snip-

Watched the video, was pretty graphic but infomative, good job. Anyways, I have been circumcised and don't plan on regenrating it so there nothing for me now. I have to admit that I have bias defending it as I have been circumcised. On the other hand, it is still hard to shake off cultural and society beliefs that have permeated through society. In this case, circumcision.

Edit: I still believe that parents should have the right to make decesions for their child, even i. The case of circumsicion (Waits to get slapped by Heated Bread)

Edit: I still believe that parents should have the right to make decesions for their child, even i. The case of circumsicion (Waits to get slapped by Heated Bread)

Well alright.  If that's your opinion, and you are merely presenting it as your opinion, then I can only tell you that I disagree.  I've already shared my own opinion of course, which is that it's morally wrong and that it should be illegal, and I hope I've made it at least somewhat clear why I have that opinion.  Parents do have the right to make decisions for their child, legally (and morally in many cases, so long as their decisions are themselves morally correct).  In the case of circumcision at birth, I do not think it is morally correct.

To play devils advocate, I will say that one could take the position that morally speaking, intentions are of higher importance than consequences, and so if a decision is made with good intentions, that decision was morally correct even if the consequences of that decision were not.  However, if one is in a clear and rational state of mind and is given all of the currently available information on circumcision, I cannot see how one could make the decision to have it done with good intentions.  Perhaps there is a way, and perhaps my inability to see it comes down to my own lack of imagination, but it seems fairly clear to me that it is not a positive or even remotely necessary procedure.

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to post 21 days later, but here's an interesting story:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2015/05/chase_nebus_hironimus_circumcision_battle_intactivists_form_chase_s_guardians.html

It's about a family of three. The father notices that the 4-year-old son is peeing on his leg. He takes him to the doctor, the doctor says the son's foreskin is too tight and is causing this. The father wants to get him circumcised because of this issue, though the mother, an anti-circumcision activist, begs to differ. She doesn't allow the son to get circumcised, this becomes a big media new story, the son is later circumcised and the mother goes to jail.

It's a pretty fucked up story. The kid needs to get circumcised or else he'll be peeing on himself the rest of his life, but the mother would rather have that than get him circumcised because it's "child abuse" and "a violation of human rights".

Hate to post 21 days later, but here's an interesting story:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2015/05/chase_nebus_hironimus_circumcision_battle_intactivists_form_chase_s_guardians.html

It's about a family of three. The father notices that the 4-year-old son is peeing on his leg. He takes him to the doctor, the doctor says the son's foreskin is too tight and is causing this. The father wants to get him circumcised because of this issue, though the mother, an anti-circumcision activist, begs to differ. She doesn't allow the son to get circumcised, this becomes a big media new story, the son is later circumcised and the mother goes to jail.

It's a pretty fucked up story. The kid needs to get circumcised or else he'll be peeing on himself the rest of his life, but the mother would rather have that than get him circumcised because it's "child abuse" and "a violation of human rights".

Circumcision for legitimate medical reasons shouldn't be an issue, in this case it would have been the quick and easy solution but there are alternatives if the foreskin is too tight. I have read of methods to stretch the foreskin so that it can retract naturally where phimosis or a similar issue is present.

I'm not sure that it would be circumcision or nothing in this case but if circumcision was the best option then it's not abuse. On the other hand, performing the operation at birth is completely unnecessary.

Archived