Circumcision

dabaers

What are your opinions on circumcision?

I am aware of the apparent health benefits that come from circumcision, but I don't like the idea of genital mutilation. Someone persuade me one way or another. Here in America it happens all the time while in Europe it is apparently less common. Thoughts?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are your opinions on circumcision?

I am aware of the apparent health benefits that come from circumcision, but I don't like the idea of genital mutilation. Someone persuade me one way or another. Here in America it happens all the time while in Europe it is apparently less common. Thoughts?

I live in europe so I have no thoughts

Is that like castration?

I live in europe so I have no thoughts

Is that like castration?

"Circumcision is the surgical removal of the skin covering the tip of the penis. Circumcision is fairly common for newborn boys in certain parts of the world, including the United States."

I am sceptical at the idea that circumcision would be profitable in terms of health.

• "A decreased risk of urinary tract infections.
  • A reduced risk of some sexually transmitted diseases in men.
  • Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners."

I am too, thats why I wanted more to hear more voices arguing one way or another

• Administrators

Might wanna look up studies into those things rather than asking a bunch of teenagers on a message board about hats.

• "A decreased risk of urinary tract infections.
  • A reduced risk of some sexually transmitted diseases in men.
  • Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners."

I am too, thats why I wanted more to hear more voices arguing one way or another

Well, it is what it is supposed to do. I also heard that :D

It's just wrong. The fate of ones foreskin is up to them to decide, and not some rabbi/doctor, unless it's causing physical problems. If you look at female circumcision, it's known as 'female genital mutilation' and is 'an international dilemma', despite holding the same benefits as male circumcision, and being much less common. It's just not right.

depends where you from. it's the norm in america, it's weird in the uk. the health benefits are pretty suspect to me, evolution is pretty good at looking after stuff. just keep yourself clean (in every sense) and there's no reason to see it as a negative. also the lack of foreskin reduces sensitivity and takes away a sensitive place to start with.

It's just wrong. The fate of ones foreskin is up to them to decide, and not some rabbi/doctor, unless it's causing physical problems. If you look at female circumcision, it's known as 'female genital mutilation' and is 'an international dilemma', despite holding the same benefits as male circumcision, and being much less common. It's just not right.

it doesn't have benefits, it's incredibly painful, much more invasive and destroys a much greater and more sensitive area. don't act like people are only making a big deal cause it's women, it's because it's actively bad for you as well as being painful to a horrifying level.

I'm muslim ... And it's religiously obligatory for us ... inb4 it protects against diseases and GIRLS LIKE IT . So yeah , i don't see the problem in getting a circumcision

• Administrators

Circumcision is the way, bro. Only benefits from it... Plus, girls prefer circumcised penis than not-circumcised ones.

Incorrect.

• Administrators

Care to elaborate?

He is incorrect in his statement.

Lol... most women don't give a fuck, and many prefer uncut. The only girls who are like "ewwwwww foreskin" are ones with no sexual experience (ie - american teenagers)

Circumcision has barely any health benefits in western populations. If you can't manage washing beneath your foreskin you probably have bigger issues than whether you got circumsized or not. Not to mention it reduces sexual enjoyment a great deal, as it removes nerve endings plus the head of the penis toughens a little without the protective sheath. If an adult man wants to get a circumcision that's his choice. We should not be forcing it on babies who cannot consent.

Circumcision has barely any health benefits in western populations. If you can't manage washing beneath your foreskin you probably have bigger issues than whether you got circumsized or not. Not to mention it reduces sexual enjoyment a great deal, as it removes nerve endings plus the head of the penis toughens a little without the protective sheath. If an adult man wants to get a circumcision that's his choice. We should not be forcing it on babies who cannot consent.

you know you can just edit one post instead of making like 5 new ones

• Administrators

you know you can just edit one post instead of making like 5 new ones

But then people who read the first post won't know there's more to read!

Also who cares?

My take on it:

Circumcision should require the consent of the patient.  Circumcising a baby is wrong because the baby cannot give consent. 

Circumcision is completely unnecessary and dulls the sensation of the head of the penis, and in some rare cases can actually lead to permanent damage rendering the person unable to enjoy sex. 

People often argue that circumcision is good for cleanliness.  I'm sorry, but I think most people have access to clean water and know how to regularly bathe themselves properly.

Nah we don't need it, it's a out dated practice. That does nothing, it was invented by the same people that thought religion was a good idea. And to the Muslim here even if it enhances sex, that doesn't matter your only allowed to have sex when wanting to reproduce

• Administrators

Nah we don't need it, it's a out dated practice. That does nothing, it was invented by the same people that thought religion was a good idea. And to the Muslim here even if it enhances sex, that doesn't matter your only allowed to have sex when wanting to reproduce

It doesn't enhance sex.

And I'm p sure muslims have sex other than for reproduction. That's catholics you're thinking of there (and let's be honest, most of em don't really stick to that.)

I am sitting here looking at heavily biased answers and people posting things without a source.

Noting reputable sources on information quickly gets your point across as there is something backing it up.

it was invented by the same people that thought religion was a good idea.

I have a problem with that statement, just because the inventor(s) have/had a certain belief does not make it automatically something good/bad.

true that. Any one hear about the failed circumcision where that baby's dick just got chopped off

Now what we need here is the rate things like this occur at.

http://www.circinfo.net/risks_of_circumcision.html<-- this website has sources of it's information, but I did not check the sources myself.

I am sitting here looking at heavily biased answers and people posting things without a source.

Noting reputable sources on information quickly gets your point across as there is something backing it up.

I have a problem with that statement, just because the inventor(s) have/had a certain belief does not make it automatically something good/bad.

you want people to use evidence here, this website is a flame war simulator, and troll.simulator

Circumcision is the way, bro. Only benefits from it... Plus, girls prefer circumcised penis than not-circumcised ones.

That varies greatly from culture to culture. Over here any girl would probably wonder what the fuck is wrong with your parents when they see it.

As for the health benefits, I can't exactly say I'm convinced that the health benefits are that great, or even of any matter if you live with basic hygiene from what I've read so far.

Archived