Circumcision

dabaers

• Administrators

I am sitting here looking at heavily biased answers and people posting things without a source.

Noting reputable sources on information quickly gets your point across as there is something backing it up.

If I was writing a paper, I'd cite sources. This is a forum. As I said in my first post, if you want accuracy then look for studies, don't ask random people on a message board.

This forum (and facebook) needs a dislike button. :P

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, May 2, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, May 2, 2015 - No reason given

you want people to use evidence here, this website is a flame war simulator, and troll.simulator

writes troll comment, gets all the likes

It's up to beliefs. Thats it.

Also, y'all need some GFs. And maybe some self confidence in your friend in the basement too.

Honestly, it depends on your religious belief as far as I know but some people don't what their boy's penis chopped up so that's their deCISION. 

Honestly, it depends on your religious belief as far as I know but some people don't what their boy's penis chopped up so that's their deCISION. 

It should be up to the boy, not the parents.  It's not right to snip a guy's wingdingadangler without his consent.  He'll have to live with it for his entire life without ever having a chance to decide if he actually wants it like that or not.  It's fucked up.  The practice should be to wait until the boy is old enough to decide, and it should be illegal to do it before then.

deCISION. 

lel

Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, May 2, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by puddingkip, May 2, 2015 - No reason given

It's up to beliefs. Thats it.

Also, y'all need some GFs. And maybe some self confidence in your friend in the basement too.

Coming from the guy with 750 posts

Genital mutilation of babies is especially wrong. If you're an adult and you want to mutilate your penis then go ahead but don't think you're being a good parent by doing this to your child.

Circumcision is the way, bro. Only benefits from it... Plus, girls prefer circumcised penis than not-circumcised ones.

That's just something circumcised guys tell people.

No harm comes from circumcision, so nothing bad will happen of you are or aren't circumcised. Some women prefer a circumcised penis, some prefer uncircumcised.

Genital mutilation of babies is especially wrong. If you're an adult and you want to mutilate your penis then go ahead but don't think you're being a good parent by doing this to your child.

Who cares? A guy isn't going to be mad at his parents for the rest of his life because they got him circumcised as a kid. Besides, it saves you the trouble of going to a circumcision clinic and getting somebody to do it for you when you're 18. If you think about it, you can relate this to innie and outie belly buttons. You wanted an innie instead of an outie? Too bad, your parents had to make the choice when you were born, they couldn't wait until you were 18 and let you choose how to get your umbilical code chopped off.

No harm comes from circumcision, so nothing bad will happen of you are or aren't circumcised. Some women prefer a circumcised penis, some prefer uncircumcised.

You have not been paying attention.  There are harmful effects.  Some have been mentioned already in this thread.

http://www.circumcision.org/studies.htm

The above link discusses some studies about the effects of circumcision.

A guy isn't going to be mad at his parents for the rest of his life because they got him circumcised as a kid.

I would have been furious.  When I was born, my mother wanted me circumcised.  Thankfully, my father objected.  So it wasn't done.  I am extremely grateful.  My mother wanted it done for religious reasons.  As someone who proudly managed to become an atheist later in life after years of strict mental conditioning, stress, anguish, and nightmares filled with religious imagery, having a permanent religiously driven mutilation to my genitals would be beyond humiliating and demeaning to me.  That would be something I could never forgive.

I don't expect you to understand, but I am so glad that my penis was left fully intact, for the above reason and for a few others as well.  I also am angry at people in general who get it done to their kid, and I'm mad at doctors who push it on parents.  There's just not a good reason for it and it's wrong to do it to someone before they can have a chance to give informed consent.

Besides, it saves you the trouble of going to a circumcision clinic and getting somebody to do it for you when you're 18.

You're assuming everyone would want it done.  Given the choice, obviously not everyone would choose it, and that is exactly the case in reality.  Those who do have the choice often do not get it done.

If you think about it, you can relate this to innie and outie belly buttons. You wanted an innie instead of an outie? Too bad, your parents had to make the choice when you were born, they couldn't wait until you were 18 and let you choose how to get your umbilical code chopped off.

Whether your bellybutton is an "innie" or an "outie" actually has nothing at all to do with how the umbilical was cut.

http://www.parenting.com/article/the-cause-of-outie-belly-buttons

Parents take decisions for their child, and they usually want the best for him. They may take bad or good decisions, that's life.

It seems to me, as a lack of gratitude, to be angry after his parents for what they could have done wrong, except if it was intended as so.

If they choose to circumcise their children for religious beliefs, that's basically because they think it was for the best of their child.

As parents have children and then, are in charge of his education, it is normal they take such (important?) decisions.

Otherwise, society shall withdraw children from parents and organise their education, just the way it occured in some communist countries.

Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, May 2, 2015 - off-topic
Hidden by puddingkip, May 2, 2015 - off-topic

Coming from the guy with 750 posts

What does post count have to do with anything?
Posted · Hidden by puddingkip, May 2, 2015 - off-topic
Hidden by puddingkip, May 2, 2015 - off-topic

What does post count have to do with anything?

I'm assuming that he's suggesting that with your apparently high post count, he thinks you're a nolife who couldn't know what a girlfriend was like.

I'd take sensitivity over hygiene any day, because i take a shower every day and have access to clean water

Luckily, i wasn't circumcised. As it is not a common practice over here

• Administrators

Parents take decisions for their child, and they usually want the best for him. They may take bad or good decisions, that's life.

It seems to me, as a lack of gratitude, to be angry after his parents for what they could have done wrong, except if it was intended as so.

If they choose to circumcise their children for religious beliefs, that's basically because they think it was for the best of their child.

As parents have children and then, are in charge of his education, it is normal they take such (important?) decisions.

Otherwise, society shall withdraw children from parents and organise their education, just the way it occured in some communist countries.

Parents who choose not to vaccinate their kids do it because they think they're doing the right thing. Doesn't make them correct, and doesn't mean their kid can't get pissed if he ends up with fuckin measles.

Some parents choose not to vaccinate their children because they think vaccines are harmful.

What about the parents that chose to vaccinate their children who then get sick ? Would you say they were right ? They certainly considered that the risk was worth it. Some parents would have considered that the risk wasn't worth it. It is open to debate. I think the decision belongs to parents, and it is the case in many countries.

I'm not circumcised and I have no diseases or cancer so I can't say that there's much wrong with it.

You gotta have sex first. ayy

I'm from the Uk and have heard that in America, parents often get their children circumcised to prevent masterbation because some dude who made cereal said something. Any truth in that?

The only people here who seem to get them are Jewish. 

• Administrators

Some parents choose not to vaccinate their children because they think vaccines are harmful.

What about the parents that chose to vaccinate their children who then get sick ? Would you say they were right ? They certainly considered that the risk was worth it. Some parents would have considered that the risk wasn't worth it. It is open to debate. I think the decision belongs to parents, and it is the case in many countries.

Children who are vaccinated against measles, mumps and rubella don't get measles, mumps or rubella so... your hypothetical makes no sense. The "risk" you speak of is fake pseudo-science, not any actual risk. It's not open to debate if you just do some basic research.

Either way, there is no evidence of any benefit to circumcision in western populations, so it should be each man's choice, not his parents'. If I was a guy and my parents cut off the end of my dong to save me having to clean under some skin I'd be pissed as hell.

I can assure you this is not a fake, depends on how the vaccines are manufactured.

There are many additives in vaccines. And real cases showed some of these vaccines (I am not talking of measles, mumps or rubella) were harmful. Some vaccines are in my opinion, useful for precise purpose, but some may not worth the risk.

• Administrators

Harmful how? Never seen anything but pseudoscience to indicate that.

I was circumcised, but I'm good with it. I don't want my penis to be the center of attention when I take a shower

Plus I'm in America, so it's normal (read below) and I don't think I'll find anyone that has a problem with it

Lol... most women don't give a fuck, and many prefer uncut. The only girls who are like "ewwwwww foreskin" are ones with no sexual experience (ie - american teenagers)

Most women don't really prefer anything. Unless you have study group of a couple thousand from around the world

Depends where you're from

Obviously people in America, like me, don't spell things in English like that of people in England (e.g., favorite, color), but that's just culture for you

A girl who has never seen a dick before has little to no idea what dicks she prefers. The first dick she sees she might be interested in.

Nah we don't need it, it's a out dated practice. That does nothing, it was invented by the same people that thought religion was a good idea. And to the Muslim here even if it enhances sex, that doesn't matter your only allowed to have sex when wanting to reproduce

Nah we don't need basketball, it's a out dated practice. That does nothing, it was invented by the same people that thought sacrificing people on an alter for the sun god was a good idea.

ftfw.

My point was that we still do things we don't need to do, but we do anyway, be it part of our culture or otherwise.

If you're worried about people looking at your dick in public showers, wear swimming trunks.  I've always done it, and nobody has ever said a damn thing to me.  Even if they did, I would just ask them why they were staring at my dick in the first place.  Eyes up, boys.

While I agree with some of the things said, let me pick this apart

First off, he states that circumcision is not needed to prevent infection, because we have showers these days. He goes on to say that it's a natural lube, but don't we have perfectly good lube in bottles nowadays too? Might have to spend an extra buck or two, but not the point.

There are several things done national and international that were started by a single person, too, many times with the people believing it did something it really didn't.

It implies that only dads had a say in whether or not baby's are circumcised, but it was my mother, from Hungary, who decided I should be

The fact the extra skin has millions of nerve endings as an "important role in sex" is more than irrelevant. Why would that have anything to do with how sex is achieved? Rather, how it's an "important part".

it's just wrong to permanently brand a child's body without a shred of consent. i can't see anyone backing that up even for religious reasons. if it wasn't legally accepted it would be physical abuse. it doesn't even matter what you think about its benefits, if it's necessary for the boy's health (which is actually really rare; most of the time it's "necessary" it's just because there is a minor peepee problem and the doctor thinks circumcision is dandy) then obviously it should be allowed. otherwise it should be forbidden for the simple reason of bodily autonomy.

personally i am uncircumcised and glad. i prefer the look of uncircumcised cock.

Archived