How do people get so rich???

jneb900

i flipped anything that was stable and i knew could get profit. i wasnt afraid to take items, again if they were stable. i still do, but in so much less portion. i only deal with unusuals now

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I am sure topics like this have been made. But I was wondering what you guys with unusuals how you made your money. Right now my main goal is to get an unusual (preferably for soldier) and those are expensive. So if you have any tips on what you did to get yours please leave them below.

Merged.

Either using money to get a start...or sharking

Real money most of the time.. It's very rare that people with $1000+ bp's have traded their way to the top these days..

I'm with Awesome and a bunch of the other people here. I have never spent a dime. Traded my way up in 8 months. And the only "shark" I can think of doing was paying 1.4 pure for a 3.5 bud unusual when the new effects were released and people didn't know their value. Just know your prices and trading is easy. 

why isn't this a full time job for you? 

Cause I make more in real life?

Cause I make more in real life?

This is definitely the easiest and happiest way to get wealth in TF2! No dealing with certain types of you-know-what kids.

This is definitely the easiest and happiest way to get wealth in TF2! No dealing with certain types of you-know-what kids.

So true, not sure about other countries but even on our minimum wage 16/hr you basically get a bud every 2 hrs (not to mention holiday x2 ...etc) and looks good on your cv. Dont really get those real serious traders treating trading supah serious :l

So true, not sure about other countries but even on our minimum wage 16/hr you basically get a bud every 2 hrs (not to mention holiday x2 ...etc) and looks good on your cv. Dont really get those real serious traders treating trading supah serious :l

the fuck do you live that minimum wage is $16......

the fuck do you live that minimum wage is $16......

Derpeh is from New South Wales, Australia according to his Steam profile.

National minimum wage for adults

Currently the full-time minimum wage is $16.37 per hour or $622.20 per week. This means that most employees in the national system shouldn't get less than this.

Sourcehttps://www.fairwork.gov.au/pay/national-minimum-wage/pages/default.aspx

I'll be damned.

can someone please explain to me what "flip" means D:

That's just sad...

*sigh*

Buying an item for less, and selling an item for more.

Currently the full-time minimum wage is $16.37 per hour or $622.20 per week.

Amazing! Bet things over there cost more though. 

even thought im making some profit on this tf2 madness. i still dont see it being worthwhile. My bp is too big to manage, just not enough resource to trade that much. The next critical size to be self-sustainable would be to set up tf2shop or scrap.tf equivalent scales and bots. 

Apart from the websites, I suspect that the only traders making a living at it (by honest means) are located somewhere where $800 USD/month is a good wage.    I put this very question to someone that did a lot of money trades:

Q: Would you say $800/mo is an achieveable income from trading, month-in and month-out?

A: "It's a lot tougher now than it was before. The market screwed up a lot of things for us (I used to be able to flip thousands of keys a day for a few cents profit each). Some of the bigger players I know still make something around that (I don't know specifics), but for the average person they'd probably be looking at a lot less."

"tl;dr - it's certainly possible, but I wouldn't expect anybody new to ever get that."

i just cant figure those new unusuals out, im so bad at it. perhaps im not taking enough risk

"Risk" might be strong word.  If a new effect looks like sparkly confetti, and you pay 1.5x regular confetti price, you're going to make profit.

Buds.  Buy buds for 21 keys and 5.55 ref, sell for 22 keys.  Make 1 scrap per trade.  

#mindsetofkeysellers

Only stupid people are flipping keys for metal.

You need to have a mentality to rip people off, make good trades, being selfish, etc. You don't raffle, you don't give items away, you just hoard and make more and more profit.

Archived