Do you believe in (Any) God?

Final2500

We just have to trust that the jug of milk knows whats best.

Of course it does, its a jug of milk.  B)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I do believe in a higher entity.

Beause nothing exploding into everything is pretty much a shitty idea and let me tell you why.

How did religion come into existence? Some fucker told it to someone else, and gave them their "proof" as in water into wine, bible etc and the other guy was like "Seems legit" and went to pass on to his friends. The circle continues, without anyone seeing with their eyes what or how the fuck shit happened.

Now, how did these modern day theories come into existence? Same shit, Some guy gave someone a book with some fag's sciency shit, he accepts it, tells it to his bros etc.

Now you might be either:

MUH PRAYERS

or

MUH SCIENCE

It all depends which guy came to your house first, but have you actually seen some miracles? Have you actually seen the faggot-ass subatomic partice things? Or did some guy tell you how his brother's girlfriend's friend had a guy in CERN/Vatican and he passed it on how he saw some shit and it was so cash?

As for me, i'm still having an identity crisis, but I can safely say that science can't explain everything, and that there might be a higher entity we affectionately call God.

tl;dr fucking read it

I do like to have an valid explanation for thinks, and since the best "proof" of god consist out of a story about an "gray bearded man" in some kind of old book..

No god for me...

Sorry if I insulted someone

just because you cant see it doesn't mean you shouldn't believe it i mean can you see ur brain?

That is absolutely the worst analogy/logic I've ever read. Kudos.

This is something very deep, let's say there's a being gazillion of light years away from earth that created everything you see each time you look up the stars and telescope. Ask again, what created that being? bacteria? what created that bacteria? If there is this being somewhere in the universe, it doesn't know what a human is, it doesn't know what is life.

I want to see someone argue against this.

• 2 weeks later...

k mate i cant do anything for you and good luck with ur life! 

I really dont like that attitude. What i get form that is: "Lol u no believe u go hell lelelel"

You should respect.

I really dont like that attitude. What i get form that is: "Lol u no believe u go hell lelelel"

You should respect.

soz if i disrespected u in anyway mate didnt mean it

• 2 weeks later...

While I am a man of science, yes I do. Apparently the Christian God is so bright he will melt and vaporize all who see him in his full glory. even his really freaking creepy cherubs and even more freaky 6 winged three headed seraphs that, while always covering themselves, have voices that can destroy mountain ranges and burn anyone who sees them and are apparently a fraction of God and his holy "Glow". its actually quite unsettling on certain things about what god is and his domain from certain interpetations.

Oke so, from my little point of view, God exists, two things getting exploded to form earth and us being monkeys and all this "evolution" thing is kinda beyond me. Look at the sky, the lands, yourself, how everything is in its place, how the sun and moon exchange place, how all your organs and stuff works perfectly, is it just a co-incidince all this happened? we are perfect by luck ? I don't think so, there must be someone behind all this. And if someone says that like someone told someone about some stories and that they came from the sky and the other dude believed and spread it and made a "religion" is kinda redicilious, if that is true, the most of science is wrong as most discovries of physics/bio/chemistry was made hundreds if not thousands of years ago, are they all false too ? naah.

-snip-

you may very well be right, KMD.  there very well could be a god.  by why have you chosen your specific god?  perhaps you are right that the clouds and the organs and everything are too good to be a coincidence, but why should I thank your god for it and not the other gods that people think are responsible?

you may very well be right, KMD. there very well could be a god. by why have you chosen your specific god? perhaps you are right that the clouds and the organs and everything are too good to be a coincidence, but why should I thank your god for it and not the other gods that people think are responsible?

Here comes the religion and what you got teached when you were young. I'm not saying that everything they teach is right, but when you are young you nearly believe everything being told to you, then when you grow up and see the real world as it is, you can either go deep in the religion you were tought as a kid or start having your own believes then seeing which religion suits you the most.

I'm not saying that everything they teach is right

Assuming what they teach you is from the Koran, would that mean the Koran isn't 100% right?  If any part of it is wrong, it becomes difficult to defend it as being the word of god, doesn't it?

When you are young you nearly believe everything being told to you, then when you grow up and see the real world as it is, you can either go deep in the religion you were tought as a kid or start having your own believes then seeing which religion suits you the most.

You surprised me with this sentence.  You're choosing to dedicate yourself to your religion even though you admit you would have believed anything they told you when you were little?  You're aware that there might be other options out there that "suit you most", but you choose to ignore them?

You don't need to respond to any of these questions, it's just some things to think about.  It really seems like you have your own thoughts, but you're afraid to acknowledge them.

Assuming what they teach you is from the Koran, would that mean the Koran isn't 100% right?  If any part of it is wrong, it becomes difficult to defend it as being the word of god, doesn't it?

You surprised me with this sentence.  You're choosing to dedicate yourself to your religion even though you admit you would have believed anything they told you when you were little?  You're aware that there might be other options out there that "suit you most", but you choose to ignore them?

You don't need to respond to any of these questions, it's just some things to think about.  It really seems like you have your own thoughts, but you're afraid to acknowledge them.

I guess you slightly miss understood me. My point was, everything they teach you when you are a kid might not be correct always (not only religion wise, everything in general), and yes they teached me from Qura'an but when i was young, i like didn't understand what is was supposed to mean, now when i grew up, i fully know what it means and i do believe everything it says.

And yes, i dedicate my life to religion, and i take religion as a priority before doing anything, but i still have my own thoughts about life, i can think about things that i am really not sure about, yes it is written in religion but the human imagination sometimes takes you to places you never thought you would reach there, sure there are different religions and thoughts and i respect them all, i have been living with people with different religions but it didn't affect me whatsoever. I am not "afraid" to acknowledge my thoughts/opinions, if i believe in a thing i say it, but as i said above, i take religion as a priority, so if i have a thought, i take it back to religion mainly, if it is right i talk about it in confidence, if it is not, i have to change it to what is right.

The mistake you are making here jymotion is that to muslims there is really no "religion" the Quran is a part of life, it's their way of living. Their 5 pillar's is integrated into their life style which is vastly different from other cultures.

there is also the hadith...etc

In my opinion they may be a god there may not be a god but if someone choses to believe that there is why should we question it? If they want to believe, it doesnt matter if it is real or not, it doesnt hurt anyone (please dont do into detail about extremists) It gives people something to fall back on when all seems lost, shouldnt matter if it's real or not. There is a difference in believing and following a religion and forcing those beliefs upon others tho xD

I guess you slightly miss understood me.

Sorry about that.  And I apologize if I crossed any lines.  I know this is a sensitive subject for most people.

There is a difference in believing and following a religion and forcing those beliefs upon others tho xD

The difference doesn't make sense, though.  If you truly believe in the religion; truly believe that the holy book is the word of your god and that worshipping that god is the only way to avoid eternal damnation... why wouldn't you dedicate your life to trying to spread the word to others?  How can you be friends with someone if you believe they are living their lives in ways that go against what your god wants?

From my perspective, the people you call extremists appear to be the people that still actually believe every word of the religion.

My knowledge is pretty limited to christianity, but my holy book tells me to force my belief on others.  It tells me that if I know of a man who has slept with another man, I should throw stones at them until they die.  Luckily, every christian I know ignores that line, but some of them choose to interpret it as "don't let them get married".

The problem is that in my country, people don't realize they are forcing their beliefs on others.  They don't go up to people and tell them what to do, but when it comes time to vote on something (gay marriage being the best example), they vote according to their beliefs.  Those votes add up, and they end up forcing their beliefs on people in a scenario that doesn't involve them.

I don't have an issue with people that believe in a god.  I understand the good that it can bring.  I've had conversations with KMD outside of the forums and our differences in beliefs don't change anything.  It's just important to give other views a chance.  Someone who is aware of the many alternate beliefs and chooses to remain with his own will have a stronger faith than someone who covers his eyes and ears.

Sorry about that.  And I apologize if I crossed any lines.  I know this is a sensitive subject for most people.

The difference doesn't make sense, though.  If you truly believe in the religion; truly believe that the holy book is the word of your god and that worshipping that god is the only way to avoid eternal damnation... why wouldn't you dedicate your life to trying to spread the word to others?  How can you be friends with someone if you believe they are living their lives in ways that go against what your god wants?

From my perspective, the people you call extremists appear to be the people that still actually believe every word of the religion.

My knowledge is pretty limited to christianity, but my holy book tells me to force my belief on others.  It tells me that if I know of a man who has slept with another man, I should throw stones at them until they die.  Luckily, every christian I know ignores that line, but some of them choose to interpret it as "don't let them get married".

The problem is that in my country, people don't realize they are forcing their beliefs on others.  They don't go up to people and tell them what to do, but when it comes time to vote on something (gay marriage being the best example), they vote according to their beliefs.  Those votes add up, and they end up forcing their beliefs on people in a scenario that doesn't involve them.

I don't have an issue with people that believe in a god.  I understand the good that it can bring.  I've had conversations with KMD outside of the forums and our differences in beliefs don't change anything.  It's just important to give other views a chance.  Someone who is aware of the many alternate beliefs and chooses to remain with his own will have a stronger faith than someone who covers his eyes and ears.

It is not that of a sensitive subject to me, i just try to give the people the true picture of Islam, there are ALOT if not ALOOT of people who ruin the picture of islam everywhere, even in arab countries, i just try to make people have the true picture and not the spoiled one.

Living with a person with different believes is by no means a problem/difficulty, i always lived with christians and people of different races in Syria, it is not really about believes, as long as the person heart is clean, his religion by no means, is a reason to not live together. It is all about the personality and goodness of a person.

It is all about the personality and goodness of a person.

I agree, as I think most people would.  I just disagree that this is what religion was founded upon.

Archived