Strange view on homosexual marriage

Explosion-chan

I believe myself to be a fairly foundational Christian. That said, I see the issue of gay marriage differently than most. My philosophy is that, since we aren't supposed to judge others because we ourselves are flawed and because all sins end up being equal. (pleas don't take this statement of out context and flame on it) That means that I personally do not find gay marriage to actually be any of my business because it doesn't effect me for the most part. If there was a way in which it really affected me, I would likely disagree with it because it's not something I support, but since it doesn't, I'm all for it. Does anyone find this strange or do you agree?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think anything done by somebody that does not in any way affect anybody else should be their business and their business alone. Including sexual preferences so I agree with you there. For a (somewhat) fundamental religious person this is strange and doesn't fit the stereotype but those are only there to be disproven

*Out-of-context flame*

Well, it's nice to see a christian have a standpoint on this that doesn't involve an eternity of damnation and hellfire, +1 from 'us' for you. (though I may be generalising XD)

If more people could think more outwardly like this, that'd be faaaantastic.

And here's the million-dollar question, folks; why

It doesn't make sense for them to get married in churches anyways, many Christians seem to hate them.

Marriage isn't something that appeals to me, but I'd like to see everyone else having access to the same rights and privileges if that's what they want.

It doesn't make sense for them to get married in churches anyways, many Christians seem to hate them.

They can get married by the state.  Plenty of people do that.  I'm pretty sure you can just go down to a courthouse during regular business hours to get it done there.

Posted · Hidden by polar, January 10, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by polar, January 10, 2015 - No reason given

fuck christians anyways

Sigh. Do you really WANT to start a flame war?

Agree with pudding as long as it doesnt affect me idgaf, but seeing hairy ass grown men holding hands and making out does make me shudder ;-;

"A marriage is between a man and a women"... said the homophobic retards.

A marriage is between 2 people with a legal contract they love eachother.

Agree with pudding as long as it doesnt affect me idgaf, but seeing hairy ass grown men holding hands and making out does make me shudder ;-;

grow up lol

seriously like get over yourself

you're so manly and hetero you can't see a guy hold hands with a guy without being afraid or disgusted?

EDIT: also marriage is secular. as a religious leader, saying you won't marry lesbian and gay people whilst marrying atheists, people not of your faith, other generic sinners, is a bit weird.

Sigh. Do you really WANT to start a flame war?

His signature is made out of lenny faces. Wtf are you expecting from him??

sorry d0, still love you. no homo

noone has complained yet  ;)

Then i'll be the first. You are entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean it's fine to insult others religions and beliefs. Good day to you sir.

noone has complained yet  ;)

Nobody complained because they know the best way to stop a flame is to ignore and report as I did.

Posted · Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, January 11, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by A Delicious Cashew, January 11, 2015 - No reason given

we need a strange part:dicks sucked

pls volvo pls

I'm totally fine with them being married on paper.

But not on churches.

Agreed. 

And here's the million-dollar question, folks; why

Because the church is its own governing body. It is separate from whatever standards society sets. To that extent, it can have its own laws, one of them being marriage. It specifically states "Marriage is between a man and a woman". (Going to use a bible reference so please don't immediately gun down this statement because im using the bible within the church's context) The bible has the family of Mary, Joseph, and Jesus. This is considered the perfect family. A marriage between man and woman and a child who obeys both. The Catholic church is also based on tradition; we do a lot of things based on precedence. And in the past, the way it works is man and woman. 

I am all for it outside the church. I actually encourage it. 

If you wanna get married in the church, you have to follow church rules, same way that we dont like some laws of the US or other country, we still have to abide by them. 

Agreed. 

Because the church is its own governing body. It is separate from whatever standards society sets. To that extent, it can have its own laws, one of them being marriage. It specifically states "Marriage is between a man and a woman". (Going to use a bible reference so please don't immediately gun down this statement because im using the bible within the church's context) The bible has the family of Mary, Joseph, and Jesus. This is considered the perfect family. A marriage between man and woman and a child who obeys both. The Catholic church is also based on tradition; we do a lot of things based on precedence. And in the past, the way it works is man and woman. 

I am all for it outside the church. I actually encourage it. 

If you wanna get married in the church, you have to follow church rules, same way that we dont like some laws of the US or other country, we still have to abide by them. 

Jesus had two dads and he turned out alright

Churches having their own 'rules' are all well and good, but you're fundamentally mis-understanding the meaning and purpose of a 'law'. As in, something imposed by the ruling body that all under it must obey, and exceptions aren't made just because some book doesn't like it. Fans of Lord of the Rings aren't allowed to murder each other even if some of them dress up as Orcs.

I'm not a fan of Churches marrying gays either, frankly - If I'm getting involved with the ultimate romantic ceremony I'd rather the body administering said ceremony wasn't doing it at gunpoint. But I'm aware that some people exist in that awkward middle bracket on the Homosexual - Christian venn diagram and I'm sure they'd like the option, and the Church isn't of the jurisdiction to deny it even if their Big Chief Pointy Hat gets his knickers in a twist over it.

I don't care how it worked in the past because we're not in the past. If we were in the past wars would still be won by whoever had the pointiest sticks and best pointy-proof underpants, and America would still be sucking on the sole of my boot. You're welcome to hide under your glorious sheet of holy light, but it'll just make it all the more jarring when that sheet gets torn off and actual light scars your underdeveloped retinas.

Archived