Sharking, good or bad?

ThatOtherChigga #Mack

A gray area...thoughts?

I mean, I guess it's alright if someone offers you a really good deal, but just don't intentionally do it. And I'll be damned if someone with a 10+ bud backpack has never sharked.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you should not intentionally misrepreset / lie about items. Saying, "Will you trade your silly octopus hat for my laser gun." - which happened (a regular wep for a houwar). But it's a free market otherwise. Don't lie, misrepresent (try to pass of gifted buds for regular), or be a dick, and I think anything is fair game.

I find sharking to be fair if the user doesn't do it for a ridiculous amount (Bill's for Nuts n Bolts Bonk Boy being an example) but instead for just a small 1-2 ref profit, 2 keys at max.

It depends on the value of the sharker's item vs. the value of the victim's item. One scrap of a value is not really going to hurt anyone in the long run. And it also matters on whether the shark knows the value of his item and the value of the victims item. Maybe, if the shark was scamming someone off their unusual for some sort of weapon, or maybe another quality. Basically, what polar bear said, don't lie and misrepresent your item. Other than that, it's all fair game (but not all is exactly fair)

I think it's fine as long as it's the guy trading you that want's the item that will make you a profit. 

For example:
A guy trades you and offers a Strange festive Fish for your strange degreaser (happened to me)

I find sharking to be fair if the user doesn't do it for a ridiculous amount (Bill's for Nuts n Bolts Bonk Boy being an example) but instead for just a small 1-2 ref profit, 2 keys at max.

Er...I don't think it's really sharking if its a 2 key profit...

I've never really tried to shark someone

they just shark themselves

dat comment is brilliant

I've never really tried to shark someone

they just shark themselves

your 100% right in my case too

I just wait for great offers and then jump on them some times

25 keys for max.

16 keys for sunbeams rag.

17 keys for searing plasma brigade

4 keys in items for ts bills

Am I evil?

25 keys for max.

16 keys for sunbeams rag.

17 keys for searing plasma brigade

4 keys in items for ts bills

Am I evil?

yes

I had the chance to buy my phos KE for only $40, but ended up giving him a lot more.

I had the chance to buy my phos KE for only $40, but ended up giving him a lot more.

such a good citizen i would have given him 40 straight away

I got offered a salvaged #40 + a key in sweets for my strange Scottish. Took the offer and ran far,far away. Never felt any guilt, he wanted it.

I got offered a salvaged #40 + a key in sweets for my strange Scottish. Took the offer and ran far,far away. Never felt any guilt, he wanted it.

how do people get offered lucky stuff like that ;o

If some guy is willing to make a huge overpay for your items, it's fine. If you are trying to shark someone yourself, then you're bad and should feel bad.

my mate got 2 salvaged crate 50s for a random wep. some newb got 2 from a guy who was doing a mass robo crate unboxing and used like 50 pallets of crates

i am reporting any sharking thats worth reporting. so obviously i think its really bad

If some guy is willing to make a huge overpay for your items, it's fine. If you are trying to shark someone yourself, then you're bad and should feel bad.

Hear, hear

You should be banned for sharking.  If someone overpays by an obscene amount I will let them know.  People do appreciate it and that helps the image of traders a little.  In the end that's good for business also.

You can't really say it's bad for sharking, if you're weak to knowing your prices, don't trade.

Otherwise double check them, people shark on purpose.

I've accidentally sharked people and went along with it and other they've just accepted the trade right away.

7 keys in items for an Unusual Nuts and Bolts Backbiters billycock, he knew how much it was worth, but because I was offering so many hats/miscs, he accepted.

Learn your prices, simple as.

"sharking" is the only way to get god tier profit 

if someone overpays for your item & knows that they are it's not sharking

other than that feel free to do little trades for a long time 

yes

But he was the one who LISTED for those prices. on outposst and classifeids

Archived