Sharking, good or bad?

ThatOtherChigga #Mack

I got a Miami Nights Modest from a guy once for about 8 buds mixed. He was fully aware of the prices but a little new to trading. He asked to see my backpack so I linked him to this site and he took his pick from everything I had. He even added it all up the whole trade and was more than happy to take my stuff. Some people might call that sharking, but I gave him everything he wanted and again, he was fully aware of how prices worked. Some people just don't have 6 months to wait before they can get a high offer on a hat they don't particularly want.

That's not sharking. Especially since he was aware of the average market price and really wanted your hat (not careing about what others value your hat).

It would have been a shark if you sort of forced him to belive that your hat would be worth way more than what others sold it for or something like this

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah I see. It was mostly a pure offer too, which is why I didn't feel too iffy about it. I think it was 4.5 pure, a Max's head, a spectral bills (spectral was something like 16 keys then), and a shit load of my hats/misc. A friend on steam told me I sharked it because of what I paid so I was curious what others felt on the matter.

If you can't be bothered to look into what an item is worth I can't be bothered to inform you of its value. That's how I see it.

So sharking justified.  Really that's all your doing to make your self feel ok with it by saying this.  I suppose its someones own fault if they accidentally click on a phishing link their friend unknowingly sent them.  Also, the quickbuyer who supports the phisher by paying for the obviously stolen goods is not at fault either.  After all he didn't steal them him self.

I got a Miami Nights Modest from a guy once for about 8 buds mixed. He was fully aware of the prices but a little new to trading. He asked to see my backpack so I linked him to this site and he took his pick from everything I had. He even added it all up the whole trade and was more than happy to take my stuff. Some people might call that sharking, but I gave him everything he wanted and again, he was fully aware of how prices worked. Some people just don't have 6 months to wait before they can get a high offer on a hat they don't particularly want.

I accept this.  I have had items I didn't care to get full value out of and quicksold them.  All the stuff he got from you he could more easily sell for pure or actually have stuff he wanted.  I assume he selected very expensive things.  That is very different from sharking.  The term "sharking" implies an aggressive act such as waiting in servers until you see someone you can try to take advantage of or any activity that would put you in a position to contact a player who may not understand the value of what they just received.

I have more then 10 buds, I never sharked.

I never was dishonest, tried to trick someone, etc.

Now there might of been an idiot out there who didn't know prices at all and accepted my 1 key lowball, but if you don't ask, how would I know if you're stupid or not.

I have more then 10 buds, I never sharked.

I never was dishonest, tried to trick someone, etc.

Now there might of been an idiot out there who didn't know prices at all and accepted my 1 key lowball, but if you don't ask, how would I know if you're stupid or not.

Lowballing is normal abd sometimes and is very different from what I have described.

I think there are two kinds of sharking:

When you mislead them intentionally, or they are unaware of the value of their items.

If you mislead them, it's not okay. I think it's then almost tantamount with PayPal scamming people. However, if they are unaware of the value of their items, I have no problem with it. No sense letting rare items sit away in someone's backpack.

Archived