1.33 still the minimum for craft hats without scrap.tf?

Jymotion

Suggestions for Craft Hats and Bill's get an instant downvote by the people, anyway, also something interesting is that trade.tf (not sure if it counts yet or not) shows that indeed some craft hats go for less than 1.33 (yes it counts item transactions too). But now by scrap.tf decreasing to 1.22 and alot of buyers having success buying at 1.22 actually can say something and change the price of the crafties.

trade.tf will never ever count as proof. Neither will scrap.tf or TF2F

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe if they removed the one time fee of 0.33 more people would buy, like me for example. Bots used to sell fast and were sold out often at 1.33.

this wont change at all. i think they made this change to clear up the bots and will very soon go up to 1.33 again. there are so many people dont minding 1.33 as the craft hat price. its just because the robotcrates flooded shit hats into the market

The stock argument for 1.33 is this:

1. Craft hats by their nature have a purpose which is equivalent to all other craft hats.2

2. If a Wingstick is equally as craftable as some other craft hat, then the value should be the same.

3. It follows then that if most craft hats can be sold for 1.33, then all craft hats can be sold for 1.33.

This really only holds up for those who buy for the purposes of crafting.  

I argued against a suggestion, quite heavily, that craft hat could not drop below 1.33.  Not because of trade tradition but because of Scrap.tf.  Now that it has run out of metal and changed its policy, than ranges for these hats should be approved immediately. 

http://trade.tf/price/322/6

Look what happens to the hat when Scrap.tf runs out of metal.

The 1.33 rule predated scrap.tf.

My personal view: As always, it comes down to market activity. Are there still countless 1.22 'any craft hat' shotgunning quickbuyers? If so, the 1.33 minimum should stay. If the 1.22 quickbuyers are dropping away, then the market is indeed changing and backpack.tf should change to reflect that.

What scrap.tf does is really not a big concern. They buy Bill's at 7 keys to resell at 8. That doesn't mean we should make our Bill price 7-8 keys.

The biggest thing though- if the change does happen, it still needs to be proven on each and every 'craft hat', and done so responsibly.

I really hope they don't change....1.33 Ref is such a nice number....Plus, if scrap.tf doesn't change back then ill actually have to find buyers at 1.33 (yuck)

That's the thing, if one hat suddenly drops to 1.22-1.33 refined, then that's the one crafters will start to buy driving demand on it higher therefore making it reach 1.33 refined again. The actual thing that is going to change this is if crafters stop crafting hats to the extent they currently do.

1.33 has been the minimum it's because of bots, mainly scrap.tf, they have been very successful, even though there are quick buyers for 1.22, it's just for profit, not because they actually want the hat.

But it it's still possible to lower craft hats, because scrap.tf's prices always change, e.g. When promo items change value, scrap.tf automatically find a different price, some craft hats will eventually get to 1.22, but I reckon not until another 6 months.

1.33 has been the minimum it's because of bots, mainly scrap.tf, they have been very successful, even though there are quick buyers for 1.22, it's just for profit, not because they actually want the hat.

If you read my full post and some of the responses to it, you would see that this is not true.  The 1.33 minimum outdates most, if not all, hatbanking bots.

bots are now out of hats. so 1.22 should still be considered a quicksell. each bot can about 200 hats now

I personally see no reason for craft hats to be treated differently than any other item.

I'll tell you a reason: craft hats are used to craft. Similar to why weaps are half a scrap. If they are uncraftable, there would be no real use for them(besides looking bad and collecting) and would drop.

I'll tell you a reason: craft hats are used to craft. Similar to why weaps are half a scrap. If they are uncraftable, there would be no real use for them(besides looking bad and collecting) and would drop.

How does this lock them at 1.33 ref?  (or is this not your argument?)  All I see this doing is locking the maximum at 1.44.  If crafting were to become unpopular (too large a chance of getting a bad hat out of it), then craft hats can drop right back to 1 ref.

How does this lock them at 1.33 ref?  (or is this not your argument?)  All I see this doing is locking the maximum at 1.44.  If crafting were to become unpopular (too large a chance of getting a bad hat out of it), then craft hats can drop right back to 1 ref.

Well, if you could no longer craft weapons then 1 of 2 things would happen

#1, the price of them all will increase to 1 scrap (i.e. what they're sold for).

#2, the price would fall because they no longer HAVE to be .5 scrap, so people will start paying less and less to get certain weapons. 

So, as long as weapons have a purpose they have a relative min and a relative max price. So to with craft hats. 

So, as long as weapons have a purpose they have a relative min and a relative max price. So to with craft hats. 

Weapons don't have a max though.  New weapons have sold at 0.33 in the past and weapons like apoco fists and the maul will always cost more.  There is no real minimum for craft hats, only a maximum.

Scrap.tf's back at 1.33 again. I think it's a good amount to pay, and some people (like myself) are always willing to buy at 1.33

Occasional purchases at 1.22 for one scrap profit is pointless to me (cost/benefit utility is too low), and the average of the crafting game results in net losses, unless you craft right after an update.

That is why they are not treated like the rest of the items. Most items have a demand based only on looks. Craft hats don't, people want them just to craft and that's why people pay 1.33 for ANY craft hat. 

If you want an argument for locking craft hats at 1.33 then:

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/11484931

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/11445626

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/11485953

http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/66421

I'm sure there are more.

That is why they are not treated like the rest of the items. Most items have a demand based only on looks. Craft hats don't, people want them just to craft and that's why people pay 1.33 for ANY craft hat. 

I understand that.  The discussion was based on that 1.33 potentially becoming a 1.22.  Before scrap.tf started hatbanking, trades at 1.22 were much more common.  Common enough, in my opinion, to be a part of the range.

There is nothing actually locking that minimum at 1.33.

I understand that.  The discussion was based on that 1.33 potentially becoming a 1.22.  Before scrap.tf started hatbanking, trades at 1.22 were much more common.  Common enough, in my opinion, to be a part of the range.

There is nothing actually locking that minimum at 1.33.

Before scrap tf it was still "locked" at 1.33 because enough people payed 1.33. I used to buy for 1.22 before, and 1.11 before that. I know after scrap tf it got harder to buy at 1.22. I'd say we keep it at 1.33.

Before scrap tf it was still "locked" at 1.33 because enough people payed 1.33. I used to buy for 1.22 before, and 1.11 before that. I know after scrap tf it got harder to buy at 1.22. I'd say we keep it at 1.33.

Like Chief D said it was easy to buy for 1.11-1.22 refined and flip for 1.33 refined, but the main thing here is that people got lazy of providing counterproof for whenever people wanted to lower craft hat prices and gradually just simply started pointing to scrap.tf every time it was brought up.That lead to this idea starting to form in people's minds that craft hat values would always be a minimum of 1.33 refined that could be easily defended by scrap.tf. Once scrap.tf caused that brief instability, it through some into a panic because they had this idea that the guarantee was broken even though it was simply built upon their laziness to find other sources.

Before scrap tf it was still "locked" at 1.33 because enough people payed 1.33.

This was what I was trying to find out.  Thanks.

People payed 1.33 long before scrap.tf simply because it is cheaper to craft 2 hats at 1.33 than use 3 ref.

People payed 1.33 long before scrap.tf simply because it is cheaper to craft 2 hats at 1.33 than use 3 ref.

It's even cheaper to craft 2 hats at 1.22, so this doesn't do much to advance the point.

Archived