Homosexual Marriage?

DasOtto

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.

Straight people and homosexual people have equal rights.

Straight people have the ability to legally marry someone of the other gender.

Homosexual people legally have the ability to marry someone of the other gender.

And it just happens that straight people love the people they marry.

I SEE NO FLAWS IN MY ARGUMENT.

As a woman myself, I support gay rights. Damn if George Clooney were a girl, I would turn all lesbian for him/her!

All da beetches luv gorge clewnie.

Well.

Straight people and homosexual people have equal rights.

Straight people have the ability to legally marry someone of the other gender.

Homosexual people legally have the ability to marry someone of the other gender.

And it just happens that straight people love the people they marry.

I SEE NO FLAWS IN MY ARGUMENT.

u tripoin ballz m8?

I personally believe that all people should have the right to marry who they want, be them gay, lesbian, or straight. I have some arguments but no one has ever made a convincing argument against same sex marriage without bringing in their belief in God. Are there any atheists that do not support same sex marriage? If so, why?

It has nothing to do with what would sit well with the American people who just want to free-load off of everybody else.

It has to do with what is constitutional, if we are not going to follow it why don't we just burn the constitution?

Sad statement.  "Sit well".  You do realize its a representative government.  If something doesn't sit well with the people then that thing will be changed.  The constitution is there to define the governments power, not to limit the people's will.

In this country I don't think there should really be such a huge push for "Gay rights" when what they really mean is Gay marriage.

The government has no place in marriage to begin with, they should stay out of it weather you are gay or straight.

The government has always had a place in marriage as all marriages must be documented and recognized.  Also, they mean gay rights.  the government, as mandated by the people, has to act when called for.

congrats on finding a partner.  I'm glad you were able to get married.

From what I've gathered, there is no logical (or constitutional) reason for it to be illegal and most reasons are based on beliefs (which I personally do not follow).  I think and hope that we are less than a decade away from equal rights, though I may be optimistic.  I live in a state where it is still legal to fire a person just for being gay :/

Is that Jersey?

I am for gay rights and, by extension gay marriage.  To deny rights has never been excepted in this country over the course of time.  Gay marriage will ultimately happen and it will have no negative effect on the nation.  Altho, there are parts of the country where gay people will know they probably don't want to live or visit.

Is that Jersey?

Nope. I believe these are the states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana

Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

Well ... Why not?

Homosexual couples would be in relationships/are in relationships no matter whether or not they're married. All it does is give 'em a big party(Generally) and make them legally binded (Or however it's best phrased). Ultimately, I find it ridiculous that it can be even argued against - it takes nothing away from anyone, it only gives homosexual's more rights - which are in no way un-deserved.

Archived