Homosexual Marriage?

DasOtto

How does everyone feel about the advancement of LGBT rights, on a national level of your country, or on an international level?

I myself being a married gay man of 1 1/2 years am a proud supporter of the gay rights movement.

Discuss!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

congrats on finding a partner.  I'm glad you were able to get married.

From what I've gathered, there is no logical (or constitutional) reason for it to be illegal and most reasons are based on beliefs (which I personally do not follow).  I think and hope that we are less than a decade away from equal rights, though I may be optimistic.  I live in a state where it is still legal to fire a person just for being gay :/

Gays should be supported. Less babies and less overpopulation and resource drain.

I'll ask again.  How does allowing gay people to get married (or be given any other rights) cause fewer babies to be born?

I'll ask again.  How does allowing gay people to get married (or be given any other rights) cause fewer babies to be born?

My reasoning was that people in the middle at the moment would choose to go straight, and therefore if married would have a chance to have babies. If being gay was supported by the people, they would be encouraged to marry gaily and therefore have no chance of babies.

My reasoning was that people in the middle at the moment would choose to go straight, and therefore if married would have a chance to have babies. If being gay was supported by the people, they would be encouraged to marry gaily and therefore have no chance of babies.

I suppose that is true in some situations (not that I agree sexuality is a choice, but I get what you were saying), but I disagree it is enough to base legislation on.  Or, at least, I feel there are more pressing reasons to choose a side in the debate.

I'm all for the gay rights movement. It's none of people's business who you marry/sleep with.

I always have a laugh whenever one of those right wing ******** comment that being homosexual is a decision.

Bisexuality does not work that way.

I'm all for the gay rights movement. It's none of people's business who you marry/sleep with.

I always have a laugh whenever one of those right wing assholes comment that being homosexual is a decision.

It doesn't matter which side you are on, keep it civil. Consider this a verbal warning.

Bisexuality does not work that way.

I meant, people who only want to go one way or the other but are unsure.

@ jim well that is the only reason that it should be supported for me. You don't hate the environment, do you?

I meant, people who only want to go one way or the other but are unsure.

@ jim well that is the only reason that it should be supported for me. You don't hate the environment, do you?

People who are experiencing a sexual identity crisis are not going to receive an epiphany based on marriage alone. Even if you believe that sexuality is a choice, ~40 percent of married couples never opt to have children.

In this country I don't think there should really be such a huge push for "Gay rights" when what they really mean is Gay marriage.

The government has no place in marriage to begin with, they should stay out of it weather you are gay or straight.

I have been witness to multiple gay rights rallies here in Texas, as well as many more anti-gay protests. Half of the people I talk to at the anti-gay events have no fucking clue what "gay rights" those people are fighting for. They are just to fucking ignorant to even give them a chance to speak their mind. But I can say this though, bringing up that the story of heyzeus rising after 3 days is essentially the best selling zombie thriller gets people fired up.

I have multiple gay couples as friends. Best way to get a chick at a club when you are single take a gay guy. Best. Wingman. Evar. 

Lesbians (the ones I know) are awesome due to their love video games, and sports (the ones that matter - hockey, euro football, american football)

I have yet to find anyone with legitimate reasons as to why same sex couples cannot/shouldnt get married and have the same "rights" as a straight couple.

In this country I don't think there should really be such a huge push for "Gay rights" when what they really mean is Gay marriage.

As I mentioned above, it is still legal for an employee to be fired for being gay in my state and quite a few others.

Gay marriage actually can create more babies; it's called artificial insemination. It's the same thing that infertile couples that want to have a child do. I, however, chose to adopt because there will always be a child without a home and by having my own kid I am keeping another kid down. (or at least that's how I see it)

As I mentioned above, it is still legal for an employee to be fired for being gay in my state and quite a few others.

It's also illegal for employees to be fired for being Black, Mexican, a smoker, overweight, or many various other things in a lot of states.  This has nothing to do with gay rights but employee rights to not be terminated for any reason other than poor work performance (of course unions don't even like that).  Even though really a business owner should have the right to decide who they hire and fire based on whatever criteria they want America is not a free country so that is not the way it works.  All I ever hear mentioned is Gay marriage, tell me what other rights do gays not have that straights do?

It's also illegal for employees to be fired for being Black, Mexican, a smoker, overweight, or many various other things in a lot of states.  This has nothing to do with gay rights but employee rights to not be terminated for any reason other than poor work performance (of course unions don't even like that).  Even though really a business owner should have the right to decide who they hire and fire based on whatever criteria they want America is not a free country so that is not the way it works.  All I ever hear mentioned is Gay marriage, tell me what other rights do gays not have that straights do?

In some states adoption. Sodomy for homosexual couples used to be outlawed in some states, but that has been changed in the last decade. But marriage is a pretty big one, because it covers a huge array of areas; http://www.hrc.org/resources/entry/an-overview-of-federal-rights-and-protections-granted-to-married-couples has more information on details on that.

It's also illegal for employees to be fired for being Black, Mexican, a smoker, overweight, or many various other things in a lot of states.

I can't tell if you misread my post or made a typo.  I said it is legal to be terminated for being gay.  As you mentioned, it is illegal to discriminate for reasons of race, religion, or age.

In some states adoption. Sodomy for homosexual couples used to be outlawed in some states, but that has been changed in the last decade. But marriage is a pretty big one, because it covers a huge array of areas; http://www.hrc.org/resources/entry/an-overview-of-federal-rights-and-protections-granted-to-married-couples has more information on details on that.

That's the problem though.  The government shouldn't be getting involved in marriage at all and the includes tax breaks and all other what not.  Social security is a fucking scam, that shouldn't exist, companies should not be forced to get insurance for their employees and/or their families (it should be optional), again I will mention the tax thing because everybody should pay the same percent regardless of whether you are married or not (and regardless of what you earn, but that is a different topic), The adoption thing I guess is understandable though that is one of the few points where I can see where the people opposed to it are coming from (not that I oppose it, I just get the idea that children should have a mother and father but in today's age many only have one of the two anyway which is just a shame).

Archived