Script for tf2outpost.com

klenium

Damn, they removed all SteamIDs, so can't fix this, I'll remove the button too.

Wait i downloaded it off github and then got tampermonkey for chrome whwat do i do now

Install it...

• Administrators

Damn, they removed all SteamIDs, so can't fix this, I'll remove the button too.

Yup, to fight against the Phishers they had to do this sadly.

It seems that unusual taunts that are priced on backpack.tf are not showing(When price labels are enabled) on tf2outpost. Might want to look into it.

how?

I wrote an userscript for myself about a half year ago. I updated it in last month, and I can publish it now. A lot of other userscripts are outdated, don't support the v4 API, and this plugin works only in chrome (I'm using Firefox).

My script's features is at Github.

To use it, download and install...

Greasemonkey for Firefox

Tampermonkey for Chrome

Tampermonkey Beta for Opera

Then install the script from here.

Post here any bugs, or suggestions!

The hyperlink "here" on the second last line should prompt you to a page which allows you to install.

The hyperlink "here" on the second last line should prompt you to a page which allows you to install.

which one do i downoload? ive done tampermonkey for chrome and the github hyper link do i do the script?

• 2 weeks later...

New version relased. Changes:

Works on dotaputpost.com, because why no.

Removed bp.tf profile/backpack links (hope I'll be able to add them back).

Added bp.tf history links, so you can check if the item's duped or no.

Victory Time kills part now works well.

Support for unusual taunts.

Fixed when the price on the item's image appeared wrong.

White icon for new prices now works (hope Brad or Fiskie will fix the API soon :D).

And later it'll support dota2 prices.

I have tried the new script. The unusual taunts prices are showing but some unusual prices are not showing when they should now. For example,

sp9sp1s.png

The three unusuals that are not showing prices are actually priced on backpack.tf.

Please look into this and keep up the good work. =)

Fixed that and some other bugs. Added a new feature for the new trade page. I'm not sure it'll work well, so let me know any bugs.

• Like 3

Fixed that and some other bugs. Added a new feature for the new trade page. I'm not sure it'll work well, so let me know any bugs.

It is working fine now. Loved the new feature of adding prices to the text area. Makes creating new trades much easier. Thanks for your hard work once again.

• Like 1

It is working fine now. Loved the new feature of adding prices to the text area. Makes creating new trades much easier. Thanks for your hard work once again.

I absolutely love the new feature of prices showing up in the trade notes when they are added. You made me think I was going crazy for a second.

• 2 weeks later...

This script has suddenly stopped working for me.

I've cleared cookies, reinstalled the script, and restarted Firefox multiple times now, still no prices.

If I navigate directly to backpack.tf/api with my API key, I get prices in JSON as expected. They're just not showing up on outpost at all.

I figure it must be a case of a storage var not being cleared even on browser restart or something. Be nice if the script had some messaging for when it errors out to various things.

Decided to debug a bit.  Using console.logs and alerts to check where the script was failing, the script definitely connects with GM_xmlhttpRequest to the backpack.tf/api page, but the script never seems to recognize the response.

I don't understand why that would suddenly break (I didn't fiddle with the script until AFTER it stopped working, and reinstalled it fresh after narrowing down the problem).

Meanwhile, I have no prices, no "Prices" link to change any settings, no nothing.  It's as if the script isn't installed at all.  It works fine for me in Chrome, so I'm still pretty sure it has to do with a bad saved value in a cookie or session somewhere, but I've already uninstalled and restarted a dozen times now.

[Edit] After messing with it a bit, I can get it to ask for my backpack.tf API key again.  But as soon as I put it in, the "prices" link vanishes again and I get no prices or any indication that the script is working.  What I think this needs:

1) A way to keep that prices setting link there whether it connects successfully to the backpack.tf price list or not

2) A way to clear all values used by the script (a reset button, basically)

3) More error messages (for example, if the script can't get prices due to the 60 second limit, it should say that instead of showing nothing)

[sOLVED] - I updated Greasemonkey and that fixed it.  Apparently the older version(s) of Greasemonkey would disable GM_xmlhttpRequests in Firefox 32+ without displaying any errors.  Which is weird, cause this didn't break any of my other scripts, heh.  But whatever, glad it's working now.  Should have checked my version of GM earlier than I did.

Freaking love the new trade prices thing! I might be asking for too much, but how about a custom premade text like trade offer and signature every time you make a new trade? That might be interesting:) thanks for making this bw[emoji8]

"Fucking chad."

• 3 weeks later...

I've started working on my script again. I've added some new features. But I'd like to know what you think what I should add too:

- Dota2 support. Although I don't think it'd be difficult, I've looked at dota.bp.tf. It's almost dead, currently there aren't any recent suggestions, and they suggest SCM prices (which is useless since ther's already a list. I think dota.bp.tf isn't as good and useful as bp.tf. Do people use SCM for dota2 trading? Would people use my script to know dota.bp.tf's suggested prices?

- Support other sites, like Steam Inventories, SCM, Bazaar (they have support for it, but that's not the best), dota2lounge, and any other trading sites. It'd require to store the data at one place. Greasemonkey can't do it, so I'd use crossrider. It supports all browsers (I tried it in Opera, it worked). Which sites people use mostly?

I've started working on my script again. I've added some new features. But I'd like to know what you think what I should add too:- Dota2 support. Although I don't think it'd be difficult, I've looked at dota.bp.tf. It's almost dead, currently there aren't any recent suggestions, and they suggest SCM prices (which is useless since ther's already a list. I think dota.bp.tf isn't as good and useful as bp.tf. Do people use SCM for dota2 trading? Would people use my script to know dota.bp.tf's suggested prices?- Support other sites, like Steam Inventories, SCM, Bazaar (they have support for it, but that's not the best), dota2lounge, and any other trading sites. It'd require to store the data at one place. Greasemonkey can't do it, so I'd use crossrider. It supports all browsers (I tried it in Opera, it worked). Which sites people use mostly?

Prolly don't add support for dota 2 imo.