Is a greeting REALLY THIS necessary to trade?

The Spherical B0X Guardian

You lack manners, manners cost nothing. The other guy overreacted by not trading with you, but simply saying "Yes?" when someone adds you makes you look like an ass. Just sayin' try having some better greeting skills some time.

Still a better response than "why you add me for", "who is this". or hi my friend want add you, he good offer for your item. add him www.scemmypainis.com

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's certainly better than the "Why the fuck are you on my screen" that I put when someone interrupts a particularly intense moment in a game.

But yeah, no manners makes you come off as a prick. I always greet with "Hello, how can I help you?" Sometimes a nice greeting can just make someone's day, man.

you were still quite rude. It's better than saying "what do you want nigger" but that's like saying" well I KNOW I shot at 3 people but I did hit one in the leg so its better than hitting them in the stomach heu"

You should have removed and blocked that time waster the moment he said he wasn't buying your muffler because you didn't open with "hello".  The guy is mental.

You should have removed and blocked that time waster the moment he said he wasn't buying your muffler because you didn't open with "hello".  The guy is mental.

And why am I 'mental'? I don't like to encourage people with bad manners. I was completely ready to buy his muffler, so i'm not a time waster.

And why am I 'mental'? I don't like to encourage people with bad manners. I was completely ready to buy his muffler, so i'm not a time waster.

Whatever you say, man.  I'd rather not waste any more time discussing it with you. You're not worth it.

Worst thing ever when someone says they won't trade with you because ____.

I dislike random adds, especially for my unusuals as I usually get lowballed/attempted scammers >_> So I simply ask that people comment offers on my outpost so I can accept/reject it there rather than wasting my time on steam. 

A week ago on my blizzardy storm jumpers jeecap I get this: "Was gonna add with B/O pure, but your need to have a comment first put me off. Unreasonable reluctance to have friend requests just lost you your sale." and the guy blocked me so i couldn't respond to him with logic. Looked at his bp, it was small but had the pure, looked at his steam rep HE HAD 6 FRIENDS. I have nearly 200. I was like WTF. So that's the first time I reported an asshole comment on outpost and blocked a guy who wasn't phishing or scamming me >:(

Dun't know if I should do this but for funsies: http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/246843

This.

When I was doing more volume I would simply say "item need?". That was my greeting. Now I have change to "hi, u added me". In conversation I come off a lot more polite than you do tho. You do seem dickish. Might want to work on that.

That said, politeness isn't a standard for trading because not all adds are trade exchanges. Some will add to scam you, sone will add to try and buy something you didnt put up for sale. Both of these people are being rude just with their presence so no need to be polite at the onset. Also, I have had someone not trade with me because of something like that. Its a result of volume trading which only you perceive from your end, they do not.

I have added people after seeing their post on trade.tf live deals and many sound suspicious of you until you mention the item as if they forgot that they jyst posted it.

How do you know the way he intended the "Yes?" was not one that was polite? You only assumed it was rude, and that's the main problem. Assuming.

Either way the main purpose is to trade and simply have that experience, not a required greeting of any sort. Otherwise, that person is just being a strict idiot who thinks natural human laws are all applied to the internet. But meh, not everything is always followed.

No matter what, you should always reply with a proper greeting, like "hi" or "sup?" etc.

And yes it does apply to the internet, since you are talking to real people. Phishers don't matter, since they will always type first.

But this guy is just too much

Archived