Is a greeting REALLY THIS necessary to trade?

The Spherical B0X Guardian

I say "hi" to everyone unless it's someone I've dealt with before. Most traders are simply not worth the extra keystrokes.

So, to me, "hi" (no Shift even) is actually the rudest greeting possible :3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nobody can force you to greet people though. But if you miss a trade because of that then don't be surprised.

I wouldn't mind if I missed one. There's always some guy that manages to overpay me than give me pure.

That's just mean, if he doesn't want to trade with people that don't greet him then that's his choice, no need to call him bad names for that.

Also, just saying "yes?" does come over impatient in my opinion. I couldn't see why it would hurt to greet people ("hi" is shorter then "yes?"). Nobody can force you to greet people though. But if you miss a trade because of that then don't be surprised.

it wasn't mean

i followed his rules

i said "hey" and wished him a nice day

calling names was just a bonus 

The "well I was gonma buy your muffle but i'd rather not anymore" and "I've just bought a muffler who said hi" were really unnecessary, but I wouldn't mind talking to someone who requested that of fellow traders

Not that guy, though. Demands that you greet him and then refuses to use punctuation.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Hi, it's the guy you actually talked to (as Kaßk has already said, I'm actually his brother). Can't quite believe you've set up a forum post for this one conversation and not even going to go into the levels of brain damage '3v1 IcI0ne must have to have actually added the account purely to shoot idiotic comments and waste his own time. Also, I didn't demand that you say hi. I simply said that I don't trade with folk who don't give a certain level of common courtesy and manners. And Shawnee, please explain how punctuation = manners? I've already said I didn't demand anything.

I say "hi" to everyone unless it's someone I've dealt with before. Most traders are simply not worth the extra keystrokes.

So, to me, "hi" (no Shift even) is actually the rudest greeting possible :3

^This. I feel put off when I'm talking to someone and they respond with "hi" or "hello". It happens on Skype, even. I like to start off with at least a "Hey Man" or "Hey Brotha" as I can't take the mic spammers on unusual trade servers seriously. But some manners would be cool.

Can't quite believe you've set up a forum post for this one conversation and not even going to go into the levels of brain damage '3v1 IcI0ne must have to have actually added the account purely to shoot idiotic comments and waste his own time.

I'll be serious now in this one. Common courtesy can already be appreciated by everyone unless spoken with the wrong words. Yes,but come to think of it, you could've just simply go on through and I wouldn't have to waste his time either. While I do encourage myself to say 'hi' or 'hello', I actually do respond like that but the moment you said "well I was gonna buy your muffler but i'd rather not anymore" and "I've just bought a muffler who said hi" is simply a slap to the face, so I pretty much gave you a crotch to the PAINIS.

Not to be rude but I do follow one golden rule though: 'Do unto others what others do unto you' (even if it will be 2x more). Sorry, you just shouldn't have said that.

I'll be serious now in this one. Common courtesy can already be appreciated by everyone unless spoken with the wrong words. Yes, I respect your brother (even though he demands a request of such that nor do not wish him brain damage of what I did) but come to think of it, he could've just simply go on through and I wouldn't have to waste his time either. While I do encourage myself to say 'hi' or 'hello', I actually do respond like that but the moment he said "well I was gonma buy your muffler but i'd rather not anymore" and "I've just bought a muffler who said hi" is simply a slap to the face, so I pretty much gave him a crotch to the PAINIS.

Not to be rude but I do follow one golden rule though: 'Do unto others what others do unto you' (even if it will be 2x more). Sorry, he just shouldn't have said that.

I just explained it was me that was talking to you.

Yes, I respect your brother

You're talking to the same guy on this thread that you talked to on Steam.

I pretty much gave him a crotch to the PAINIS.

The fuck does that even mean? Actually, I don't want to know.

Hi, it's the guy you actually talked to (as Kaßk has already said, I'm actually his brother). Can't quite believe you've set up a forum post for this one conversation and not even going to go into the levels of brain damage '3v1 IcI0ne must have to have actually added the account purely to shoot idiotic comments and waste his own time. Also, I didn't demand that you say hi. I simply said that I don't trade with folk who don't give a certain level of common courtesy and manners. And Shawnee, please explain how punctuation = manners? I've already said I didn't demand anything.

always at your service 

edit: and kudos for almost getting my name right,3 is on the end but that's the closest anyone will get eh 

edit2: and that's my rule,i'll waste my time for anyone that got their time wasted on stupid things like this 

Now I edited that since all these posts keep coming in.(and it's 4:12 am in my time, I should be sleeping than trading)

Now I edited that since all these posts keep coming in.(and it's 4:12 am in my time, I should be sleeping than trading)

Sorry, your edits didn't make it any clearer :P

I always greet people who added me. People will want to trade you that way.

You wouldn't like it if someone says "what you want?" That's just rude.

It's easy to differentiate who is bot phisher and human trader, bot scammer always has status set to offline.

trollface.png

Seriously though I wouldn't want to trade with someone that sounds impatient either. And since you've set your sig to that pic, I think you've taken this a little to much to heart.

EDIT: BTW the guy that was talking to you was my brother

you really think thats believable? yeah of course it was your brother

"hi" takes less keystrokes than "yes?"

Seriously though, if you walked into a store and the clerk looks up and simply said "yes?", you wouldn't be too thrilled either.  Yeah I know it's online (and personally I wouldn't give much of shit myself), but I can at least relate to where the other guy is coming from.  

If I added you for a trade, and you responded with "Yes?" I would just add someone else, and remove you from my friendslist without so much as a word.
I don't buy things much, and when I do, i'd rather do so from someone that doesn't see my purchase as an interruption, and reward them with a sale.
But then again, I shop locally, and repeat business with actual retailers that provide me with consistently good service.

Unless you're selling a 1 of 1 on market item, don't act like completing a sale YOU listed is a chore.
They are doing you a favor.

Also, making a forum post about this, is so whiney, it's pathetic.

People expect different things out of the trading experience, when someone's expectations differ from yours move on, and don't cry about it, hoping to make yourself feel better about how you prefer to conduct trades.

If I added you for a trade, and you responded with "Yes?" I would just add someone else, and remove you from my friendslist without so much as a word.

I don't buy things much, and when I do, i'd rather do so from someone that doesn't see my purchase as an interruption, and reward them with a sale.

But then again, I shop locally, and repeat business with actual retailers that provide me with consistently good service.

Unless you're selling a 1 of 1 on market item, don't act like completing a sale YOU listed is a chore.

People expect different things out of the trading experience, when someone's expectations differ from yours move on, and don't cry about it, hoping to make yourself feel better about how you prefer to conduct trades.

^^^ This guy. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Still a better thing to do than send phishing link as response

I dont act childish, but honestly we all fall victim to the asshole syndrome from time to time when we begin to not tolerate bad things around us. Yeah, yeah I failed to sell muffler which could've given me key ooooooo...... well then Im sorry if it became a part of history in my experience, had to be too humanitarian to do so? K. Fine, it's honestly a waste of my time and I wouldn't bother dealing with it now that I got 2 mufflers on hand(might not be planning to sell one as part of my new demo set) and I wouldnt mind being an asshole too for posting it here. Guy deserved it, and Im happy that I accomplished being an asshole to the asshole the guy decided to. Simply a source of entertainment and somewhat troll response while I wait for my next buyer who really wants it.

GABEN PLS FIX TRADE SERVER TOO, WHY STEAM BROKE AGAIN

I wouldn't bother dealing with it now that I got 2 mufflers on hand(might not be planning to sell one as part of my new demo set) and I wouldnt mind being an asshole too for posting it here.
Unrelated

Im happy that I accomplished being an asshole to the asshole the guy decided to.
What??

Simply a source of entertainment and somewhat troll response while I wait for my next buyer who really wants it.
And here I thought we were talking about manners.

You lack manners, manners cost nothing. The other guy overreacted by not trading with you, but simply saying "Yes?" when someone adds you makes you look like an ass. Just sayin' try having some better greeting skills some time.

Archived