What it takes to be a "successful" trader

Trianon

Damn, so many smartasses here. So, for example, some American guy asks you something. You listen to him and say "By the way, do you know that all Americans are fat bastards? I hate them. Never leave your hamburger near Americans, they will eat it".

Totally ok, yeah? I've asked for help and got some rude comments instead.

I can tell you how I'd react being the american in that exchange.  I'd laugh in their face and since I'm hungry right now, I'd ask if they want to go have a burger with me.  Hell, I'd be getting one now if there were any decent burger joints around here, but instead I'm about to go eat some mexican food.  There's this place nearby that makes pretty decent tortilla soup.

He has a point, you all took what was becoming a legitimate thread about sharking/scamming and the TF2 economy and turned it into a thread of generalisations, profiling, and some pretty nasty comments.

It's because he made such a big deal about it, so the thread devolved into people trying to explain how things are to him, but he refuses to accept it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

The title of this thread has nothing to do with this. I'd suggest you to report it to TF2Outpost or SteamRep.

Steamrep doesn't deal with sharking anymore.

Also, I don't believe that this isn't sharking/scamming or anything else. Just a deal went wrong.

Refer to this:

It's not scamming. And as far as the information goes, it's not even sharking. Just a bad deal for your friend. Move on, life sucks.

That wouldn't be sharking either. I could offer you this very nice cookie for your house. You wouldn't take it, because you don't appear to be an idiot. If you do take it, it's not sharking unless I manipulate you into believing that selling your house for a cookie is a great idea. 

(using a metaphor for simplicity)

He has a point, you all took what was becoming a legitimate thread about sharking/scamming and the TF2 economy and turned it into a thread of generalisations, profiling, and some pretty nasty comments.

Um...there are Russians who will confirm this sentiment. It is not all Russians but, in truth, a large amount of phishers, sharks/scammers are Russian. They are also known to be the ones who had ref farms.

"large amount of"

"also known to"

itt: more generalisations

It's a well known fact that there are credit card fraud rings all over the world, and the largest concentration of them are in Russia. I know of two Russian websites which I will not list here that freely and without impunity sell and trade stolen numbers. There's a small amount of Russians who have realized that laundering money thru Valve and its tf2 keys, and also thru hijacked accounts is a great way to get real money, without getting caught.

So if you have the source of a majority of the worlds credit card fraud coming out of Russia, where do you think most of that scamming and trading community that revolves around these credit card fraud rings are coming from?

"large amount of"

"also known to"

itt: more generalisations

We asserted a widely held belief, which requires no proof just expierience and hear say.  There is also evidence of these claims but no one cares to show it to you.  Go find it on your own.

Here are some other threads.

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/7011-why-is-the-majority-of-phishers-russian/

http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/3280-why-are-most-scammers-russian/?p=34502

wow 2 threads, all russians must be child rapists too. hl4 confirmed

Btw where are some russian forums where they speak English?

This thread certainly de-railed, didn't it?

In my opinion, both sides are wrong. You can't generalize an entire nation from the actions of a few assholes, it isn't right to do it, but even if someone does do it, don't get your titties in a twist about it, because people are always going to say stupid shit over the internet because this is the only place they can in anonymity and without consequence.

Now, let's get back on topic, shall we?

OT: The guy isn't a scammer or a sharker. Scamming would be if the guy wanted to buy the unusual for Paypal money, your buddy traded him the unusual first, but he didn't pay your friend his money and just ran off with the unusual. Sharking would be if the guy mislead your friend and told him that his unusual was worth the items that he was trading him. From what you've said, neither of those things happened. Your friend agreed with what was offered and traded him accordingly. That guy is just an asshole, is all.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow,this thing is actually very funny,so let's sort some things up.

First of all i was playing on Degree Gaming German Server on April 14,I was with my scout(Explaining With Details.)as i can see you posted that i "sharked" items for the Fast Learner,so let's get some things clear,he traded me asking for scout items with his terrible English that almost i couldn't understand,i was asking all the time what do you need(waiting like 5 minutes for him)he said suits i added all my suits he said the first one,which was the Fast Learner,i told him the backpack.tf price(actually first asked him if he is paying pure)and he added 2x TODS,S.Disciplinary as you can see on the photo,and please explain me why if someone is offering such a "good" deal i should decline it?.It's not my fault i was going by every trading rules even asked him are you paying pure by the bp.tf as i said in my sentence.

About the unusual(Such Drama for it),that dude also asked me if i have other things for Demoman,Scout,Pyro and Soldier,in that moment i was buying keys and i told him "i will add you so we can talk about it,i need to do a trade"he accepted and traded me 5 minutes after that,i was still waiting for him like 10 minutes to chose what he wants,i started adding what i have for the class,i told him what would be your offer,he added the unusual and strange hats and miscs that he had for demoman(i remember everything in details)i asked him "What would you like for the Hotrod?"he started choosing from the items i have added to the trade for the classes that he liked,first of all i thought that this unusual is duped or something is wrong so he wants to get rid of it,i was asking like couple of times "so you are offering me this?",he even told me to remove the things that he doesn't like,even if they were worth more than one key,and he immediately selected "Ready" and was typing ( :D) in the chat.And please tell me for god sake why should i refuse him?

And after the trade i still kept him in my friends list,in case if he reminds and stuff like that,then his friend added me and started threating me and saying that he has some friends that will ban me if i don't give his unusual back,which is not my mistake(even far from that in many ways),I'm not 13 years old and i'm not falling on his threats that i will get banned or added by some "serious" guys.And my answer is:That is very pathetic and stupid,because with threats and giving "orders" you won't do nothing but "faggot bullshit".Thanks

And about the guy who said that added me and that i said "Please don't report me" that is the worst manipulation that i have ever seen in my life.
And i'm not Russian,i actually like Russians from one side because they are coming up with new brilliant ideas every time :)
And Please stop annoying me and posting on my rep sites,i explained everything and i ain't talking anymore about this.(Directed to Trianon)

Thanks in advance.

TL:DR - You bigotted fucks need to settle down.

But that's the beat part of the internet.

I realise that this isn't an original post but it's justified. Here's something from Wikipedia.

Off_the_Rails_%281%29.jpg

I realise that this isn't an original post but it's justified. Here's something from Wikipedia.

-snip-

Train on the grass.....

I don't get it. 

-snip-

i dun understand

Archived