North Korea

Pyrocide

Thoughts?

Personally, I say we make an all out offensive strike NON NUCLEAR*, cripple any known nuclear caches and their navy before they can successfully (lulz) launch something nuclear powered into Seoul and Tokyo destroying a large potion of the world's economy. But that is just one persons opinion. 

I also would like to know what those not in the US think.

Interesting link displaying NKorea arms

China is getting fed up

North Korea would probably never dare to actually launch a nuclear missile. In my opinion Kim Jung Un wants to justify his dictatorship, that's why he's demonstrating his "power".

Your opinion is...let's say interesting. North Korea is a sovereign state and no one has the right to interfere with its business unless it a) seriously endangers other countries or b ) cannot guarantee its people's safety (human rights violation).

Personally, I say we make an all out offensive strike NON NUCLEAR*, cripple any known nuclear caches and their navy before they can successfully (lulz) launch something nuclear powered into Seoul and Tokyo destroying a large potion of the world's economy. But that is just one persons opinion. 

Why is the US getting involved?  I'm sure Japan and South Korea can defend themselves from North Korea.  I really don't think we need to spend more on foreign wars at the moment.

It sucks that people are going to die due to one man's ego, though.

Why is the US getting involved?  I'm sure Japan and South Korea can defend themselves from North Korea.  I really don't think we need to spend more on foreign wars at the moment.

We are involved as KJU threatened the US and seems bent on following through. If he had only threatened SKorea  or Japan or some other nation it would be slgithly different, but threaten the US and our go to response is "Alright, we can do this, you sure?"

Your opinion is...let's say interesting. North Korea is a sovereign state and no one has the right to interfere with its business unless it a) seriously endangers other countries or b ) cannot guarantee its people's safety (human rights violation).

A White House in crosshairs doesn't say endangering other countries? Moving short range missiles to the coasts nearest Japan and SKorea, threats upon threats from KJU and advisors/generals.

It was funny at first, the idle threats made my mornings interesting, but actually moving launchers and starting to bunker down by cutting off communications and powering up nuclear plants nullifying the treaty etc. Nah, enough is enough.

We are involved as KJU threatened the US and seems bent on following through. If he had only threatened SKorea  or Japan or some other nation it would be slgithly different, but threaten the US and our go to response is "Alright, we can do this, you sure?"

They've threatened us many times before.  If they did have any chance of getting a missile across the ocean, then I would prepare our defense system.  I would not engage in a pre-emptive strike because of some hollow threats.

To seriously endanger someone means making a general mobilization. No one can win a war without mobilizing one's troops. 

As I said, it's very probable that Kim Jong Un's behavior originates from inner power struggles.

They've threatened us many times before.  If they did have any chance of getting a missile across the ocean, then I would prepare our defense system.  I would not engage in a pre-emptive strike because of some hollow threats.

You would rather wait for them to do something such as nuking Seoul before engaging them in combat?

To seriously endanger someone means making a general mobilization. No one can win a war without mobilizing one's troops. 

As I said, it's very probable that Kim Jong Un's behavior originates from inner power struggles.

I do believe that Un is trying to live up to daddy's power and expectations, however, KJU is taking it a bit too far now, IMO. 

You would rather wait for them to do something such as nuking Seoul before engaging them in combat?

Seoul is not in the United States.

Seoul is not in the United States.

True, however, DC isn't reachable from their missiles, or so analysts think. Seoul is the closest thing for them to take out whilst we start moving.

Seoul is also one the largest economies in the world. Taking it out would hurt the world, from what I remember the US is still part of the world. Just hated by 1/3 of it. lol

EDIT: Seoul is also an ally not just a money maker. :P

I do believe that Un is trying to live up to daddy's power and expectations, however, KJU is taking it a bit too far now, IMO. 

True, that's why the US foreign minister Kerry is going to China to negotiate. I don't think that North Korea will ever be a real threat.

They're a wannabe Russia, trying to create a Cold War even though they a not really a threat compared to Russia at the time.

North Korea would probably never dare to actually launch a nuclear missile. In my opinion Kim Jung Un wants to justify his dictatorship, that's why he's demonstrating his "power".

S Korea, Japan is sovereign also.  If they launch the damage is done.  Prevention is the most desired outcome.  Historically they have made threats in order to get money/stuff/food.  It is thought that is what is happening again.  Its business is our business, not that we want it to be tho.

Its not about defending themselves (Japan constitutionally has no offensive military tho), its about not getting nuked and not paying his extortion.  Also whatever effects these economies dramatically effects ours.

I don't like engaging in war,  but at this level of global integration, certain behavior should be discouraged.  Also, we stand to be hurt the most by global economic disruptions.

Here's a gamble for you, tell him to go ahead and launch whenever he's ready.  If he does we turn the country into glass, until then we don't care.  Is that the better approach?  Same gamble for Iran I suppose.

Here a gamble for you, tell him to go ahead and launch whenever he's ready.  If he does we turn the country into glass, until then we don't care.  Is that the better approach.  Same gamble for Iran

true that

If they fire a missile, the US will probably blow it up before it even reaches North America. I got told that if it's blown up near North Korea, then the "radiation" (I tihnk) will reach Russia and China.

If they fire a missile, the US will probably blow it up before it even reaches North America. I got told that if it's blown up near North Korea, then the "radiation" (I tihnk) will reach Russia and China.

Not one moderator cared for South Korea

Not one moderator cared for South Korea

SK has no power to stop NK from firing a missile, Russia and China do. That was my point.

Japan can always send their Samurai and ninjas...

Seriously, I always thought that Japan has a strong army, stronger (and probably more advanced) than NK.

N. Korea will fizzle out in time like East Germany did. China & Russia will not get involved with this silly country.

I heard China plans on using NK's nuclear power.

N. Korea will fizzle out in time like East Germany did. China & Russia will not get involved with this silly country.

I heard China plans on using NK's nuclear power.

Yes China are essentially NK allies, they have a ton of trading rings and have invested heavily in each other, In fact China refused to appear at the meeting couple days back about NK.

Archived