What could Valve do that could help the TF2 economy?

A Cyan Stone in Mustard

The trouble with metal sinks is that they just make it more appealing to idle since it increases the value of metal without tapering off the supply.  It's self-defeating in the long term.  Look how quickly the chemistry sets lost their effectiveness.  No, better to just make metal harder to craft in the first place.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look how quickly the chemistry sets lost their effectiveness.  No, better to just make metal harder to craft in the first place.

They lost their effectiveness because they made it rare, the ingredient varied so much (am i really going to craft a few taunts...etc for one item)

collectors was a great idea except them making it so rare and essentially just a red outline basically did nothing. They should have made collectors have a different a coloured tint or something so people would actually want it

They lost their effectiveness because they made it rare, the ingredient varied so much (am i really going to craft a few taunts...etc for one item)

collectors was a great idea except them making it so rare and essentially just a red outline basically did nothing. They should have made collectors have a different a coloured tint or something so people would actually want it

I find it ironic how even collectors dont want collector's items anymore.

Perhaps adding some new, cheap recipes? Like the ability to combine a MvM part with a nominal amount metal for a random part of the same quality? Or a reformulate Chemistry Set recipe for the older stuff to put some of those sets asking for a S. Kritzkrieg to better use than backpack filler.

I was thinking of a reformulation recipe for Killstreak Kits that allows you to change their Sheens, Killstreakers, or even Weapon targets. That would certainly allow more people to get the exact kits that they want.

I was thinking of a reformulation recipe for Killstreak Kits that allows you to change their Sheens, Killstreakers, or even Weapon targets. That would certainly allow more people to get the exact kits that they want.

It better cost a LOT as thats what fucked up the dota market 

Collector items and Series 3 Chemistry Sets didn't even dent the flow of weapons coming into the game. 

Probably a horrible idea but I'll say it anyways:

1. Make crates drop instead of weapons, and weapons can be crafted from 3 crates. 3 weapons would make a scrap instead of 2. This would DRASTICALLY slow the flow of refined coming into the game.

2. Make people want to craft again. Crafting hats using 3 refined instead of 4, making new series of Chemistry sets on a regular basis (in the Series 3 format, not in the god-awful Series 1 format where you needed a Sunbeams Team Captain, 3 Strange Kritzkriegs and 7 Strange Gunslingers to make a Strange Foppish Physician) introducing achievement-only items into the crafting pool? There's tons of things Valve could do here.

I don't believe Valve really cares about the economy IN TERMS of item prices we use such as backpack.tf. Valve releases the stuff but they don't price the things we trade, we the players do actually and not them. Although I'm sure they are watching us(BEWARE OF GABEN) it's mainly how much we keep gaining from trading that they seem to be always watching for.

2. Make people want to craft again. Crafting hats using 3 refined instead of 4, making new series of Chemistry sets on a regular basis (in the Series 3 format, not in the god-awful Series 1 format where you needed a Sunbeams Team Captain, 3 Strange Kritzkriegs and 7 Strange Gunslingers to make a Strange Foppish Physician) introducing achievement-only items into the crafting pool? There's tons of things Valve could do here.

I read this at 1 am, and woke my brother up thinking i was having a heart attack

I was really laughing insanely hard at this post  :lol:

Bring in an autochanger for chem sets!

I am tired of having to put in a god damn HOUWAR for a Speks Strangifier!

P.S Until it's implemented, delete the useless sets that require anything 1 key or above

P.P.S Do eet.

P.P.P.S It will save us all backpack space and useless SCM page surfing

I actually like this. It would make fabs have a solid price even for trading. Each fab will allow you to choose sheen and effect when you complete the craft. Also, by inspecting the weapon in inventory you should be able to change the sheen and effect by adding some ref.

• Administrators

What do you think Valve should do to help the economy? (inb4 give alex his items back)

Re-do the Trade offer system all over again. Its full of glitch/bugs/rabbit holes and whatnot. They need to actually work on this since everyone seems to be using it now and recently many have been encountering a new problem where you decline the trade offer but it goes through anyways.

recently many have been encountering a new problem where you decline the trade offer but it goes through anyways.

Source?

Re-do the Trade offer system all over again. Its full of glitch/bugs/rabbit holes and whatnot. They need to actually work on this since everyone seems to be using it now and recently many have been encountering a new problem where you decline the trade offer but it goes through anyways.

There was also that glitch a while back where a hacker could force you to accept a trade offer...

I wouldnt be surprised if something like that comes up again seeing as more and more hackers are focusing on steam games because 

1) people are stupid, what better way to make money than to steal hundreds worth of stuff from teens

2) steam takes forever to fix glitches/bugs...etc unless it's a major exploit which can make them actually lose some money

3) no paper trail, hack, take items, trade it off, sell for money and valve doesnt acknowledge paypal transactions.

• Administrators

Add more buds into the game, have it at the Mann co store for $40 for a limited time

Already have enough buds in the game, it will only lower down the value more rather than help. More harm than good at the moment if that is done.

Add more buds into the game, have it at the Mann co store for $40 for a limited time

How to crash the economy 101

they already add buds to the economy by duping them. it's okay for them to print money because "nobody cares about duped buds"

I don't get why people are so freaked out about dupes

Gift Wrap is supposed to make item cost like 3 refs more but it lowers their value, I'm like WTF

The fact that gifted = dupe is BS

I don't get why people are so freaked out about dupes

Gift Wrap is supposed to make item cost like 3 refs more but it lowers their value, I'm like WTF

The fact that gifted = dupe is BS

Gifted should either reduce the value or not change it at all; it certainly shouldn't raise it. 

And duped only matters on 5+ bud unusuals, and even then it doesn't really matter until you get into god tier 10+ range. 

Also, clean > duped >> gifted

Archived