Quick guide for equipping conflicting items

cranwell96

Hope they fix this, however some items should become misc obviously because they don't clip or barely clip anyway, compared to brainiac for example.

Like the braniac hairpiece and the paper hat

Good tutorial. But, if one were to be, say, a Mac user, what would the Terminal command be? 

Thanks in advance.

ifconfig is the ipconfig of the Max/Unix community.

Basically, this deletes your ip address, and then requests a new one. 

ifconfig is the ipconfig of the Max/Unix community.

Basically, this deletes your ip address, and then requests a new one.

Wouldn't that affect services that require an IP Address for identification purposes?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Confirmed working as of today.

uPRQnaV.jpg

This is me with all 3 of my unusual Company Man hats on at the same time.  The effects are Green Energy, Kill-a-Watt, and Nuts & Bolts.

Valve should really patch the damn game to allow this so that you can equip multiples of the same hat or misc.  The reason they should allow it is that it doesn't cause any clipping.  It would probably also provide a boost in demand for unusuals.

Valve should really patch the damn game to allow this so that you can equip multiples of the same hat or misc.  The reason they should allow it is that it doesn't cause any clipping.  It would probably also provide a boost in demand for unusuals.

It used to be possible, then Valve patched it so it no longer was. 

It used to be possible, then Valve patched it so it no longer was. 

To my recollection, it only worked for specific miscs like the bonk boy or the blighted beak.  But then Valve started making major updates to how the equip regions worked and somewhere along the way, the ability to do it with those specific miscs was lost.  It may not even have been intentional on their part.

To my recollection, it only worked for specific miscs like the bonk boy or the blighted beak.  But then Valve started making major updates to how the equip regions worked and somewhere along the way, the ability to do it with those specific miscs was lost.  It may not even have been intentional on their part.

It was done through the loadout quicksswitch and it worked with everything -- and it was changed at the end of December 2013. 

It was done through the loadout quicksswitch and it worked with everything -- and it was changed at the end of December 2013. 

I wasn't referring to that old exploit.  I was referring to the miscs that you used to be able to equip multiples of without the use of an exploit, and I thought that's what you were referring to as well.  I don't understand why you'd bring up an old exploit in response to me saying valve should officially allow something.

w/e

I wasn't referring to that old exploit.  I was referring to the miscs that you used to be able to equip multiples of without the use of an exploit, and I thought that's what you were referring to as well.  I don't understand why you'd bring up an old exploit in response to me saying valve should officially allow something.

w/e

Because it was an exploit that was around for years that Valve knew about for years, and was even acknowledged by several Valve employees until they eventually removed it at the end of 2013. 

Because it was an exploit that was around for years that Valve knew about for years, and was even acknowledged by several Valve employees until they eventually removed it at the end of 2013. 

Okay well I really don't see how it's relevant at all.  That was an exploit that let you equip anything with anything and it's not at all what I was saying valve should allow.  That exploit let people create hideous conflicting loadouts with godawful clipping and valve obviously wanted to prevent that, whereas what I was suggesting would lead to zero clipping.  So yeah, again, not relevant.

Archived