Quick guide for equipping conflicting items

cranwell96

1. Stand in the map's spawn area.

2. Remove all your current cosmetics

MBxZEBJ.png

3. Type "ipconfig/release" into command prompt

fruKIFX.png

4. Equip your hats (they won't appear in the loadout once selected) (try to be fast because you'll be disconnected from the server if you take too long)

5. Exit the loadout screen and type "ipconfig/renew" into command prompt.

40gMhQS.png

6. In a few moments, your new loadout should take effect. Wear your conflicting combo until you die or visit a resupply locker.

pLh9RxB.jpg

The video that I stole this from: 

If you have questions, Iet me know.

You forgot to censor your name in a part of the screenshot, second command prompt window.

remove it naow mod/cranwell

Why would you even?..

There's a few select items that can become (nearly) permanently equipped when you do this.

http://i.imgur.com/dhijsgQ.jpg

The only ones that are relevant to unusual trading are the whirly warrior with other hats, the mask of the shaman with other hats, and the virtual viewfinder with a beak/hazmatten.

So, you have 20 seconds (the time the "connection lost" gives you before automatically disconnecting.) to do this before getting disconnected?

10/10 because you used a Modest Pile of Hat in the example.

What does "ipconfig/release" do?

So, you have 20 seconds (the time the "connection lost" gives you before automatically disconnecting.) to do this before getting disconnected?

10/10 because you used a Modest Pile of Hat in the example.

What does "ipconfig/release" do?

It disconnects your internet.

Probably, I was just following the video.

I'm the one to be interested in these kinds of things but I'm too lazy to investigate. >.<

Thanks anyways.

Good tutorial. But, if one were to be, say, a Mac user, what would the Terminal command be? 

Thanks in advance.

Halloween Restricted items don't seem to unglitch themselves when glitched together. Went on a halloween mode server and I equipped the paper mask, the seal mask, and a gibus together. They remained glitched after dying and touching a resupply locker.

Halloween Restricted items don't seem to unglitch themselves when glitched together. Went on a halloween mode server and I equipped the paper mask, the seal mask, and a gibus together. They remained glitched after dying and touching a resupply locker.

Yeah, paper masks are in that equip region that doesn't separate from the gibus. (whole head)

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Equip_region

But it still conflicts with the seal mask.

Alright, I don't know much about that. I've just been testing the whole head stuff with hats.

Alright, I don't know much about that. I've just been testing the whole head stuff with hats.

I'm not sure about other halloween items but it looks like they don't unglitch themselves.

Hope they fix this, however some items should become misc obviously because they don't clip or barely clip anyway, compared to brainiac for example.

Hope they fix this, however some items should become misc obviously because they don't clip or barely clip anyway, compared to brainiac for example.

Like the pyromancers. 

And now that i've sold my burning one, its a very likely possibility. 

You mean making the whole head region items be removed when equipped with other hats, or removing the glitch entirely.

You mean making the whole head region items be removed when equipped with other hats, or removing the glitch entirely.

Meaning you can't equip hats that go in same region as other hats.

Shaman mask with hat is fine.

Basically anything that looks ugly equipped together and does't look intended.

Guess same applies to stuff like equipping 2x bonk boy.

Stuff that looks fine as misc to me atm.

Executioner its a mask like luchadore which already a misc

Shaman mask go's well with any demoman hat pretty much

Pencil pusher it clips less then brainiac

Pyromancer

Yellow belt

Rack Go's well with any soldier hats 

Viewfinder

soldier stash only looks good with few soldier hats, and its discontineud.

And probably forgot a few more.

Would like to see valve rather add more possible misc as unusual unbox.

Like mutton chops and pipe.

menpo

Bearded Bombardier

Me i really want cloud 9 mutton chops and pipe and they would be very themed to, just read the comic.

If they ever did add hat adjustment slider like you can adjust the unusual effect height or tweaks, their probably be even more possibilities for certain hats to become a misc.

Anyway i would just suggest to go ingame go console type bug.

And drop down menu feature suggestion and just suggest whatever you think is good as misc as misc, i'm sure valve will do it.

They did it to the view the stash and yellow belt already, their still plenty options.

You can also send feedback here.

http://www.valvesoftware.com/email.php?recipient=TF+Team

Archived