Aria Heavy-Hand

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use any of these? (read before voting plz)

• Sticky Wrench
    • Metallic Medigun
    • Manncannon
    • Flash Bomb
    • No these all suck and you should feel bad

Tbh i don't think people know how slow 50% of regular healing rate is. It might be OP for just like heavy shooting randomly at a corner forever, but in an actual fight i think it's not as useful as others. Stock/kritz>metallic 

I think, the more I think about it, that it's more for a Medic on defense rather than offense. Like I said, I like weapons that play differently: you could, rather than be offensive, be defensive, and do your best to heal fellow Engineers, Heavies, and Pybros that are sticking around base/the capture point. This way you swap roles entirely as Medic, while still doing your job in general. It would be good on a Brass Beast Heavy, or for getting up faster Sentries, wouldn't it? What you lose in versatility, you make up for in your ability to assist in defense. 

Why even bother coming up with new weapon ideas? Valve won't add em anyway.

And btw, I don't like any if the ideas, they just seem to ruin the a bit.

By the way, "they just seem to ruin the a bit." I try not to be rude in general, but... what is "the?" Ruin the what?

I think, the more I think about it, that it's more for a Medic on defense rather than offense. Like I said, I like weapons that play differently: you could, rather than be offensive, be defensive, and do your best to heal fellow Engineers, Heavies, and Pybros that are sticking around base/the capture point. This way you swap roles entirely as Medic, while still doing your job in general. It would be good on a Brass Beast Heavy, or for getting up faster Sentries, wouldn't it? What you lose in versatility, you make up for in your ability to assist in defense.

By the way, "they just seem to ruin the a bit." I try not to be rude in general, but... what is "the?" Ruin the what?

Wauw my grammar went terribly wrong. I mean they would ruin the game a bit. Engineers that can't really damege, medics thats like a ressuply cabinet etc.

Also Manncanon + Mettallic medic = Other team is fawked...

Wauw my grammar went terribly wrong. I mean they would ruin the game a bit. Engineers that can't really damege, medics thats like a ressuply cabinet etc.

Also Manncanon + Mettallic medic = Other team is fawked...

I figured that the Metallic would be more like a dispenser than a resupply cabinet, really. I guess that was kind of the point. Kind of heals slow for a resupply cabinet.

Also, that applies to a lot of stuff, with the Metallic: Crusader's Crossbow (or really any Medic primary), Soda Popper/Force, Black Box, etc.. The issue is the heal rate is so slow it's hard to keep your heal target alive in general. 

For Medic:

Metallic Medigun

-Heal rate decreased by 50%

-Ubercharge rate decreased by 10%

-Replenishes ammo of heal target

-On ubercharge, heal target gains max ammo for all weapons and can't run out of clip ammo

-Ubercharge lengthened by 1 second                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Medic=Dispenser

• 2 weeks later...

The problem I see with the Metallic Medigun is that in competitive play there is a medigun triangle that sort of applies to everyday Team Fortress 2 as well. A regular medigun defeats a kritzkrieg, and a quick fix defeats and medigun, and a kritzkrieg defeats a quick fix.So, by this example lets see how it would pair up against other ubercharges

The Stock Medigun: The player would be invulnerable, it doesn't make a difference because 20000 shots * 0 is still 0

The Kritzkrieg: Because of the full crits, players would die INSTANTLY before they could make use of infinite ammo

The Quick Fix: In most cases, the Quick-Fix could outheal the damage being put out by the inifinite ammo long enough to kill the attacker as the low amount of healing speed could not outheal the dps coming from the quick-fix pair

Conclusion: The Metallic Medigun simply does not offer any benefits that cannot be outdone by the other mediguns. It gives infinite ammo, but the kritzkrieg makes the ammo do much more. It heals too slow to survive a regular uber and gives not enough benefits to outlast a quick fix. When attacking a point, why would infinite ammo help you if you could not be invincible or deliver crushing criticals? When defending, isn't being invincible going to help you more against an onslaught than having ammo that due to the medigun's slow healing you will barely get to use? Need to quickly kill the enemy medic before he/she gets an ubercharge? Why will infinite ammo help over a 1-3 (if you are using solder,demo, or heavy at close rane) hit kill? It simply does not have the versatility of the other mediguns, therefore making it virtually useless.

The only useful thing I see about this is helping an engineer set up quickly if it aplies to metal as well.

Suggestions: I would suggest increasing the heal rate but besides that I don't know.

Just wanted to let you know. When you submit an item, valve just takes the model if they like it. Attributes, you're not the one to choose

The problem I see with the Metallic Medigun is that in competitive play there is a medigun triangle that sort of applies to everyday Team Fortress 2 as well. A regular medigun defeats a kritzkrieg, and a quick fix defeats and medigun, and a kritzkrieg defeats a quick fix.So, by this example lets see how it would pair up against other ubercharges

The Stock Medigun: The player would be invulnerable, it doesn't make a difference because 20000 shots * 0 is still 0

The Kritzkrieg: Because of the full crits, players would die INSTANTLY before they could make use of infinite ammo

The Quick Fix: In most cases, the Quick-Fix could outheal the damage being put out by the inifinite ammo long enough to kill the attacker as the low amount of healing speed could not outheal the dps coming from the quick-fix pair

Conclusion: The Metallic Medigun simply does not offer any benefits that cannot be outdone by the other mediguns. It gives infinite ammo, but the kritzkrieg makes the ammo do much more. It heals too slow to survive a regular uber and gives not enough benefits to outlast a quick fix. When attacking a point, why would infinite ammo help you if you could not be invincible or deliver crushing criticals? When defending, isn't being invincible going to help you more against an onslaught than having ammo that due to the medigun's slow healing you will barely get to use? Need to quickly kill the enemy medic before he/she gets an ubercharge? Why will infinite ammo help over a 1-3 (if you are using solder,demo, or heavy at close rane) hit kill? It simply does not have the versatility of the other mediguns, therefore making it virtually useless.

The only useful thing I see about this is helping an engineer set up quickly if it aplies to metal as well.

Suggestions: I would suggest increasing the heal rate but besides that I don't know.

Thanks for the input. The way I see it, you're right, on offense this is nearly useless to other Mediguns. This is attempting to flip the role of Medic, like the Gunslinger for Engie or BFB for Scout, to a different one, or in this case a defensive one. You don't commonly see a Gunslinger on offense or a Fan O' War at all on defense, in the same way you wouldn't really see a Metallic on offense. You're right, it is for an Engie on defense, or for that Heavy staying by the intel that doesn't have a Dispenser, or pretty much anything, really. I'll admit the ubercharge probably needs some work since that's more of an offensive skill, but the point is to make the Medic slightly more defensive. 

Thanks for the input. The way I see it, you're right, on offense this is nearly useless to other Mediguns. This is attempting to flip the role of Medic, like the Gunslinger for Engie or BFB for Scout, to a different one, or in this case a defensive one. You don't commonly see a Gunslinger on offense or a Fan O' War at all on defense, in the same way you wouldn't really see a Metallic on offense. You're right, it is for an Engie on defense, or for that Heavy staying by the intel that doesn't have a Dispenser, or pretty much anything, really. I'll admit the ubercharge probably needs some work since that's more of an offensive skill, but the point is to make the Medic slightly more defensive. 

How I wish. But the problem I see with this is not just changing the roll of the medic, it simply doesn't offer anything that is useful enough to trump other mediguns

How I wish. But the problem I see with this is not just changing the roll of the medic, it simply doesn't offer anything that is useful enough to trump other mediguns

"You don't commonly see a Gunslinger on offense"

^^Whoops

But I must ask, what do other Mediguns have to offer on defense? By changing the role of the Medic, this offers a lot more versatility in defense than just healing. The only other semi-defensive Medigun would be the Vaccinator, and even then the Metallic would have some benefits over the Vaccinator. The rest are almost purely offensive, other than maybe the stock, which doesn't have any passive effects that would help unlike the other two. To be quite frank, I'm not sure what you mean; it offers many benefits to the others on defense, at least.

Late I know but I gotta say this

The engineer idea ~ 

Not very useful at all. If it does no damage then what's the point of being an engineer? What's the point of slowing them down when you can just kill them in 1 second flat with a normal sentry? Not a very good idea at all sorry

The medic idea ~ 

Nope, stupid idea. There are secondary weapons for a reason. Heal rate decreased? By 50%? you'd have great difficulty keeping anyone alive. There are dispensers for a reason. The uber is also useless and actually overpowered. 9 seconds of pure grenade spam? Oh god, and not very useful for classes like heavy, a medics whore.

The demoman idea ~ 

Simply too overpowered. What if the demoman is wielding a charge n tage? or the scottish? He's left with 1 grenade on him and not much else.

The spy idea ~ 

Apart from being a move that cod players make, this imparing the vision of an enemy leaves him open to all other enemy fire. It's just another dead ringer but this time your enemy doesn't chase you.

These ideas are sure creative, but they don't have the right stats at all. The ammo medigun? Walking dispenser.  The spies flash bomb? A dead ringer that leaves the enemy open to all other sources of fire. The sticky sentry? That goes against everything the engy stands for. Nice ideas, bad stats.

Late I know but I gotta say this

The engineer idea ~ 

Not very useful at all. If it does no damage then what's the point of being an engineer? What's the point of slowing them down when you can just kill them in 1 second flat with a normal sentry? Not a very good idea at all sorry

The medic idea ~ 

Nope, stupid idea. There are secondary weapons for a reason. Heal rate decreased? By 50%? you'd have great difficulty keeping anyone alive. There are dispensers for a reason. The uber is also useless and actually overpowered. 9 seconds of pure grenade spam? Oh god, and not very useful for classes like heavy, a medics whore.

The demoman idea ~ 

Simply too overpowered. What if the demoman is wielding a charge n tage? or the scottish? He's left with 1 grenade on him and not much else.

The spy idea ~ 

Apart from being a move that cod players make, this imparing the vision of an enemy leaves him open to all other enemy fire. It's just another dead ringer but this time your enemy doesn't chase you.

These ideas are sure creative, but they don't have the right stats at all. The ammo medigun? Walking dispenser.  The spies flash bomb? A dead ringer that leaves the enemy open to all other sources of fire. The sticky sentry? That goes against everything the engy stands for. Nice ideas, bad stats.

Thanks for the criticism. Here's the point, though:

Engie idea: Admittedly not as useful, sure, but think about Bonk!ing Scouts, Pybros, other things that could be hindered/helped with this idea. It can also be set up faster in either offense/defense situations, since it only gets to level 2. It gives slightly more versatility in exchange for power. It'd also help the Engie a lot, since he could just go in on a slowed enemy with his Shotgun. More of a situational tool than a permanent replacement or complete upgrade.

Medic idea: Yeah, that's the whole point of the downside; while you're having trouble keeping them alive, you're also giving them precious ammo if they're in a situation in which getting more would be difficult. And it's honestly not really an offensive tool so much as a defensive one. (Also, think about all those selfish Engies you find that won't share their Dispensers.)

Demoman idea: Not sure what your point is with the Scottish Resistance, but there's a lot of situations in which some weapons are more useful than others, so talking about going up against a Demoman with a Chargin' Targe is basically like making the argument with replacing the Soldier's Shotgun with something else that doesn't shoot bullets. It's the same problem with the same solution: it's true that it's not gonna work. Switch tactics, switch weapons, or just avoid, that's all I can tell you. 

Spy idea: Not a Dead Ringer in the fact that it's more of a support tool. You're right, it leaves enemies open to teammates, it's meant to be like a Mad Milk or Jarate of sorts. Not to mention, Spy doesn't actually cloak or gain damage resistance, so unstunned teammates can easily take him down while his bomb regenerates. 

But I'm not trying to sound snotty or just blow off your points with no argument, I appreciate the feedback and I'm glad you took the time to write it. While a lot of these are kind of easy to argue with given a little thought, it still makes sense what you say. Feel free to elaborate based on what I said.

Archived