Aria Heavy-Hand

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use any of these? (read before voting plz)

• Sticky Wrench
    • Metallic Medigun
    • Manncannon
    • Flash Bomb
    • No these all suck and you should feel bad

For Engineer:

Sticky Wrench

Replaces Sentry with a "Sticky Sentry," which:

-Does no damage

-Slows enemy movement speed by 40%

-Can slow down Bonk!ing enemies

-Can be upgraded to level 2, which just slows the target down even more (maybe 60% or something)

-Has a little extra health and range (how much, I don't really know) and faster turning speed

For Medic:

Metallic Medigun

-Heal rate decreased by 50%

-Ubercharge rate decreased by 10%

-Replenishes ammo of heal target

-On ubercharge, heal target gains max ammo for all weapons and can't run out of clip ammo

-Ubercharge lengthened by 1 second

For Demoman:

The Manncannon (primary)

-+50% damage bonus

-+50% explosion size
-+0.8 sec explosion duration

--75% clip size

-20% longer reload speed

--25% projectile speed

-Projectile moves in a straighter line (still arcs, but more slowly, see)

-Explodes on impact with any surface or player

For Spy:

The Flash Bomb (watch)

-On alt fire: Throws down a flash bomb with impairs sight of enemy players

-+20% movement speed while enemies are stunned

-Unable to backstab or shoot stunned enemies

-+100% explosion radius (when compared to a rocket launcher)

-Same recharge as stock Spy watch

-Cannot be replenished from ammo crates

Okay. So does anyone have any other serious ideas out there? Or you can comment on these ones, too. Whatever.

Do i have to say anything? Because i feel sick looking at these.  :wacko:

15 votes all for no 

stay away from the workshop I guess

Seriously? A stun tactic for the spy? This isn't call of duty.

At least he had enough courage to post about his ideas, serious or not. As far as morals go, he's the better person here

The Medi-Gun would be good, but need more restrictions. Seems too Overpowered

At least he had enough courage to post about his ideas, serious or not. As far as morals go, he's the better person here

k.

• Administrators

This is funny, I am wondering how you came up with these ideas. Haha... :P

Good thinking though. Only do like the medi-gun idea but that seems overpowered.  :ph34r:

Although, 50% heal IS a lot of healing to be lost for a Medigun, especially when you consider that the Back Scratcher is 75%, and how slow that goes...

But thanks for the CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, you and Plaxorus. Even though clearly these ideas suck, maybe I'll think about it some more.

This is funny, I am wondering how you came up with these ideas. Haha... :P

Good thinking though. Only do like the medi-gun idea but that seems overpowered.  :ph34r:

Oh, and I guess I should answer this. Maybe. 'cuz clearly at least one person cares a little I love weapons with effects. I'd prefer to have a weak weapon with an interesting/different point to it than be like every other mini sentry player out there. I made these weapons up because I thought the ideas were INTERESTING, and different from what people were used to. I guess hence all the negative feedback? I mean, a sentry that does no damage, but slows down what it's shooting at that much... I mean, I'd use it. Maybe Point is, I made these as somewhat creative alternatives to everything else out there: a sentry made to defend in a different way, a medigun that heals ammo more than health, a "cloaking" method for Spy that could actually be spy-like (espionage, or to put it more simply, for support, like the Spy's classified to be)... they're all unconventional, which is why I thought think they're good ideas. 

• Administrators

Oh, and I guess I should answer this. Maybe. 'cuz clearly at least one person cares a little I love weapons with effects. I'd prefer to have a weak weapon with an interesting/different point to it than be like every other mini sentry player out there. I made these weapons up because I thought the ideas were INTERESTING, and different from what people were used to. I guess hence all the negative feedback? I mean, a sentry that does no damage, but slows down what it's shooting at that much... I mean, I'd use it. Maybe Point is, I made these as somewhat creative alternatives to everything else out there: a sentry made to defend in a different way, a medigun that heals ammo more than health, a "cloaking" method for Spy that could actually be spy-like (espionage, or to put it more simply, for support, like the Spy's classified to be)... they're all unconventional, which is why I thought think they're good ideas. 

I actually found it interesting and funny at the same time. Those are indeed creative but most of them seem overpowered like the Spy flash bomb, you could easily get a backstab with that  :ph34r:

Its always nice to have different input+output on weapons. You know if you want to, you can actually create one and post it on Steam Workshop. B)

No offense, I like your ideas, but the spy throwing a flash bomb, seems kind of, you know, not like spy. And if people combined it with the big earner, there would be flash bombs everywhere. Like people throwing them across the battlements on 2fort, then going to the resupply cabinet, and throwing one again. Over and over again. Just trying to give a little criticism. Anyway, not trying to be rude, I do like your ideas (they're certainly better than some of the ones I've thought up).

@python, it's called criticism. Want me to tell him that his ideas are great? Ok. Aria, your wep suggestions are brilliant and you should take them to the workshop because you could make big bucks. There, a large dose of false hope.

@python, it's called criticism. Want me to tell him that his ideas are great? Ok. Aria, your wep suggestions are brilliant and you should take them to the workshop because you could make big bucks. There, a large dose of false hope.

Seriously? A stun tactic for the spy? This isn't call of duty. 

I'm not saying you have to tell him his ideas are great or lie. Just don't be a dick about it

Maybe you can learn how to criticize properly from Pixelated -- Not rude and giving actual feedback

No offense, I like your ideas, but the spy throwing a flash bomb, seems kind of, you know, not like spy. And if people combined it with the big earner, there would be flash bombs everywhere. Like people throwing them across the battlements on 2fort, then going to the resupply cabinet, and throwing one again. Over and over again. Just trying to give a little criticism. Anyway, not trying to be rude, I do like your ideas (they're certainly better than some of the ones I've thought up).

Nah, I'm good with large doses of false hope. XP (NO DON'T DO THAT)

I actually found it interesting and funny at the same time. Those are indeed creative but most of them seem overpowered like the Spy flash bomb, you could easily get a backstab with that  :ph34r:

Its always nice to have different input+output on weapons. You know if you want to, you can actually create one and post it on Steam Workshop. B)

Actually, the targets you stun are immune to your backstabs. Though I see the problem with the Supply Cabinet, but there's not so much you can do about that one. Supply Cabinets are gonna be a problem with most spam weapons. Like mini sentries. And Mad Milk/Jarate. And mini sentries. And Sandman+Guillotine combos.

And mini sentries.

But thanks for the actual constructive criticism you guys. I'm glad to see that, after the poop storm clears, there's some actual thoughts to be had. And I might tweak the Metallic Medigun a bit omg people actually seem to like that one. But here's an idea. What do you guys think? You say it's overpowered, I say that the downsides counterbalance it... what would you guys say is a happy medium?

Tbh i don't think people know how slow 50% of regular healing rate is. It might be OP for just like heavy shooting randomly at a corner forever, but in an actual fight i think it's not as useful as others. Stock/kritz>metallic 

@ Python if I was being a dick about it I would of said something like "Your ideas are fucking shit and you should be embarrased now go kil urphelf pls" but no, he came up with the idea of a 'Flash Bomb' which is kind of silly and I responded in a silly but serious way. It ain' call of duty. But the medi gun seems ok but a dispenser can fix that problem

Why even bother coming up with new weapon ideas? Valve won't add em anyway.

And btw, I don't like any if the ideas, they just seem to ruin the a bit.

Archived