• It's okay
    • I don't like it too much
    • I hate it and hope it burns in hell
    • I've never played it
    • I have no opinion
    • wtf is Minecraft?
    • Banana
    • I use to play it but then got bored of it

The fear of griefing is the only thing that made Minecraft interesting for me.

For me greifing got annoying. When I joined peaceful servers I could actually enjoy the game without losing my stuff.

But yeah, greifing servers exist for a reason anyways.

If you lack creativity, Minecraft won't be fun for you. The same applies for GMod and any other sandbox games.

I heard on the dutch news that Minecraft is actually good for your mathematical development

inb4 math lessons get replaced with a minecraft game hour

Educational Minecraft is already a reality. Some schools are using Minecraft for educational purposes.

If you lack creativity, Minecraft won't be fun for you. The same applies for GMod and any other sandbox games.

Educational Minecraft is already a reality. Some schools are using Minecraft for educational purposes.

I knew a guy who lives in Sweden and taking a Minecraft course is mandatory at the end of high school/tertiary school/whatever they call it.

• 2 months later...

It was the only game I played for a good two years before I built a good computer. It was one of the only games I could play :(

• 1 month later...

"My opinions about Minecraft? HAHA. IT'S DEAD!" -Medic.

Nah, jk. I don't like this game, but I don't hate it. Neutral, I guess.

It's a daycare service created by Notch for smart kids that aren't paying $60 for a game and $15 for 3 stupid maps and 1 stupid survival map.

The game is okay.

The community, fanbase and almost all of the servers are utter bullshit.

Sounds like you've had some rough experiences.

If you find the right server with the right community, you can have a very good time playing Minecraft.

Sounds like you've had some rough experiences.

If you find the right server with the right community, you can have a very good time playing Minecraft.

Very true.

But those are very, very difficult to find.

I'm a fan of Gmod since forever. But there's one thing that makes Minecraft a better game than Gmod - You can modify whole world. That's something that Gmod is missing. Id Gmod had that, I'm sure no one would ever hear about Minecraft.

I'm a fan of Gmod since forever. But there's one thing that makes Minecraft a better game than Gmod - You can modify whole world. That's something that Gmod is missing. Id Gmod had that, I'm sure no one would ever hear about Minecraft.

Minecraft and Gmod are two very different games. It would be hard to compare them both.

I heard on the dutch news that Minecraft is actually good for your mathematical development

inb4 math lessons get replaced with a minecraft game hour

Erik.....

It seems to get a lot of hate, but I do like it, It's a lot of fun.

I permanently quit it though.. I rage too damn much at it :D

Minecraft is like Call Of Duty. It's a decent game, then you realize it gets extremely repetitive and boring and the community is absolute shit full of 12-year-olds and 40-year-old pedos.

Minecraft is like Call Of Duty. It's a decent game, then you realize it gets extremely repetitive and boring and the community is absolute shit full of 12-year-olds and 40-year-old pedos.

Why are you comparing Minecraft to Call of Duty? It's like comparing a vacuum with a lawn mower.

Minecraft is more of a sandbox game where you do what you want to do and can add in lots of crazy shit with mods and such while Call of Duty is just people who shoot guns at other people to become the best ranked person on the leaderboards.

Rating a game based on its community is never a good idea, but since you did: Minecraft is a child-friendly game for a wide audience. You're surely to find a great community if you search hard enough. Call of Duty is a more competitive type of game where you're more likely to encounter people who try to become better than others, which happens to include whiny 12 year olds.

Why are you comparing Minecraft to Call of Duty? It's like comparing a vacuum with a lawn mower.

Minecraft is more of a sandbox game where you do what you want to do and can add in lots of crazy shit with mods and such while Call of Duty is just people who shoot guns at other people to become the best ranked person on the leaderboards.

Rating a game based on its community is never a good idea, but since you did: Minecraft is a child-friendly game for a wide audience. You're surely to find a great community if you search hard enough. Call of Duty is a more competitive type of game where you're more likely to encounter people who try to become better than others, which happens to include whiny 12 year olds.

By community standards smart aleck, not gameplay or genre wise.  They both have the exact same community, both are repetitive in gameplay.

By community standards smart aleck, not gameplay or genre wise.

I wouldn't consider a review a proper one if it rated a game based on its community only.

Was "aleck" supposed to be "ass" or something? It sounds like auto-correct screwed you over.

They both have the exact same community

For Minecraft, community depends on which servers you go to whereas Call of Duty has a shitty community no matter which game you play.

both are repetitive in gameplay.

You obviously haven't tried out modded minecraft or a server with plugins and add-ons.

I wouldn't consider a review a proper one if it rated a game based on its community only.

Was "aleck" supposed to be "ass" or something? It sounds like auto-correct screwed you over.

For Minecraft, community depends on which servers you go to whereas Call of Duty has a shitty community no matter which game you play.

You obviously haven't tried out modded minecraft or a server with plugins and add-ons.

Especially when the community pretty much ruins the  game.

It's a nicer way of saying smartass.

Shitty either way, just some are less shitty than others.

Lol.

Especially when the community pretty much ruins the  game.

It's a nicer way of saying smartass.

Shitty either way, just some are less shitty than others.

Lol.

You must be fun at parties.

The mods are utterly difficult to install and a server is so freaking hard to make, not only do you need to portforward but you need a console to type in commands and most of the time you always get error. The community is a pain, i'm thinking of selling my minecraft account for tf2 items

Gmod

I wish I could like this comment... but I reached my comment quota? for the day.

Archived