Collector's weapons suck!

Kale

I agree with dabaers. That would be pretty cool. Also, imagine if the introduced a Collector's TC with those stats... We should take bets on how many Mattie would collect :3

Should to be able to keep a running count of how many of the item you have.

For example: You crafted you collectors lollichop but if you are a real collector, you would keep on collecting. You could add the ones you have left to the collectors item, further increasing a counter or its level.

Was about to say this.

Concept of the Collector items are good, the purpose is crap.

What they should count, and display, is the level of each of the items placed into them. They could also allow a strange to be added to it to make it strange.

*WHY I LIKE COLLECTORS' WEAPONS*

Personally I will craft or look to buy a collectors' weapon, if I am looking to finish my current set with professional killstreak weapons.
For instace, I have a pro strange aussie flamethrower, and a pro strange aussie axtinguisher, that I took great care to coordinate sheen and effects on. Now, after acquiring that perfect pair, I've gone and crafted the perfect pro flaregun kit, for my secondary. Now, I don't want to waste the kit on a 1 key item, when my other items are of such higher status, and there is no aussie out, yet.
As a collector, I prefer to not waste my kit on such a low value item to finish my set, as it will stick out as a subpar addition, even though strange quality matches my aussies in quality(by name only, not status).
I would rather add it to something not as common, and an item closer to the same value or status as my other weapons, and continue hoping that one day an australium version will come out, but being confident and content that my set is the best it can be at the moment.

Again, collectors' weapons are for collectors.
Everyone here seems to want to make a profit, I do too, and in fact depend on it. However, for my loadouts, I take care, and don't sell the ones I work hard for just because someone offers me something within backpack.tf range.
If you can't find a reason that would make you want a collectors' weapon, you probably aren't a collector, and that's fine.
For some of us, though, profit isn't the only reason to craft and trade.
Sometimes looking your best is enough for some of us, and for others of us, why not both?

*UNPOPULAR OPINION BELOW!*
I actually think stranges are overrated(with the exception of australiums, of course).
I mean, seriously.
With idle servers, strange leveling servers, dodgeball servers, the relative amount of time someone might have been playing, etc, the numbers on these strange parts and kills made doesn't really mean shit. I do enjoy how the name changes, but i can't think of the last time I saw someone's strange and thought "This person has mad skillz."

At least with collectors' items we know, "This person loves their tf2 items, not just their profits."

*WHAT COULD BE DONE?*
If someone from Valve were to ask for my opinion on what to add to a collectors' weapon, I would immediately suggest displaying a player's Kill/Death ratio, with that weapon(which can be reset like the counts on a strange, to reflect your current skill level). 
I think since those with collectors' items are in it for more than just trading, it'd be a pretty sweet reward.
Though, doing so, would then make more people want it solely for trading purposes as such an effect would be in high demand.
Damn....
It would also require weapon stat tracking, as opposed to player stat tracking, like is currently in place.
I think it's an idea worth entertaining. How about you all?

Hi, I don't know if you've noticed but every iteration of team fortress tracks kills and deaths, from team fortress(the quake mod), to Team Fortress Classic, to Team Fortress 2. All of which predate COD. (Maybe you've only traded, and never ACTUALLY played the game?)

Oh! But thank goodness you are here to tell us this isn't COD. I'm sure all of one person may have ever confused the two.

For items that dont kill, track assist/death(saps/deaths, bonks/death, piss assists/death, etc...) ratio. at least this stat isnt some arbitrary number that is meaningless. Obviously idle servers would alter stats, but for those tracking progress and improvement, it would be a valuable tool and great for bragging rights(I know my clan would love them).

Archived