Collector's weapons suck!

Kale

I have personally found very few people who actually go out and collect Collector's weapons, ironically.

The thing is, there is nothing beyond the "Level 42" and the red font. Should Collector's weapons take on the attributes of Strange weapons? 

This would help boost demand for these undesired weapons, as well as making them WORTH seeking out. 

My suggestion will probably not change anything, but tell me what you think.

I have personally found very few people who actually go out and collect Collector's weapons, ironically.

The thing is, there is nothing beyond the "Level 42" and the red font. Should Collector's weapons take on the attributes of Strange weapons? 

This would help boost demand for these undesired weapons, as well as making them WORTH seeking out. 

My suggestion will probably not change anything, but tell me what you think.

And suddenly Strange Machina, Gunslinger, and Kritz all drop in value, along with every other Salvaged Strange.  If the Collector weapons counted points similar to the strange miscs, that might be a better idea.

And suddenly Strange Machina, Gunslinger, and Kritz all drop in value, along with every other Salvaged Strange.  If the Collector weapons counted points similar to the strange miscs, that might be a better idea.

I wouldn't say that they would drop in value, necessarily. But you are right, maybe some sort of definitive attribute should be applied.

Nah , they are just red, what about collector's hats?

I don't even know why Collector's hats exist. Nonetheless, I guess just point-counting could be applied.

Should to be able to keep a running count of how many of the item you have.

For example: You crafted you collectors lollichop but if you are a real collector, you would keep on collecting. You could add the ones you have left to the collectors item, further increasing a counter or its level.

I'd never get a Collector's item over anything else (assuming I actually had the keys ;~; ) unless they provided some function. The only exception could, possibly, be collectors hats, and that would be if no other version existed.

Meh. Collector's items will continue to lose value until the chem sets stop dropping. Otherwise there's no real point in "collecting" them because there will always be more of them

they should show how many different of the specific item you have owned since having the collectors item.

(say collectors machina, should show how many different machina's you've owned and a seperate counter for each quality, so like:

23 uniques

4 genuines

1 strange)

Or be able to input after it's completed?  Kinda like the Spellbook from Halloween 2013.  It works, but shows how many of the item you've input beyond that.

^^^^ That's not a bad idea. Add Collector's "levels" so that as people add an extra 100, 1000, 10000, 100,000 and 1 million of the same weapon/hat to the item it gets a new name that's permanent unlike strange levels

Collector items should be collected by collectors and not have people try to tie outrageous values to them offering them around to everyone thinking everyone is a collector.

Perhaps, if anything, they should have a unique look. Either some kind of effect (but seems overdone now) or a certain color scheme, so when you see a collector's weapon, it becomes very obvious. Preferably, though, something that makes it worth keeping around. 

What about a counter that shows how many kills you have of other people with the same weapon? For example, two snipers have a Machina, and the one with the Collector's version gets the kill. It now displays on the gun's info. They could call it "showdowns won" or something cliche like that. I'm just brainstorming

I dont see a meaning in Collectors as well... Maybe it's intention is to make a badass "Vintage", but its too much expensive for just a red name item

There is no big diffrence from vintage/genuine/haunted/collectors yet people still hat collectors items the most, why?

They aren't hated, just hard to sell for a large sum. People usually aren't willing to pay for more when they could just get a strange version or the like.

Should to be able to keep a running count of how many of the item you have.

For example: You crafted you collectors lollichop but if you are a real collector, you would keep on collecting. You could add the ones you have left to the collectors item, further increasing a counter or its level.

This. Guys, this is all we need for Collector's items.

Vintage = blue outline

Collectors = red outline

Collectors alot more expensive

Blue > red

Conclusion: vintage is cheaper and better, why stay with collectors :D

Collectors suck because of who there target is. The collectors are marketed towards those people who already had weapons, this way they could have their collection but in a more compact form. So collectors will keep dropping until they hit about 2 keys (slightly more than the cost to craft).

However, it would be interesting to see if valve added a weapon and a collector version at the same time, and potentially added different collectors (retiring 200-1000 weapons). Then weapons would be eaten up as they enter the market, in which case it could maintain value as they would actually be rare (at least for a little while).

Archived