Cosmic inflation: 'Spectacular discovery hailed' (Big Bang)

Grimes

Im so pumped for the future of space exploration, in ~a decade we'll be sending ships to Titan's methane lakes and Europa's water oceans.

Technology is already being developed that can send us to Proxima Centauri in 2 weeks

YEAH SCIENCE

also, most of the people who still believe the Big Bang never occurred are unlikely to change their opinions based on fact, they're too stubborn

Im so pumped for the future of space exploration, in ~a decade we'll be sending ships to Titan's methane lakes and Europa's water oceans.

Technology is already being developed that can send us to Proxima Centauri in 2 weeks

YEAH SCIENCE

also, most of the people who still believe the Big Bang never occurred are unlikely to change their opinions based on fact, they're too stubborn

*cough* Ken Ham

YEAH SCIENCE

We're pretty much in a Golden Age right now, everyone takes that fact for granted.

We're pretty much in a Golden Age right now, everyone takes that fact for granted.

Because we're all ungrateful.

I had a dream where when our generation took over, society falls apart because of a lack of smart people, since everyone is busy having sex and taking selfies

Future confirmed?

I had a dream where when our generation took over, society falls apart because of a lack of smart people, since everyone is busy having sex and taking selfies

Future confirmed?

its not that there aren't many smart people, it's that society is wasting loads of resources catering to saving the lives of idiots that are meant to limit the population

resources spent saving idiots ---> more idiots ---> more idiots having more idiot babies ---> more resources spent on saving the lives of the idiots, and the cycle goes on

thats just my inhumane opinion, but that's for another thread

this is truly groundbreaking. not that i had any doubt that this theory was wrong, or anything, but this will shut these creationists up.

look at Prof.Linde's reaction to the fact that his life's work was validated.

There is already a decent amount of proof to support these claims, and this merely adds to it.

Creationists refuse to believe the existing information, so what makes you think they all of a sudden have some sort of epiphany?

This is very cool, but it changes nothing as far as the big bang/creationism argument goes.

Eh, I'm Christian, and I don't really doubt the Big Bang Theory. If anything, God could've created the universe through the Big Bang, ya know? Also, the Big Bang could support the theory of God's existence. How'd the single point (iunno what you call it) where everything originated from even get there? There needs to be an omnipotent to have placed it there, so it all could make sense...

:D

Eh, I'm Christian, and I don't really doubt the Big Bang Theory. If anything, God could've created the universe through the Big Bang, ya know? Also, the Big Bang could support the theory of God's existence. How'd the single point (iunno what you call it) where everything originated from even get there? There needs to be an omnipotent to have placed it there, so it all could make sense...

:D

Why? Why does there have to be a higher being?

Why? Why does there have to be a higher being?

There's no explanation for something to come out of nothing, so, if you think about it, an omnipotent currently makes the most sense.

There's no explanation for something to come out of nothing, so, if you think about it, an omnipotent currently makes the most sense.

No explanation YET, but there are theories. So in the mean time, you're just happy to assume some giant bloke decided to set of the big bang?

yes, nothing =/=> boom! => something

but there is a 10^100 pages big paper about this that explains it...

No explanation YET, but there are theories. So in the mean time, you're just happy to assume some giant bloke decided to set of the big bang?

As you have theories, Christians as well have "theories" (or truths, which is their Bible in this case), so basically this puts both of you guys at a neutral ground. Everyone can believe what they want to believe; there's no real "GO HERE OR DIE!" perspective.

As you have theories, Christians as well have "theories" (or truths, which is their Bible in this case), so basically this puts both of you guys at a neutral ground. Everyone can believe what they want to believe; there's no real "GO HERE OR DIE!" perspective.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donar's_Oak#Willibald.27s_Life_of_Saint_Boniface

tl;dr - our god must be real because your god did nothing. It's not like they both don't exist.

At least there is feasible evidence to support a Big Bang theory.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donar's_Oak#Willibald.27s_Life_of_Saint_Boniface

tl;dr - our god must be real because your god did nothing. It's not like they both don't exist.

At least there is feasible evidence to support a Big Bang theory.

I'm not exactly saying that I am Christian, but I'm just giving examples of rebuttals for both sides.

I'm not exactly saying that I am Christian, but I'm just giving examples of rebuttals for both sides.

The difference is that in science, theories can be scrapped and re-examined. They WILL admit when they are wrong. 

I don't think I can say the same for religion.

There's a creationist kid at my school that I showed this article to

Quotes of the century right here:

"People just aren't smart enough to understand that God made it all"

"At least with Christianity, there is something larger, God! It makes more sense than the Big Bang"

"We don't need evidence to prove it actually happened when it did" <--- this one made me lol

"Then 6 billion people will be burning in hell because they cannot understand" <-- referring to other religions as well

I'm agnostic, I'm fine with you following any religion of your choosing, but this is straight up silly (this kid and his siblings are notorious for being brainwashed tho, so we're all used to hearing about it"

"We don't need evidence to prove it actually happened when it did" <--- this one made me lol

that made me die a little on the inside

The one creationist in our school didn't know how to spell Jesus, and insisted that God created probability and God created randomness, and also God created evolution (though it's an inherent process).

imo I look at entropy as god. Almost everything is dictated by entropy. Almost. Everything. 

Archived