Halloween 2013 unusual unboxed in 2024

PlasmaCharge

Literally the craziest TF2 news of the year other than a dog being part of a trade.

Edited by SoundDrout

31 minutes ago, SoundDrout said:

Literally the craziest TF2 news of the year other than a cat being part of a trade.

Smh it was a dog and there were pretenses for it, Sound

We can now officially say that most of those "1:1 forever" listings are false advertising, DAMN.

1 hour ago, ᴾᴾᴹ Shuffle Spy said:

Haha, now I have someone else to joke with about Spellbound Brims.

Did someone say spellbound brim

Insane insane unbox OP, goddamn

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoundDrout said:

Literally the craziest TF2 news of the year other than a dog being part of a trade.

kinda disappointing when it turned out the dog was going to be given away anyway

3 hours ago, Shocked said:

Buy orders are now 666 keys lol

Bro real lol This post caused the market to increase 2.5x as much, Shocked. Stonks.

1 hour ago, Soju said:

Me seeing this thread while trying to sell my spellbound 

image.png.f3c084e87db087dbdf3873fba4d64919.png

I can imagine how alarming this would be for someone selling old Halloween effects. You'd definitely make sure that it's just luck and not another crate depression incoming.

to be fair, the odds of another one being unboxed is low, plus it can be literally some low shit tier hat and effect still

1 hour ago, Soju said:

Me seeing this thread while trying to sell my spellbound 

image.png.f3c084e87db087dbdf3873fba4d64919.png

wow. one of the dumbest financial decisions you could make, one that you SHOULD (logically) have been punished for, and Lady Luck gives you a blowjob instead.

you hit the 1% on the $200 crate, it could have had any 2013/2014 effect and you get fucking spellbound. And on a decent hat too.

This is the luckiest you will ever be, it just peaked for you right now. 

16 minutes ago, Bananas said:

wow. one of the dumbest financial decisions you could make, one that you SHOULD (logically) have been punished for, and Lady Luck gives you a blowjob instead.

you hit the 1% on the $200 crate, it could have had any 2013/2014 effect and you get fucking spellbound. And on a decent hat too.

This is the luckiest you will ever be, it just peaked for you right now. 

Thing is, since he bought those crates years back, he only paid like $120 for 3-4. Even if he did lose it wouldn't have been as bad if he bought 3 crates now

17 minutes ago, NobodyNose said:

Thing is, since he bought those crates years back, he only paid like $120 for 3-4. Even if he did lose it wouldn't have been as bad if he bought 3 crates now

they appreciated in value considerably, he risked throwing away a guaranteed $500+ in his pocket vs unboxing 3 crates which had low odds of paying out

$500 100% guaranteed in my pocket or 1% chance at a random 2011-2014 effect

id choose the money every time but that’s just me, im not much of a gambler

11 minutes ago, Bananas said:

they appreciated in value considerably, he risked throwing away a guaranteed $500+ in his pocket vs unboxing 3 crates which had low odds of paying out

$500 100% guaranteed in my pocket or 1% chance at a random 2011-2014 effect

id choose the money every time but that’s just me, im not much of a gambler

Ngl I'm not surprised anyone said this yet, aside from Heidecker putting the gambling meme, but 90% of Gamblers quit before they hit it big, well this man hit it big in 3 cases, Bananas.

Ggs again homie on unboxing this.

2 minutes ago, RussellSproutz said:

3 cases

that’s the most insane part, isn’t there someone who’s unboxed over 100 and hasn’t hit shit? this guy just rolls up and hits it in 3. 

there’s 24 possible effects to get from this case (2011-2014)

hundreds of old hats, quite a few of them dog shit (robo glove for example)

he hits a mid/high tier sniper hat with a top 3 god tier effect 

will NEVER be repeated again, this is a 1 off event. Even if the stars align for someone else and they hit a 1% it’s gonna be a capotain or dead cone with ooze or eerie

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bananas said:

that’s the most insane part, isn’t there someone who’s unboxed over 100 and hasn’t hit shit? this guy just rolls up and hits it in 3. 

will NEVER be repeated again, this is a 1 off event. Even if the stars align for someone else and they hit a 1% it’s gonna be a capotain or dead cone with ooze or eerie

No real this will never be repeated again that's for sure, Bananas. Yeah I know who you're taking about, bro. Still waiting on Vince to share his story ngl. I know he mentioned before he gambled a bunch on these cases and get nothing unfortunately. Like a Gpan worth of spooky cases. Some peeps get super lucky and some just don't get jack. RNG be like sometimes xd

59 minutes ago, Bananas said:

Don’t shit on my bois the fart clouds

to the tf2 trading community I believe it would be a great investment to send me the crates and keys necessary to repeat this over and over again due to my incredible luck we will respawn the supply of old haloween unusuals and we wont let them gosh darn collectors take them away from us!
Tradelink has been linked.
Thank you.

• Thanks 2

This is the dumbest gamble I've seen in all of trading history. I cannot think of anything that tops this. Yet somehow it worked out. Congrats. That's a great hat.

so my long time dream of an arcana kabuto coming into existence so that I could obtain it (even though i'm a tyrants collector) isn't completely dead?

time to mortgage the house to buy every remaining unlocked spooky crate in existence.