Suggestion "Crash-Course" Requirement

If you've ever played Pokemon Go and wanted to submit a pokestop, you know you need to be level 40 and complete Niantic Wayfare's quiz.

I feel like this would be good to keep low effort / bad suggestions out, while also teaching new suggestors the basics.

How Niantic does it, is it lays out all the rules fairly easily and obviously. Then gives you a quiz which you need to get I believe all of them right (or only 1 wrong).

If backpack made it so that you can't make suggestions until beating this simple crash course quiz / tutorial then there would hopefully be less low-effort suggestions and also less confusion on how to make suggestions.

And those who complete it can get a cool lil badge on their profile too :D 

e.g. You could ask "why is this not a valid suggestion?" with 4 multiple choice answers

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65cf444172e258212f086db6

etc

YES

agreed

I agree with this statement

this is a feature I agree we need

I could not agree more

this is something I very much agree with

I see eye to eye with jaytuut on this

I fully agree

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bentry Suster said:

So essentially you want someone to teach you how to make mini

You have been here for a year and a bit lol. U havent suggested for a long time and u have the easy ways ;) . Plus pretty sure I can make mini's but thanks try to keep it on topic.

Harvard-styled courses done by top BP suggesters! Cutting-edge guides done by [insert name here] and [insert name here]! Only for $39.99! You could make a religion out of this. 

I used to play a lot of Pokemon Go in 2016.

So essentially you want a badge, Jay. Ngl I do want a badge too. 

true cause i spent some minutes trying to read the rules and i still have no clue whats going on, thank goodness the suggestion team has mercy cause i posted some stupid ones

20 minutes ago, AwesomeSause said:

true cause i spent some minutes trying to read the rules and i still have no clue whats going on, thank goodness the suggestion team has mercy cause i posted some stupid ones

It happens to everyone, homie.

48 minutes ago, RussellSproutz said:

It happens to everyone, homie.

Thats the point of this to fix :D 

9 minutes ago, JayTuut said:

Thats the point of this to fix :D 

No real. Just a little check before someone prices something. I've seen some suggestions that should have been closed ages ago, but its there for a month or 2.

I don't usually like giving my two cents on things but since this is suggestion related, and I keep seeing multiple suggestion-related topics coming out from you, I will do so here.

I can see what you are trying to do here and it is a start for a good change. Yes, people who generally have no clue on how to suggest create rather lackluster suggestions. Yes, there is a lot of effortless suggestions being pushed out by users daily. And yes, a simple quiz would certainly reduce the amount of these suggestions being put up while also educating new suggestors on how things work. You are not looking at the drawbacks and complications this can bring however.

For starters and the clearest problem, suggesting is very complicated with all of the information you need to know, not only about the rules but also how to gather data from sales and how to put them into a suggestion for others to see efficiently. A simple quiz would not be enough to teach people about how to properly suggest something, and yes I know in most cases you do not need to know stuff like "how and when to mini" or "how and when to cap something", but teaching them only the basics and nothing else would most likely end up confusing a lot of individuals if they opt to keep suggesting or encounter one of these things in a suggestion of their own. 

Furthermore, having a quiz could hinder the amount of suggestions being put up and also have certain items go unpriced. Having less suggestion being put out is a double-edged sword. Moderators sometimes have too many suggestions to deal with which creates a backlog that might leave suggestions open for weeks to even months, yes. But this, in my opinion, is better than having no suggestions at all. Having a quiz would certainly repel some people from suggesting just because of laziness or for other reasons. This already happens, yes, but it would happen more often if people were forced to take a quiz to do something they already were not so cheerful about doing. This could affect items that are either rare in quantity or items that do not usually sell. If someone with a sale gets repelled from doing a suggestion because of a quiz it could lead to said item never being priced and being forgotten about in the database. This does open up the question of "Why would we care if something like this happens?" and to that I must say that if you are a suggestor and contributor you should care. Suggesting is a community thing where people do it not for a type of payment but to help out keeping everything up to date in a proper manner, something that implies also caring about small things such as that. Losing out on one item might not sound that bad, yes, but if you keep adding onto the pile then it starts becoming a larger issue, an issue that not only affects the accuracy being put out in a user's backpack but it also affects other suggestions if any of them were to need the item in question as a mini or focal point for it.

With all that being said, a quiz would end up doing more bad than good once you start looking at it thoroughly. The current suggestion guides already do a great job at informing people if they really want to suggest, albeit with it having an extensive amount of information but this is in order to teach users the right way and also keep them up to date with new changes that might happen. If the guides do not work as intended or as efficiently as they can there is always experienced suggestors that should be willing to help out, which is the best way to gain knowledge reliably as said suggestors should know what they are doing and be able to explain things better and simpler than the rules can. But experienced suggestors can only help new people if said people are allowed to create suggestions even with issues which is why everything should stay just the way they are. Helping people when you see them struggle is something that we should strive for as a community and is another reason why keeping everything as is would be much better than trying to gatekeep suggesting, even in such a small way as having a quiz in between it. Yes, there might be people who could comment negative things in suggestions and, yes, there is malicious individuals who target those who do not know what they are doing and steal their research and claim it as their own, but those can be easily dealt with by mods if they are excessive and just hateful against whoever suggested something. Regardless of anything, no harm is really done by allowing anyone to suggest as mods can also simply just close something while also providing the reasoning behind the closing if something is deemed wrongful or poor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Explocivo808 said:

I don't usually like giving my two cents on things but since this suggestion related, and I keep seeing multiple suggestion-related topics coming out from you, I will do so here.

Interesting starting... this is the first suggestion-related post I've made that I know of. Also not giving your 2 cents is not a good thing, we need feedback from the whole community :) 

3 hours ago, Explocivo808 said:

I can see what you are trying to do here and it is a start for a good change. Yes, people who generally have no clue on how to suggest create rather lackluster suggestions. Yes, there is a lot of effortless suggestions being pushed out by users daily. And yes, a simple quiz would certainly reduce the amount of these suggestions being put up while also educating new suggestors on how things work. You are not looking at the drawbacks and complications this can bring.

Okay go on

For starters and the clearest problem, suggesting is very complicated with all of the information you need to know, not only about the rules but also how to gather data from sales and how to put them into a suggestion for others to see efficiently. A simple quiz would not be enough to teach people about how to properly suggest something, and yes I know in most cases you do not need to know stuff like "how and when to mini" or "how and when to cap something", but teaching them only the basics and nothing else would most likely end up confusing a lot of individuals if they opt to keep suggesting or encounter one of these things in a suggestion of their own. 

Right now, we only get people being dicks to each other to new people to suggest, you really think that's better? This makes other users already not want to suggestion again.

Examples:
https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65cf444172e258212f086db6 ~ !wen 

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/658780100853daff160eff1b ~ RedEye, a keen user wanting to learn but getting told by another suggestor he is "deficient in something" isn't very helpful.

Furthermore, having a quiz could hinder the amount of suggestions being put up and also have certain items go unpriced. Having less suggestion being put out is a double-edged sword. Moderators sometimes have too many suggestions to deal with which creates a backlog that might leave suggestions open for weeks to even months, yes. But this, in my opinion, is better than having no suggestions at all. Having a quiz would certainly repel some people from suggesting just because of laziness or for other reasons. This already happens, yes, but it would happen more often if people were forced to take a quiz to do something they already were not so cheerful about doing. This could affect items that are either rare in quantity or items that do not usually sell. If someone with a sale gets repelled from doing a suggestion because of a quiz it could lead to said item never being priced and being forgotten about in the database. This does open up the question of "Why would we care if something like this happens?" and to that I must say that if you are a suggestor and contributor you should care. Suggesting is a community thing where people do it not for a type of payment but to help out keeping everything up to date in a proper manner, something that implies also caring about small things such as that. Losing out on one item might not sound that bad, yes, but if you keep adding onto the pile then it starts becoming a larger issue, an issue that not only affects the accuracy being put out in a user's backpack but it also affects other suggestions if any of them were to need the item in question as a mini or focal point for it.

This is a pretty interesting point, considering there are 1180 suggestions open right now. They don't "sometimes have too many suggestions", they have had for quite a while, at least 6 months. We wouldn't have "no suggestions at all" considering we get many suggestions per day, I mean I would say at least 80% of suggestions are made by the same handful of people.

"Having a quiz would certainly repel some people from suggesting because of laziness" is.... interesting as well. Why would you want a lazy person to determine prices in a tf2 economy? If they can't do a simple quiz then they shouldn't be pricing.

If someone won't take a quiz to price their "rare" item as you say, then they wouldn't have interest in pricing it anyway. Plus there are plenty of times where a user will just post their sale on the forums or discord for a user to price it if they're really unwilling, I don't think the quiz is a detterent.. 

With all that being said, a quiz would end up doing more bad than good once you start looking at it thoroughly. The current suggestion guides already do a great job at informing people if they really want to suggest, albeit with it having an extensive amount of information but this is in order to teach users the right way and also keep them up to date with new changes that might happen. If the guides do not work as intended or as efficiently as they can there is always experienced suggestors that should be willing to help out, which is the best way to gain knowledge reliably as said suggestors should know what they are doing and be able to explain things better and simpler than the rules can. But experienced suggetors can only help new people if said people are allowed to create suggestions even with issues which is why everything should stay just the way they are. Helping people when you see them struggle is something that we should strive for as a community and is another reason why keeping everything as is would be much better than trying to gatekeep suggesting, even in such a small way as having a quiz in between it. Yes, there might be people who could comment negative things in suggestions and, yes, there is malicious individuals who target those who do not know what they are doing and steal their research and claim it as their own, but those can be easily dealt with by mods if they are excessive and just hateful against whoever suggested something. Regardless of anything, no harm is really done by allowing anyone to suggest as mods can also simply just close something while also providing the reasoning behind the closing if something is deemed wrongful or poor.

I highly disagree with most that is said here, even in my example of Pokemon Go, after the quiz you still have people who make fake pokestops, change names/etc, grief, etc. It doesn't stop it but at least filters out a lot of it (esp being lvl 40).

I disagree highly with it being gatekeeping, we manage a literal economy, so having someone do a basic quiz is "too far"? We have this for Pokemon Go, for editing Lyrics (genius and the one instagram uses), you have to take courses before you can edit lyrics that will go on an IG story, much less detrimental than the tf2 economy and real life value. Even for going for a minimum wage job you need to pass a bunch of quiz's. The rules on suggesting aren't made very clear for someone who isn't on the forums, sure there are guides here but you can literally just go make a suggestion never seeing the guides or rules.

• Confused 1

speaking from experience, its a skill issue.

Putting more roadblocks into new users will stop people not fully comfortable making a suggestion to begin with to not even make one, which in the long run will hurt more prices than anything.

A wrong suggestion can be fixed, unlike a none existent suggestion which would be impossible.

---

If you want people to actually improve within their ability the best thing to do is teach them manually as a "test" and "quiz" wont make them learn anything. 

Manually take someone under your wing and teach them the proper way to make suggestions. 

The basic guide at the moment is more than enough to give the basic understanding though it should probably be updated within the unusual side as its become such a long wall of posts and text, would be good for new users if it was simplified to only the current required stuff.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JayTuut said:

Interesting starting... this is the first suggestion-related post I've made that I know of. Also not giving your 2 cents is not a good thing, we need feedback from the whole community :) 

Okay go on

Right now, we only get people being dicks to each other to new people to suggest, you really think that's better? This makes other users already not want to suggestion again.

Examples:
https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65cf444172e258212f086db6 ~ !wen 

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/658780100853daff160eff1b ~ RedEye, a keen user wanting to learn but getting told by another suggestor he is "deficient in something" isn't very helpful.

This is a pretty interesting point, considering there are 1180 suggestions open right now. They don't "sometimes have too many suggestions", they have had for quite a while, at least 6 months. We wouldn't have "no suggestions at all" considering we get many suggestions per day, I mean I would say at least 80% of suggestions are made by the same handful of people.

"Having a quiz would certainly repel some people from suggesting because of laziness" is.... interesting as well. Why would you want a lazy person to determine prices in a tf2 economy? If they can't do a simple quiz then they shouldn't be pricing.

If someone won't take a quiz to price their "rare" item as you say, then they wouldn't have interest in pricing it anyway. Plus there are plenty of times where a user will just post their sale on the forums or discord for a user to price it if they're really unwilling, I don't think the quiz is a detterent.. 

I highly disagree with most that is said here, even in my example of Pokemon Go, after the quiz you still have people who make fake pokestops, change names/etc, grief, etc. It doesn't stop it but at least filters out a lot of it (esp being lvl 40).

I disagree highly with it being gatekeeping, we manage a literal economy, so having someone do a basic quiz is "too far"? We have this for Pokemon Go, for editing Lyrics (genius and the one instagram uses), you have to take courses before you can edit lyrics that will go on an IG story, much less detrimental than the tf2 economy and real life value. Even for going for a minimum wage job you need to pass a bunch of quiz's. The rules on suggesting aren't made very clear for someone who isn't on the forums, sure there are guides here but you can literally just go make a suggestion never seeing the guides or rules.

I think you kinda missed the whole point of the argument being made here, you are trying to compare pokemon to things like a unusualifier or 1 of 1 unusual, I really don't see what having a quiz will fix ultimately, it's just adding another complicating step into the equation that doesn't need changed, the only thing that needs change is the ability to edit suggestions after an hour of being made that way people don't have to close and open suggestions 5-6 times to fix 1 mistake they overlooked.

yes the mod team is struggling to keep up with the surplus of suggestions being pumped out and it's painfully clear there is burnout, thats why there has been a push lately to recruit new price mods, they don't get payed to accept suggestions and do it out of pocket, you can't expect every suggestion made to be accepted in 24 hours.

Suggestions are gatekept though, they have to be, otherwise you end up with people using suggestions and their power to wildly deviate items true values and manipulate prices, aka voting power, anyone can already make suggestions as they please, there is no limit or restriction to creating, but there is limits to voting

People who are willing to go out of their way to learn how to even create a suggestion can surely find their way to the guidelines and the discord to ask for potential help, it's pretty self-explanatory and common sense at this point, and people are more than willing to help others.

if we want to point out pure laziness in suggestions you really don't room to talk, cutting corners, formatting poorly, completely ignoring sales on reputable sites such as marketplace and then when you get called out by a mod you throw a fit or detest.

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65b518122037206ad2008678 ignored more sales
https://backpack.tf/suggestion/6596c6169daffbf34e037c8d didn't even bother checking to see if the skin was the same as the one you were suggesting
https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65b517dfc6b85f94a0072a56 you ignored prob 20-30 sales here
https://backpack.tf/suggestion/64f1da8ed546ddc1910b678c tried to use a sale out of date by 4 months
https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65d8ab8df3e947109a086f52 Literally called out by bentry here, a sloucher too by some accords.
https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65dec8dd2caee279bb0b801a Ignored marketplace sales here entirely

the two example suggestions provided also work against your argument because in those same suggestions there is atleast one person trying to help the suggestor, not everyone is gonna have the patience to help a noob, people don't have the time or care enough, but atleast @PlantFoodClock @Sir Spoon The Second made an attempt.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65cc61087d4179edf80cd09a

Yeah, when you're being lazy and breaking the rules, but your response is "WeirdChamp", it’s very ironic that a “suggestion exam” is proposed here.I think the most important thing is for people to improve themselves and be willing to learn. 

We were all students once and if there was a test there people would find ways to cheat.

While I'm not a fan of "suggestion challenges," I think it's the most positive and positive way to do it, where people collaborate to discuss, rather than collaborate to buy and sell answers to exam questions.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

bro this backfired on you lol 

(after reading post made my opinion has changed, just wanted to let yell know as well)

1 hour ago, Bentry Suster said:

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65cc61087d4179edf80cd09a

Yeah, when you're being lazy and breaking the rules, but your response is "WeirdChamp", it’s very ironic that a “suggestion exam” is proposed here.I think the most important thing is for people to improve themselves and be willing to learn. 

We were all students once and if there was a test there people would find ways to cheat.

While I'm not a fan of "suggestion challenges," I think it's the most positive and positive way to do it, where people collaborate to discuss, rather than collaborate to buy and sell answers to exam questions.

Because Mindacos was being a dick. I feel its justified and have no shame in you quoting that. I have other community members and staff agree with me on that as well for Mindacos and told to take it to Teeny but I felt it was a waste of time.

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65a4e7f4504aaa65e2034817

If you look at the old suggestion, Mindacos claims there is a sale for "46" though buyers were at 53 or so at the time, it seems very odd that he would comment that, hence my WeirdChamp comment on the resuggestion as I was salty that a Price Moderator would say "Your suggestion is wrong because there are sales that are 7 keys below buyers". That makes no sense. It also would not have effecetd the suggestion if I had rounded correctly to 300 originally anyway. I could not find any sales for the Stormy Storm Rotation Sensation, forunately my suggestions are getting better due to getting back into it and having Julia's script which has saved me a lot of time, I would spend anywhere up to 3+ hours on one suggestion, again, for free. Instead of improvement suggestions from fellow suggestors such as you or moderators like Mindacos I get snarky remarks like "yeah, no" instead of actual helpful comments like Blaze Thermal does. 

Also if you think its ironic then doesn't that make another case for the quiz? Lol

2 hours ago, OGSemper said:

if we want to point out pure laziness in suggestions you really don't room to talk, cutting corners, formatting poorly, completely ignoring sales on reputable sites such as marketplace and then when you get called out by a mod you throw a fit or detest.

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65b518122037206ad2008678 ignored more sales
https://backpack.tf/suggestion/6596c6169daffbf34e037c8d didn't even bother checking to see if the skin was the same as the one you were suggesting
https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65b517dfc6b85f94a0072a56 you ignored prob 20-30 sales here
https://backpack.tf/suggestion/64f1da8ed546ddc1910b678c tried to use a sale out of date by 4 months
https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65d8ab8df3e947109a086f52 Literally called out by bentry here, a sloucher too by some accords.
https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65dec8dd2caee279bb0b801a Ignored marketplace sales here entirely

the two example suggestions provided also work against your argument because in those same suggestions there is atleast one person trying to help the suggestor, not everyone is gonna have the patience to help a noob, people don't have the time or care enough, but atleast @PlantFoodClock @Sir Spoon The Second made an attempt.

I've bolded this line because I have no idea what this means, "you really don't room to talk". I'm not sure what that means.

I also don't understand the formatting bit, though again, I've never really been taught, I self learned in 2014 or so, so I just used my own formatting of suggestions and that seems fine as I do have a fair few accepted.

If you really want me to go through these

1 and 5) I literally could not see these sales. Again the Julia script makes it way less likely I will miss them, but I also did ask Bentry if he uses Next because they did not appear for me so not sure what to do there.

2) It was 4 am and I had been working on the suggestions for 4+ hours. I can make mistakes lmao

3) Again, there were no other sales, feel free to put the histories like I asked icy to do.

4) Did u read the suggestion? I asked if this was an exception as it is unpriced, again, more-case for the quiz, as I know there are exceptions to suggestions like this.

6) Yes, a mistake that I forgot to check marketplace.tf, fair enough.

For the two example suggestions I was the only one actively trying to help the person and give valuable information. Judging by !wen's reply to Spoon he did not like how spoon approached it but seemed nicer when I explained it to him. Plant also didn't give much information though I do commend him for trying.

1 hour ago, OGSemper said:

Where I started vs where im at now.

BEFORE
image.thumb.png.a090c82de809add60917c37d6b101919.png

AFTER
https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65e27516ec67bfd58c05f835

Proof anyone can make suggestions if willing to take the time to learn, no quiz involved or needed to improve, just practice and some help along the way.

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/52a2b8df4cd7b83d728b4581

I've been suggesting for a decade, 10 years, and I still get hate from the community :P 

Also @OGSemper it's very easy to play the game of "you made a mistake here" with suggestions

Here's yours:

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65d8504e7a9353a2230ce5d0 ~ excluded low data points

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65d53fa4af06359e380fdf19 ~ missed 38 key seller

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65d534009d3e3457790e0e68 ~ excluded 70 from the range for no reason

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65d52f51d015db1aac00a606 ~ excluded a lot of low end sales

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65d5221435aafd7a7b0b299e ~ didnt resugg with spoon or w1seguys comment

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65c319de8f08c87401004beb ~ didn't round correctly

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/658e3fbdcbedb6170e0f999a ~ ignored other sales from last suggestion that was in-daet

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/658e3ce5838a3525770317d5 ~ ignored completed item buyers

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/658e3ad6910d5d052f0a44c1 ~ same as above

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/658e364bf0451e302000ae34 ~ tried to cut a price by 240 keys using a snipe off scm that was clearly an outlier

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/64f25237d1b0a8e7ca03cce8 ~ ignored low sales

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/64e1ca06b1a3cdda1b08ad64 ~ only posted a gladiator link

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/64d738429e2e2c4fe80ecd1c ~ got new sales + additional comments and closed instead of fixing range

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/64cf6b2e0272695bc60e9a68 ~ not really sure what happened here

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/64c8c36022365203c401d5a3 ~ ignored buyers + completed set 

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/64c8b8a2e8fedb67e2000672 ~ ignored buyers

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/64b45510c92706e01f0d68e7 ~ did the wrong math

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/64b308f425b16318160f50c1 ~ ignored marketplace.tf sellers (lol)

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/64b25e6fae38d50138003ce5 ~ added a marketplace.tf sale that was the wrong amount to what it sold for

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/64b259c1c8e3df37030e3ea2 ~ didn't round correctly

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/61109ee01d70cf23e9461c12 ~ ignored sellers

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/608b51be5c4f4412e6646fe7 ~ two mods told you to include a sale which you thought was an outlier...

I'm not saying you're a bad suggestor, and I don't believe I am too, but we all make mistakes. It's an easy game to play and I don't think its really relevant to the core topic regardless, unless you're calling me out to say that it's needed, because I have been suggesting for 10 years and even I don't get it right all the time.

If you have 10 years of experience, why do you still refuse to use standard formats? I remember the rules had a page about standard formats, I was just curious

1 hour ago, JayTuut said:

Also @OGSemper it's very easy to play the game of "you made a mistake here" with suggestions

Here's yours:

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65d8504e7a9353a2230ce5d0 ~ excluded low data points

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65d534009d3e3457790e0e68 ~ excluded 70 from the range for no reason

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65d52f51d015db1aac00a606 ~ excluded a lot of low end sales

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65d5221435aafd7a7b0b299e ~ didnt resugg with spoon or w1seguys comment

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/65c319de8f08c87401004beb ~ didn't round correctly

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/658e3fbdcbedb6170e0f999a ~ ignored other sales from last suggestion that was in-daet

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/658e3ce5838a3525770317d5 ~ ignored completed item buyers

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/658e364bf0451e302000ae34 ~ tried to cut a price by 240 keys using a snipe off scm that was clearly an outlier

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/64e1ca06b1a3cdda1b08ad64 ~ only posted a gladiator link

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/64d738429e2e2c4fe80ecd1c ~ got new sales + additional comments and closed instead of fixing range

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/64cf6b2e0272695bc60e9a68 ~ not really sure what happened here

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/64c8c36022365203c401d5a3 ~ ignored buyers + completed set 

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/64b308f425b16318160f50c1 ~ ignored marketplace.tf sellers (lol)

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/64b25e6fae38d50138003ce5 ~ added a marketplace.tf sale that was the wrong amount to what it sold for

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/64b259c1c8e3df37030e3ea2 ~ didn't round correctly

https://backpack.tf/suggestion/608b51be5c4f4412e6646fe7 ~ two mods told you to include a sale which you thought was an outlier...

I'm not saying you're a bad suggestor, and I don't believe I am too, but we all make mistakes. It's an easy game to play and I don't think its really relevant to the core topic regardless, unless you're calling me out to say that it's needed, because I have been suggesting for 10 years and even I don't get it right all the time.

Thank you for pointing my mistakes out, however this only does prove my claim that we should be able to edit suggestions in realtime and after the 1 hour grace period without having to go through all the hassle again several times potentially, as most of these were invalidated by newer sales or mod request.

there also seems to be an ego of “im better than you” you may be self taught like everyone else but you certainly stand out for the wrong reason here, not that im disagreeing with you on any of your claims, I do indeed think none of this is relevant yet to the thread, but it might be later, new suggestors start at a confidence level of 0, they need as much positive reinforcement as they can get, the whole part of any of this I can agree on is that people need to stop being toxic to first timers, either help or dont get involved at all, it’s that simple.

yet again missing the bigger picture here, A quick quiz won’t really solve any of the individuality problems, it will only further exist to scare insecure suggestor’s away from trying when they are asked exactly what? 

What questions would you ask in this scenario? 

Q: My unusual is 1 of 4, haunted ghosts, for pyro and unpriced

4 hours ago, JayTuut said:

Here's yours:

Holy moly go easy we're not all glued to our screens making constant price suggestions