About Yesterday's MOGGER Case

RussellSproutz

Took em long enough after he got enough profit off of his long sharkmaxxing spree which should've ended a long time ago. At least now i can kick back, drink some choccy milk, and binge watch Pyrocynical's slop channel in peace knowing the mogger cannot mog no mo 🧉😌

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Shoutout to mod team. I know many are upset it took 4+ months for a decision and it wasn’t even a full site ban (I am slightly disappointed too tho), but tbh at the start I though Mog would get away scot free. Report mods do need more credit as they are really understaffed and play a very important role.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dominant said:

Does this mean admins have the power to work around the rules and ban when deemed reasonable based on their own judgement? 

This case is covered by the existing rules 

16 minutes ago, Relish said:

Took em long enough after he got enough profit off of his long sharkmaxxing spree which should've ended a long time ago. At least now i can kick back, drink some choccy milk, and binge watch Pyrocynical's slop channel in peace knowing the mogger cannot mog no mo 🧉😌

I'm more of an optimist. I always think hey better now than later.

4 minutes ago, NobodyNose said:

Shoutout to mod team. I know many are upset it took 4+ months for a decision and it wasn’t even a full site ban (I am slightly disappointed too tho), but tbh at the start I though Mog would get away scot free. Report mods do need more credit as they are really understaffed and play a very important role.

I agree when we were talking about it on the issue a month or 2 ago. I personally thought he'd get away, but hey MOGGER got a premium ban. That's a W on my Book for the Report Mods.

another day,another russell post. now im gonna sleep with some stout shako

First person in backpack.tf history to be premium banned while having ZERO trade offered below highest buyer 🙂

• Confused 3

10 hours ago, TheRenegadeSniper said:

The real question is what is the point of half of Russell's posts at this point. He's our glorified news reporter for shit nobody cares about. In the past week alone I've gotten updates on:

-Random sketchy websites people shouldn't be using being hacked

-Him selling his bonk boy collection

-How I got a Salvaged Crate 40 and 2 Scorched Crates for Free! 

-Discussion on Reinstating the Rule Regarding Obvious Alt Accounts and Backpack-Banned Scammers when there's an open thread about this already.

No offense, but is there not a rule for this stuff? I feel like he's just engagement farming at this point. 

This just seems like average forum stuff to me.  I've seen plenty of actual dumb pointless ('below average') stuff like all those 'my backpack won't load' threads.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, c-to-p said:

First person in backpack.tf history to be premium banned while having ZERO trade offered below highest buyer 🙂

Can’t believe that not only do you know how compares work better than a price mod and a professional suggester, you also know more about backpack rules and reporting systems than two report mods! Mayne they should make you head admin.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, NobodyNose said:

Can’t believe that not only do you know how compares work better than a price mod and a professional suggester, you also know more about backpack rules and reporting systems than two report mods! Mayne they should make you head admin.

Are you stupid or I guess you just haven't been keeping up? Every trade history proof provided. The mods UNDERSTOOD that the compares were wrong, they just said it can still be considered unbalanced even when it is above highest buyer : ) 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, c-to-p said:

Are you stupid or I guess you just haven't been keeping up? Every trade history proof provided. The mods UNDERSTOOD that the compares were wrong, they just said it can still be considered unbalanced even when it is above highest buyer : ) 

The issue was never the trades by themself, the issue was you adding inexperienced players through premium search to offer on their unpriced items/fresh unboxes. If you had just set buy orders at what you paid and got the items that way, nobody would complain. But you went out of your way to add people that in most cases didnt have their items listed on backpack to offer barely above current buy order and made it sound like the deal of the century for them. Heck, you even added people through price check forum threads to lowball them.

As the ban reason explains:

"This user has been found to repeatedly offer unbalanced trades to new users"

You got a premium ban for using it to lowball new traders, not a site ban for sharking/scamming lol.

You are not the first person with a premium ban for that exact reason.

Is it really that hard to understand?

6 hours ago, c-to-p said:

Feel free to argue, with a mod who wasn’t involved in the final decision, in your appeal. Not on the forums.

This thread is not the place for it

• Zeus_Junior locked this topic