About Yesterday's MOGGER Case

RussellSproutz

Yesterday the MOGGER case reached a verdict after 4+ Months.

This user (MOGGER) has been found to repeatedly offer unbalanced trades to new users. Be cautious when they offer on your items and always check the value of items you trade. You can join our forums or discord for trading advice at any time. - Zeussie

Link to case: https://backpack.tf/issue/654554c55fb73bdbd4026d42

Ngl I thought it would get rejected, but I stand corrected, I have faith in Backpack once more. I'm sure others thought MOGGER would face worse repercussions. This probably will be the best outcome.

know he has the right to appeal of course. I guess we'll see what happens then. Best of luck.

Feedback as always is welcome. Have a good Monday.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, RussellSproutz said:

- snip -

Hiya, what is the point of this post? Please explain. 😐

37 minutes ago, OverduePixels said:

Hi OverduePixels. I sincerely thought it was a good thing y'all gave out the verdict tbh. Thought I'd share it with the community as I know only a couple hundred were watching the tracker 

Edit: sorry didn't mean to come off like condescending on the forums and what not and with the issue tracker.

I just thought after four months, it would have been a ban instead of a premium ban. I know people also thought this should have been worse, but I know that this was a very grey area case.

I myself, trying to be unbiased as possible, thought it was the best outcome for all involved though

Ironic given my track history as well.

• Like 1

Finally, tried to stop several people from trading with this dude, all of them got super low balls offers and he was insisting they were fair trades, rip to all he scammed but at least hes banned now  

1 minute ago, WaterBisquitte said:

Finally, tried to stop several people from trading with this dude, all of them got super low balls offers and he was insisting they were fair trades, rip to all he scammed but at least hes banned now  

Just premium banned. He can still operate and trade on BPTF

Damn, my Russellpost prediction was off by like almost a day 😕 But at least he delivered.

Also "stop bullying small traders" :(

4 minutes ago, Heidecker said:

Damn, my Russellpost prediction was off by like almost a day 😕 But at least he delivered.

scam a kid, what's he gonna do? Know what backpack dot tee eff is? /J

5 minutes ago, Heidecker said:

I was supposed to post it yesterday, but I was busy picking up trash at the park with my church, Heidecker and crashed to sleep.

Yeah real Moggers in this aspect is a small trader compared to me lol

And in the aspect of taking of him taking advantage of the small traders as well

47 minutes ago, OverduePixels said:

The real question is what is the point of half of Russell's posts at this point. He's our glorified news reporter for shit nobody cares about. In the past week alone I've gotten updates on:

-Random sketchy websites people shouldn't be using being hacked

-Him selling his bonk boy collection

-How I got a Salvaged Crate 40 and 2 Scorched Crates for Free! 

-Discussion on Reinstating the Rule Regarding Obvious Alt Accounts and Backpack-Banned Scammers when there's an open thread about this already.

No offense, but is there not a rule for this stuff? I feel like he's just engagement farming at this point. 

18 minutes ago, TheRenegadeSniper said:

The real question is what is the point of half of Russell's posts at this point. He's our glorified news reporter for shit nobody cares about. In the past week alone I've gotten updates on:

-Discussion on Reinstating the Rule Regarding Obvious Alt Accounts and Backpack-Banned Scammers when there's an open thread about this already.

No offense, but is there not a rule for this stuff? I feel like he's just engagement farming at this point. 

Doubt it. You should check the discussion for rules with trading with scammers again though I pushed for the reform on that, which resulted in Sin putting in the discussion for the current open thread that has been ongoing about 1.5 weeks ago: 

Edit:
Oh I'm also a small Youtuber as a hobby while I study for school, I do upload stuff. I should probably clip the videos in forums like the other YouTubers who do it such as Fitz. Or I can post some reddit stuff here like Yahi.

5 minutes ago, TheRenegadeSniper said:

He's doing more posts so he can look like a changed dude who is active here when he reapplies for mod. Just you watch.

1 minute ago, Sardeenz said:

He's doing more posts so he can look like a changed dude who is active here when he reapplies for mod. Just you watch.

It's the biggest play of renewal of life though let's be real.

12 minutes ago, TheRenegadeSniper said:

anything goes now this is not discord (you still have to dump your monthly country-next-to-you hate to the great below though)

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

anything goes now this is not discord (you still have to dump your monthly country-next-to-you hate to the great below though)

That's true. This is forums. We talk and discuss here. The best I could get warned about is spam, which I did last week about a viral reddit post dealing with LGBT. Tbh the warning should've been about bigotry.

Anyways , I'll be serious about this topic. I'm sure we've all been waiting for this issue tracker on MOGGER and this result after 4 whole months, I'm satisfied with it.

I am surprised, but glad with this outcome. Does this mean admins have the power to work around the rules and ban when deemed reasonable based on their own judgement? 

More questions:

Is case law is a thing on backpack.tf? Should the rules still be clearified? 

Anyhow, I am glad this person got what they deserved and that technicalities did not hinder the decision. This is progress. 

On another note; it would be cool if not every comment is about Russel. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dominant said:

I am surprised, but glad with this outcome. Does this mean admins have the power to work around the rules and ban when deemed reasonable based on their own judgement? 

More questions:

Is case law is a thing on backpack.tf? Should the rules still be clearified? 

Anyhow, I am glad this person got what they deserved and that technicalities did not hinder the decision. This is progress. 

Like seriously I do agree, Dom. This is a truly a positive outcome. 

48 minutes ago, TheRenegadeSniper said:

When somebody makes a forum post on the forums.. 🤯🤯🤯

2 hours ago, OverduePixels said:

1 hour ago, TheRenegadeSniper said:

The real question is what is the point of half of Russell's posts at this point. He's our glorified news reporter for shit nobody cares about.

Hey actually, cut him some slack a bit. I don't check the issue tracker everyday (nor the discord), and i wouldn'tve noticed the mogger case actually reached a verdict if it weren't for this forum post. So for once, thanks Russell, keep us up to date on happenings in the TF2 trading scene 👍

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, `Yahiamice said:

Hey actually, cut him some slack a bit. I don't check the issue tracker everyday (nor the discord), and i wouldn'tve noticed the mogger case actually reached a verdict if it weren't for this forum post. So for once, thanks Russell, keep us up to date on happenings in the TF2 trading scene 👍

Thank you, yahi. I appreciate you brother.

oooooohmahfuckengod amba thank you for my daily slop my wonderful slop I’m like a pig at the trough 

wendell

2 hours ago, RussellSproutz said:

Just premium banned. He can still operate and trade on BPTF

sad!

6 minutes ago, Bananas said:

oooooohmahfuckengod amba thank you for my daily slop my wonderful slop I’m like a pig at the trough 

wendell

Rofl

4 minutes ago, WaterBisquitte said:

sad!

Fr fr but hey still a premium ban though.