Yes, I sold my dog. Here's why

OrangeZest

To add some context to why I sold my dog:

The pic shown is of my dog, Sky. He's been with my family since he was a puppy, so about 9-10 years.

As of recently, we've been struggling to take care of him for the past half a year, especially after my parents moved back overseas leaving myself and my brother alone to take care of our dog.

Currently I have other personal commitments that take up most of my time, which take a lot of time and energy. I spend quite some time preparing medication and food for my dog, as he is unable to eat properly due to lumps on his neck. Regular dog food simply won’t cut it as they’re too hard and rough to swallow, so I cook food for him in batches. However, it’s gone to a point where I can’t keep this up and my dog would have a better life in a home where he can get more support, and attention.

Gummy is a close IRL friend of mine, so even before this ‘deciding to sell my dog’ talk, he has taken care of my dog at his place in several occasions, and even visited him at my place. They do get along quite well so it’s only natural that I ask him if he’d like to take care of him permanently. 

The only situation where I would give up my dog, is if the ones taking care of him were perfectly capable and had a good relationship with him. Though if Gummy had not been available, I would have to give my dog up for adoption. 

My dog would definitely get a far better quality of life by living in a home where people can take care of him more often than I ever would in my current situation.

While I may joke around at times about selling my dog, this has always been an issue and I definitely felt some relief when I found someone who could continue to care for my dog, as he's been with me through a lot of shit in my life. Gummy would always get a long with my dog when he's around, since he likes animals

I understand this situation taken out of the right context may seem like I’m getting a sick kick out of selling my dog. It obviously isn't easy for me to give my dog away, but as the situation persists, it's what I have to do. I understand taking the conversation without context in the screenshots can give the wrong impression, since Gummy and I love to pull each other's leg a lot in steam or discord chat

photo_2024-02-13_15-15-10.jpg

this seems very genuine and sweet. Ik you've been getting a lot of shit for this but i hope this results in a better quality of life for the dog.
im a big animal lover so i understand peoples hate but lowkey 

based asf lol

As an owner, two dogs and two kittens, seeing the evidence a month ago from Gummy, while making the suggestion for the revised Burning Flames Polar Pullover, it was tough for me to make. Main reason why I left the suggestion in the draft on next backpack.tf for five days was to try and help avoid the drama for you, myself, and Gummy, which has unfortunately failed.

Nonetheless, thank you for sharing the whole story, OrangeZest. Hopefully the TF2 community will understand.

Even despite the hate, I'm glad your story was shared. Best of luck in life brother and also in cashing out. I'm sure your dog, Sky is in good hands with Gummy.

yeah honestly if you are incapable of taking care of him, better he goes to a new home where he can get the love and attention he requires. :3

edit: you really shoulda made this announcement before everything went public lol

this reads like damage control, because you didnt expect the kind of response you'd receive over this

awesome you found someone to take over for you, hopefully they have more time to dedicate to the doggy.

1 hour ago, OrangeZest said:

The only situation where I would give up my dog, is if the ones taking care of him were perfectly capable and had a good relationship with him. Though if Gummy had not been available, I would have to give my dog up for adoption.

this is a contradictory statement, you would only give up the dog to caring people close to him but also you would have given up the dog if a specific dude said no? sounds like theres more than one situation where you'd give up your dog then

1 hour ago, OrangeZest said:

My dog would definitely get a far better quality of life by living in a home where people can take care of him more often than I ever would in my current situation.

i see homeless dudes prioritize their dogs health and food over their own, once again reminding people that you are virtually well off (6 figure inventory just on virtual hats), but i understand not having the time.

once again, its how you handled it with your words, rather than the actions you made. making medicine and food for your dog? awesome!

"LMAOOOOOOO EZ BAG SECURED DUMB DOG I WOULD HAVE DROPPED HIS ASS OFF AT THE POUND FOR FREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!"

A2B08D22-5390-47A2-B4EC-F1CE6BFC96A0.jpg?ex=65dcf6a7&is=65ca81a7&hm=c293770ead3ce6807e0decd8215d0571ad0c475d9221ba65b4483d94a1c88c57&=

this was not the move, and makes you look gross. theres a stereotype already that trader mains are horribly, disgustingly greedy, why did you perpetuate the stereotype?

one thing i remember about taking care of animals is worldview. we do shit everyday, go out meet people talk hang out fuck whatever, at the end of the day we come home and our pets greet us. what do they have? what kind of social life do they live? for most animals, you are their EVERYTHING, and it crushes them when you decide to abandon them, even if its hard for them to show it. the dog has no idea why you just gave it up to another person, and isnt going to get why you arent coming around to play anymore or give belly scratches or cuddle. he/she wont get it, they'll probably die not getting it, and that dog will be thinking of you and your parents on the way out. hope you arent going to be snorting coke off some strippers ass in college while thats happening, but YOLO amirite?!??!?!?!?

leave the jokes for the comedians next time

pic related, my orphaned neo natals i saved outside, they got abandoned with the umbilical cord still on, probably around 48 hours old max.

had to feed them and wipe their asses to use the bathroom every 2-3 hours, 24 hrs a day for 2-3 weeks before they even could start functioning on their own.

in life you make excuses or you make moves, we all prioritize different things.

littlecats.png

bigger.png

45 minutes ago, Bananas said:

pic related, my orphaned neo natals i saved outside, they got abandoned with the umbilical cord still on, probably around 48 hours old max.

had to feed them and wipe their asses to use the bathroom every 2-3 hours, 24 hrs a day for 2-3 weeks before they even could start functioning on their own.

in life you make excuses or you make moves, we all prioritize different things.

littlecats.png

bigger.png

I really respect you sharing your story, Bananas.

I do the same for my two dogs and two kittens as well.

I have four brothers, and we're all in a school. I'm usually taking care of my pets. Heck I even let my kittens sleep on my bed too.

You're right too. You make excuses or you make moves. You do it or don't. There is no try.

I shared it earlier on another post, but I wouldn't mind sharing them here too - 

39 minutes ago, Bananas said:

this reads like damage control, because you didnt expect the kind of response you'd receive over this

once again, its how you handled it with your words, rather than the actions you made.

this was not the move, and makes you look gross. theres a stereotype already that trader mains are horribly, disgustingly greedy, why did you perpetuate the stereotype?

leave the jokes for the comedians next time

dude chill wtf

he was joking with his friend in a private steam chat

he's some guy, not a youtuber making an apology video lmao

47 minutes ago, Bananas said:

the dog has no idea why you just gave it up to another person, and isnt going to get why you arent coming around to play anymore or give belly scratches or cuddle. he/she wont get it, they'll probably die not getting it, and that dog will be thinking of you and your parents on the way out. 

how do you know he isn't going to visit the dog?

they are close IRL friends who visit each other, so that's a weird assumption to make.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, partytrumpet said:

dude chill wtf

they are close IRL friends who visit each other, so that's a weird assumption to make.

No matter how much he comes around or visits the dog will not change a thing the dog is only going to understand it’s with some random stranger it has some familiarity with and is not with it’s proper owners. This also will not help the dog because he will get excited more than likely anytime he gets visited by orangezest thinking and assuming he is probably coming back to take him home when he isn’t. The dog will more than likely not ever understand the situation for obvious reasons. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tylow said:

Regardless of the circumstances as to why the dog is no longer with you it has no place being used in a suggestion and is rather stupid to say you sold it if it was in fact being handed off to a “close friend” 

perfectly said.

20 minutes ago, partytrumpet said:

dude chill wtf

maybe you missed the drama today but you can feel free to read up on the other threads for context, it’s not about the apology or the “sale” it’s about the way zest handled the situation, which was poorly and in bad taste.

visiting the dog is great but it’s not the same as keeping your dog, and it’s still going to wonder when zest is coming back after their play sesh, which probably won’t happen considering zest already said he’s getting busier and busier and can’t take care of the dog anymore because of it.

im not assuming anything. I’m responding to the information being provided. I even said making your dog medicine and food is awesome so it’s not like I’m 100% on hater shit or anything

• Like 2

holy fuck dude I literally spoke to you yesterday it's you???????????? What a coincidence, hope you and your dog are ok.

(Would you take my pet worm for 5 keys plus the 62 for the pmoon)

17 minutes ago, Bananas said:

perfectly said.

maybe you missed the drama today but you can feel free to read up on the other threads for context, it’s not about the apology or the “sale” it’s about the way zest handled the situation, which was poorly and in bad taste.

visiting the dog is great but it’s not the same as keeping your dog, and it’s still going to wonder when zest is coming back after their play sesh, which probably won’t happen considering zest already said he’s getting busier and busier and can’t take care of the dog anymore because of it.

im not assuming anything. I’m responding to the information being provided. I even said making your dog medicine and food is awesome so it’s not like I’m 100% on hater shit or anything

having a dog without the bills or medicine or stuff would be hella epic

Well now actually having more context to this is understandable if you guys are close friends and stuff. I at first thought it was a joke seeing it all over the place, then finding it was real made it crazy thinking a trader gave up his dog for a funny video game hat. Now knowing you guys are close, it doesn't seem AS outlandish and goofy, especially since you thought of just rehoming the dog to him regardless.

You two still got goofy with it and definitely got some funny attention from the tf2 trading community lmao

Ps is that hamster still up for grabs? /j

• Like 2

this entire thing should have been done privately. asking russel to make a fucking price suggestion about it is what started this entire witchhunt. i have a very strong affection towards animals and hearing about this makes my blood boil. but with the context here its more understandable. its still fucked up how you can just do this to a family pet of 10 years. also proving the fact that high tier traders are exeedingly greedy and have no morals when it comes to trading.

6 minutes ago, DaVinchi said:

this entire thing should have been done privately. asking russel to make a fucking price suggestion about it is what started this entire witchhunt. i have a very strong affection towards animals and hearing about this makes my blood boil. but with the context here its more understandable. its still fucked up how you can just do this to a family pet of 10 years. also proving the fact that high tier traders are exeedingly greedy and have no morals when it comes to trading.

Truer words have never been said, DaVinchi.

Edit: I had it my suggestion completed 6 days ago. I just had it saved as a draft using next.backpack.tf. main reason it said it's published 6 days ago and barely people responded now, because I really didn't want this witchhunt. I'm sure Gummy and OrangeZest agree too. All this drama was due to people jumping to conclusions and only having the context that wasn't the whole picture.

24 minutes ago, VC FP RussellSproutz_YT HF said:

Truer words have never been said, DaVinchi.

Edit: I had it my suggestion completed 6 days ago. I just had it saved as a draft using next.backpack.tf. main reason it said it's published 6 days ago and barely people responded now, because I really didn't want this witchhunt. I'm sure Gummy and OrangeZest agree too. All this drama was due to people jumping to conclusions and only having the context that wasn't the whole picture.

You agree with him I’m assuming in the sense that this should have stayed private and was handled poorly and you had at minimum 5 days to not post the suggestion yet you went through with it? How does that make sense where is your logic behind that? Not to mention why post it prematurely without the full context? I absolutely am shocked at your thought process bro…

21 minutes ago, Tylow said:

You agree with him I’m assuming in the sense that this should have stayed private and was handled poorly and you had at minimum 5 days to not post the suggestion yet you went through with it? How does that make sense where is your logic behind that? Not to mention why post it prematurely without the full context? I absolutely am shocked at your thought process bro…

No, I agreed that it was due to the witchhunt that started with the suggestion. On Sunday, Gummy was asking me about the progress of the suggestion. I told him my concerns about it. I asked him about the screenshots of the dog. He said I should just go through with what I was provided since it does show agreement with him and OrangeZest albeit in a joking manner and he'll give me the dog screenshots when he gets them. Gummy didn't inform me of everything as well. All he gave were those screenshots bro and they agreed on the proposition with virtual items mentioned in the suggestion and Ozest's Dog. Unfortunately, people want to take it out of context and cause drama. Jump to conclusions, take shots, and ask questions later. I even tried to mitigate this on my YouTube channel as well, but it was already out of control by then. I have had this suggestion and evidence for a month and decided this was the best way to put my suggestion, so I can make the best of what I can do. I take acknowledgment of my mistakes and will have to screen people's requests for suggestions from here on. I simply did what I was requested to and I also did make the previous suggestion on the Burning Flames Polar Pullover. I don't get paid for my suggestions, since this is a hobby when I'm studying at school to become a Telehealth Nurse. I simply wanted an accurate representation of the price. Either way, my suggestion does have a chance with the revisions ofc depending on what the backpack mods will say and I have both drafts ready when feedback is said.