Have we hit the top?

Vidual Cadet

Keys are at an almost all time low, miscs and halloweens are dropping in price, and it feels like hats doesn't move around. If you look at effects like darkblaze, it almost seems as no one is paying these pure prices, and we only do hat trading, which leads to overvaluation. Is this the beggining of the end, or just some healthy stagnation. Personally, I understand that people are not paying these prices, cause some of them are wild, and a lot of traders (Including me) have gotten used to stuff just selling, hence long listing times on godtiers. Me and some of my friends who are also involved in the traderspace have had this feeling, that we're walking on thin ice. What do you guys think?

Nah I’ve made like 1000 keys profit this month I’m not worried at all. Keys will go back up in time but I do think the misc market is stagnating because everything got too expensive. 

10 minutes ago, OFWGKTA said:

Just because you struggled selling your Little buddy and had to quicksell it halloweens aint dropping. Skill issue tbh.

needed keys

3 minutes ago, OFWGKTA said:

Cope. You quicksold it today and made a post about it today, pretty obvious. It's all good though. 

You’re missing the point though, all he’s saying is that halloweens never sell for the listed pure buyout anymore because no one is willing to pay that price in keys. They’ve been so inflated via hat for hat trades that they don’t really seem to have a set value now.

3 minutes ago, shady_ said:

You’re missing the point though, all he’s saying is that halloweens never sell for the listed pure buyout anymore because no one is willing to pay that price in keys. They’ve been so inflated via hat for hat trades that they don’t really seem to have a set value now.

They do though.

30 minutes ago, shady_ said:

Yea, but definitely not as often.

Kinda common sense though? I mean more people have 200-300 pure lying around than they do 500+

trading isn’t dead (coming from king of pessimism here) it’s just extra slowed down

economy isn’t great irl I haven’t put nearly as much “fun money” towards tf2 hats recently and im assuming it’s the same for a lot of my middle class brothers

those with extra/those doing good in this economy will still have money to spare, it’s just the more expensive you go less buyers will be there

i sold a rev rack eyewear for 200 pure like a week ago

not even close

the tf2 market is quite reflective of the state of the economy, and as Bananas said, not many have much 'spending money' to go and buy virtual items.

sales are very consistent for me at least, likely because of my inventory size but still....

there was a time of extremely slow trading from december 2022 to feb 2023, but clearly things picked back up

the drop of keys also has to do with CS2 market going bust, so something we can't control

• Like 3

I think its entirely fair to say that halloweens and miscs are not the same "free money" that they were for the past 2-3~ years.

Whether its due to the current irl economic state, cs2's market crash, or just the market correcting due to unimpeded price rises for those types of items for a significant portion of time, it has definitely become RELATIVELY harder to sell weens and miscs for profit recently.

Doesn't mean that the economy is in any way dying though lol

• Like 2

misc an weens are down

cs2 market is hyper fluctuating 

cs2 has a direct relationships with tf2 key prices

keys are low

everything else is pretty much the same

I disagree with most of what you have said. On the topic of old Halloweens; what I do find valid is stating that old Halloween Unusuals seldom sell for pure. It has been like this for years now. Old Halloweens tend to sell for other old Halloweens. Not surprisingly, almost all old Halloweens are owned by big traders. It has been a circle jerk inflating prices all along. Who would have guessed? 

8 hours ago, FishtheFish said:

Kinda common sense though? I mean more people have 200-300 pure lying around than they do 500+

Exactly, no one wants to drop $1000+ on funny pixels. That's why low-mid tier trading is pretty much the same while anything over 500 keys has stagnated.

Sometimes I feel like one of the only traders remaining that does not care about unusuals or spells. Nor do I want to support Valve financially by buying more hween or smissmass garbage this year. I want to amass a cool collection of items, putting all my eggs into one basket every time by buying a "high tier" unusual just to sit on it for months waiting for it to sell does not achieve this goal.

I've been a for profit trader for well over 10 years, it's never been this difficult to make even a small profit consistently. If you're comfortable putting $$$ in and want a specific item, go for it, if you are looking for quick and easy profit TF2 trading ain't it anymore.

9 hours ago, Bukz said:

Sometimes I feel like one of the only traders remaining that does not care about unusuals or spells. Nor do I want to support Valve financially by buying more hween or smissmass garbage this year. I want to amass a cool collection of items, putting all my eggs into one basket every time by buying a "high tier" unusual just to sit on it for months waiting for it to sell does not achieve this goal.

I've been a for profit trader for well over 10 years, it's never been this difficult to make even a small profit consistently. If you're comfortable putting $$$ in and want a specific item, go for it, if you are looking for quick and easy profit TF2 trading ain't it anymore.

I am way too guilty of putting far too much of my inventory value into single items lol… I just buy things I like, I stopped buying things I thought would make me money over things that look good and generally that’s worked out better for me. But that still results in the habit of buying hats so expensive only the top 5000 inventories can really afford. 

10 hours ago, Bukz said:

Nor do I want to support Valve financially by buying more hween or smissmass garbage this year. 

You couldn't even buy one. 160 keys inv.

10 hours ago, Bukz said:

Definitely not worth trading if you've been trading for 10 years and you are sitting at 280$ with highest inv value being sub 900$.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, OFWGKTA said:

nonsense

I've cashed out hundreds of dollars worth of keys multiple times over the years, I'm not that serious about it anymore and only keep some play money around to trade for things that catch my eye. Stay cancerous though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bukz said:

I've cashed out hundreds of dollars worth of keys multiple times over the years, I'm not that serious about it anymore and only keep some play money around to trade for things that catch my eye. Stay cancerous though.

image.png.11e9fac8754f3bfa4d3e6276183a3fc3.png

Keep coping.

• Haha 3

YALL REALLY SAYING THIS TYPA SHIT FR "KEYS LOW NEW BEGINNING? MARKET CRASH???"

NO THIS SHITTY ASS ECONOMY IS GONNA LIVE FOREVER WE WILL ALL DIE BEFORE THE ECONOMY WORKS AGAIN

• Like 1