Unusual Factory New Gift Wrapped War Paint: Worth more as-is or after use?

KyuubiMitsuru

So I just unboxed a Factory New Gift Wrapped War Paint with the Hot Unusual effect. I'm still fairly new to the modern trading scene, having not been active in TF2 since about 2015, so forgive me if this is a silly question. Would this be worth more as it is, or would it be worth more applied to a weapon? I have a week before it's tradeable anyway, so I have time to think it over. Worst case, I'll just throw it on the Community Market.

Screenshot_35.png

1 hour ago, Alecto said:

Always

Always

Always worth more and easier to sell as a paint rather than as a weapon.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind

12 hours ago, KyuubiMitsuru said:

So I just unboxed a Factory New Gift Wrapped War Paint with the Hot Unusual effect. I'm still fairly new to the modern trading scene, having not been active in TF2 since about 2015, so forgive me if this is a silly question. Would this be worth more as it is, or would it be worth more applied to a weapon? I have a week before it's tradeable anyway, so I have time to think it over. Worst case, I'll just throw it on the Community Market.

Screenshot_35.png

It's worth more as a warpaint by itself, because theres more options for the buyer to do what they want with it. If you ever get a good unbox and plan on selling it, don't apply it. Only apply if you're keeping it for yourself.