Backpack Automatic Refresh Script (2023 edition)

Abstract

It's been a while since I made my previous backpack refresh script (https://forums.backpack.tf/topic/75203-backpack-automatic-refresh-script/) which essentially spam clicked the refresh button unless you properly tweaked it.

With Steam somehow being even more unreliable than it was two years ago, I decided to make another quick script that uses Backpack.tf's API to refresh instead of relying on the backpack webpage that eats up your RAM every refresh.

image.png.256c0d4e38b0cf0f109bc64894de73f4.png

Download + installation instructions:

https://gitlab.com/carbonwind/backpack-automatic-refresher-redux

• Abstract featured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 6:18 PM, 🔥Master Throne Crimson🔥 said:

Aww, so its not a tampermonkey script to integrate into backpack.tf like before

Yeah, it's so that I could leave it running while I'm sleeping with SSH on my Raspberry Pi.  @Moder112 did ask me if he could make a userscript port and I didn't mind, so maybe he might be willing to share it.

• Astonished 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! I ran the program but it keeps telling me status code 500 (Internal Server Error)

Idk what to do about it so ive been letting it run in the background.

Any advise?

6 hours ago, dicksnip said:

Hello! I ran the program but it keeps telling me status code 500 (Internal Server Error)

Idk what to do about it so ive been letting it run in the background.

Any advise?

This means Backpack.tf's API server is having trouble. You just need to wait and run the script later when that's the case.

20 hours ago, Lord of The Ping said:

Hi,
How can I modify the refresh time from the script?

it's set to 3 min

The time to wait before the next refresh is determined automatically based on the API server's response. This is not something you can change to make it faster, unfortunately.

• Abstract changed the title to Backpack Automatic Refresh Script (2023 edition)
3 hours ago, Rushens said:

Python won't open up the script, and when i put the ID64 it just closes image.png.d32ded8361153711d470cee56a089ee8.png

Make sure you're opening up the command prompt inside the folder that the refreshbp.py file is downloaded to. 
For example if you downloaded it to your Downloads folder, go to your downloads folder, hold shift and right click to open a powershell window there. After this the "python refreshbp.py" command should work
tXxbMLT.png

What should i type when it says "Enter your ID64"? I checked it on Steamfinder and there are 2 of them. One is the link, and other is a number. When i am entering the link, its now working, when number, than yes, but i can put any other number and it will work as well. So, what should i do? Does it matter what i type?

4 hours ago, WildBorov said:

What should i type when it says "Enter your ID64"? I checked it on Steamfinder and there are 2 of them. One is the link, and other is a number. When i am entering the link, its now working, when number, than yes, but i can put any other number and it will work as well. So, what should i do? Does it matter what i type?

Your ID64 is the part highlighted below (when looking up your profile). You'll find something similar if you go on your backpack profile page

image.png.5cb66ffd44b3ad744357e07b1953b6cd.png

image.png.5142b1af4763d0dd66cb2039c529624c.png

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

pip install colorama requests doesnt work,what can i do about it? it says invalid syntax

Where are you trying to run this command from? If you used the command line or Powershell to run the command, make sure that you checked "Add to PATH" when installing Python otherwise the pip command won't work.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Abstract said:

Where are you trying to run this command from? If you used the command line or Powershell to run the command, make sure that you checked "Add to PATH" when installing Python otherwise the pip command won't work.

python,downloading it from cmd solved my issue thank you 

13 minutes ago, psilocybe said:

I stored my id in the variable directly instead of asking for input, why dont you do that?

image.png.8d11ccdfa004ded27005192775cd20bb.png

Because maybe someone doesn't want to refresh only their backpack, they might also want to refresh someone else's backpack for example. Nothing stops you from editing the script and putting your own ID64 though.

44 minutes ago, Abstract said:

Because maybe someone doesn't want to refresh only their backpack, they might also want to refresh someone else's backpack for example. Nothing stops you from editing the script and putting your own ID64 though.

I see, fair enough

• 1 month later...