Backpack Automatic Refresh Script (Old version)

Abstract

Note: This script is old and might not work as intended if Backpack.tf and/or Steam is exceedingly unstable.

A more reliable and up to date script can be found here:

-----

This script is for those who want to put a listing on the website right away or check someone's up to date backpack, but can't because Steam is always unreliable.

Save yourself the frustration of obsessively clicking the refresh button using the power of automation!

Whipped up at 4 AM during my insomnia a few weeks ago, this little userscript I made adds an automatic refresh button that refreshes the backpack a set amount of times and/or until the backpack is properly loaded (no errors / fallback).

It's a bit rough around the edges, but covers most use cases (at least mine).

JOzX0wR.png

cTzQwmW.png

Known issues:

• If you leave the script running in the background (tabbed out/minimized), it'll be slower.

Prerequisites:

• A browser that isn't Internet Explorer (Chrome, Firefox, etc...)
  • Tampermonkey / Violentmonkey (those are the ones I tested, Greasemonkey probably works too)

Code (licensed under the WTFPL: https://pastebin.com/raw/6gsmqGgQ

Edited by Abstract
Add note and new implementation

Working in Greasemonkey, just needed to change the file name to end in .user.js. Thank you for this, it's much faster than the auto page refresh add-on I was using before.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Uncertain said:

until the backpack is properly loaded (no errors / fallback).

You can list items in fallback now, so having it load as fallback should maybe also stop it

1 hour ago, Zeus_Junior said:

You can list items in fallback now, so having it load as fallback should maybe also stop it

Might put a togglable option to stop on fallback in a future update. Sometimes it's nice to be able to see the history of an item in another backpack, but it ends up not being available because it's in fallback (like the example screenshot I put).

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to mention that the delay to refresh the inventory can be changed in the code towards the end. Value is in milliseconds, so 1000 is 1 second. With Steam's API being even worse than it was when I made this script, I personally set the delay higher so that it refreshes while I sleep.

X6S3Pu1.png

@Uncertain Maybe it'd be good to get a tampermonkey install button? As you could update it yourself if you like and it would register, rather than manually adding it ourselves. Just incase any updates or just to show ur a cool kid idk

1 hour ago, JayTuut said:

@Uncertain Maybe it'd be good to get a tampermonkey install button? As you could update it yourself if you like and it would register, rather than manually adding it ourselves. Just incase any updates or just to show ur a cool kid idk

I'll do that a little later. Might create a Git repo as well once I make a more permanent and cleaner solution.

so is this actually works? did anyone managed to get non fallback inventory with it?
i tried it couple of times but it didnt worked for me 

this entire situation kinda sucks because this is the only way to check the decal on the objector i know
the tf2tools is broken as well 

On 7/25/2020 at 6:11 PM, ceno0 said:

so is this actually works? did anyone managed to get non fallback inventory with it?
i tried it couple of times but it didnt worked for me 

this entire situation kinda sucks because this is the only way to check the decal on the objector i know
the tf2tools is broken as well 

It works if you tweak the refresh interval to be slower (see earlier post) and increase the refresh limit. At the time of making the script, it was easier to have your backpack properly loaded.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

it does exist a sciprt that show the stats/ classified button, like.. to do bump the buy orders faster ? (sorry for my bad english )

On 9/24/2020 at 4:06 PM, ElspyLech 📱✔ ⇌ said:

it does exist a sciprt that show the stats/ classified button, like.. to do bump the buy orders faster ? (sorry for my bad english )

um no, a script of that sort is not publicly available. It looks like you have premium so all you need to do to bump your listings is refresh the page while you're on backpack.tf and they all get bumped automatically.

8 hours ago, phenompak said:

um no, a script of that sort is not publicly available. It looks like you have premium so all you need to do to bump your listings is refresh the page while you're on backpack.tf and they all get bumped automatically.

mm i dont know how i can explain it, like, add a button that links more fast to stats

On 9/26/2020 at 3:03 PM, phenompak said:

My description was very bad, but my question it is exist a script that show like that the classified, ( i do autobid the buy orders manually, and that option ill save me a lot of time and clicks)

Screenshot_12.png

11 hours ago, ElspyLech 📱✔ ⇌ said:

My description was very bad, but my question it is exist a script that show like that the classified, ( i do autobid the buy orders manually, and that option ill save me a lot of time and clicks)

Screenshot_12.png

You do know that this exists in the hover right

image.png.cd7f666fd098804aeb699a01de3b2552.png

Y

2 hours ago, Zeus_Junior said:

You do know that this exists in the hover right

image.png.cd7f666fd098804aeb699a01de3b2552.png

Yeah,But do that with +100 classified is stressing

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 5/30/2021 at 10:48 AM, JayTuut said:

Very good thankyou @Abstract just came here to find it

Man, already 1 year since I made this quick script. Time flies

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Abstract changed the title to Backpack Automatic Refresh Script (Old version)