Is there anyway to get free items in tf2?

kkamikaze

brother, if there was an easy way to get items, it would not be easy and there would be no more free items

ask your mom for her credit card, tell her you need to buy a $150 science book to excel in your studies, then use that money to get b.a.s.e jumpers for a dollar each.

5 hours ago, 3.50 said:

Just ask everyone, most people are more than happy to give out free items and won't get annoyed at all

This is very true, just add the guy above me and he'll be more than happy to send a few unusuals your way

Achievement items and random drops.

Learn how to do SFM pretty well and charge people a few ref for posters / profile pictures

If you're REALLY desperate you can try really hard to pretend you're a girl and integrate into some small TF2 community servers (like Jailbreak and what not), make friends there, and eventually use "I'm a girl and I'm single :P" to convince people to give you free shit for attention.

Or you could just get a job, or do some chores around the house for some money from your parents if you're not an adult, because $10 an hour will get you more items than you'll ever get from begging or doing the girl thing.

Live in one of these states.

Pickup cans and bottles in the highway ditches. Or dumpster dive gas stations I don't judge.

After collecting ~100, exchange them for a $5 steam giftcard.

"Free items"

• Like 2

tf2's tradable items form part of the game's economy so no, there is no way to get free items any more than you can get free money

as has already been said here, you can get random drops from the ingame system, however these are near-worthless in terms of value
you can also get free items for completing certain achievements, however these are untradable
and lastly you can try scraptf raffles although don't expect to win very often, typically once every 250-500 raffles

however, it's very possible to profit from trading! even if you start with a small amount, you can build your way up to a nice backpack if you're prepared to put in the time and effort, in fact that's how a good chunk of the big BPs got where they are now

1 hour ago, kkamikaze said:

thank you!

these are very useful

you're welcome. I made a similar forum post a while back and got a similar backlash as you did, (but didn't listen to them obviously) and found a variety of websites which do exactly what everyone had said was impossible

20 hours ago, Booker D. Maximilian Louis said:

you're welcome. I made a similar forum post a while back and got a similar backlash as you did, (but didn't listen to them obviously) and found a variety of websites which do exactly what everyone had said was impossible

I can't help but note that in the end, you did just buy a key despite your protests. Also, you're now in China rather than Ghana.

Achievements are a good option, there are some pretty cool items you can get. I'd recommend going to a achievement idle community server to get them the fastest.