"The user has been warned"

Mr.demon kraken

One thing i don't get is when do people get bans?

Ok, so a while ago i didn't know how to make custom buy orders with paints and i declined the trades for a few days and got no warning or listings removed, and after a few days i got a 24h listing ban without a warning before hand.

While it feels like some traders ignore/decline trades and get endless warnings (especially bots). 

I surf the issue tracker a lot and i am more confused about this, is this just favortism by the mods? Since here it shows a user malicously abusing the system and not getting a ban while also having multiple warnings.

the rules are made up real time and the enforcement is random!

basically no action is taken on classifieds infractions; theres been threads before.

Bots/people don't have to honor every listing and supposedly they track excessive failure to honor, which is not exactly a measurable or concrete thing.

backpack.tf staff are too understaffed to be effective. There's lots of higher-tier traders that are more than deserving of permanent bans yet have been getting away with breaking the rules for years even with reports on them.

People straight up use buy orders to bump up the value of their own hats, I'm shocked anyone got a listing ban for anything, much less for what you did. 

Archived