Bot autobumping past sell orders

Toad

Update: See comment at end of this page

"How do I make money?"

image.thumb.png.fc49635c576845ec940e5bc67259265a.png

Our old friend is back at it again. Reference:

He autobumps his buy orders even if they go past the sell orders. Does this mean if you put in a buy order for 100 keys, he'll instantly put one for 100 keys + a ref? Yup. But he won't honor the trade, ignore it, or block you so he doesn't have to do the trade and can avoid the ban like he's done with most of us.

It's going to come a point where us other traders are going to follow his tactics because he literally gets to pick and choose what buy orders he fulfills. It'd make sense to have a rule stating you couldn't have your buy order past sell orders, but I'm not in charge of the rules.

He continues to ruin buyorders.

classifieds rules are weak both ways

sellers that don't take their buyouts

buyers that don't pay what they've listed

I fundamentally don't understand why there aren't LONG TERM bans.

Yes the mods will say, yet again, report them we'll do something.

And we'll see the same buyer/seller behavior until the end of time, because nothing meaningful is done.

18 minutes ago, LaughingLollipop said:

classifieds rules are weak both ways

sellers that don't take their buyouts

buyers that don't pay what they've listed

I fundamentally don't understand why there aren't LONG TERM bans.

Yes the mods will say, yet again, report them we'll do something.

And we'll see the same buyer/seller behavior until the end of time, because nothing meaningful is done.

Sometimes people won't even get punished OR warned, they'll just have their listing taken down with 0 notifications and they'll think that it was "a bug" and relist it immediately without repercussion. I think a separate punishment like "Classifieds listing bans" might do decent against classifieds abusers if that's possible.

I've had many bots decline my offer for the exact amount they were buying for and instantly relist it to match all of the other buyers and resends the offer with the lower amount and the message "Your offer contains wrong value. You've probably made a few mistakes, here's the correct offer." Even on ones that have been up for 10+ hours. It has been happening more frequently lately.

Except he's not a bot? There's not a single bot above sell orders in the first place in your screenshot. And besides, even if all bots follow, that just means the old sell orders were low. It's not like it hasn't happened before. 

35 minutes ago, Very Frank said:

Except he's not a bot? There's not a single bot above sell orders in the first place in your screenshot. And besides, even if all bots follow, that just means the old sell orders were low. It's not like it hasn't happened before. 

Devil May Cry bots his listings, this has been well known for some time now.

1 hour ago, Burning Mann said:

I've had many bots decline my offer for the exact amount they were buying for and instantly relist it to match all of the other buyers and resends the offer with the lower amount and the message "Your offer contains wrong value. You've probably made a few mistakes, here's the correct offer." Even on ones that have been up for 10+ hours. It has been happening more frequently lately.

this happened to me today but the trade offer expired. was wondering what the deal with that was.

11 hours ago, Seminal Inhalation said:

Sometimes people won't even get punished OR warned, they'll just have their listing taken down with 0 notifications and they'll think that it was "a bug" and relist it immediately without repercussion. I think a separate punishment like "Classifieds listing bans" might do decent against classifieds abusers if that's possible.

What? You always get a notification if a listing is removed by a mod. Nearly all cases also includes an extra notification with a message from a mod in thread form stating why it was removed.

Classifieds bans exist, we use them.

3 hours ago, Zeus_Junior said:

What? You always get a notification if a listing is removed by a mod. Nearly all cases also includes an extra notification with a message from a mod in thread form stating why it was removed.

Classifieds bans exist, we use them.

Can you use one on Devil May Cry then

@Zeus_Junior

its funny because when i put a B/O of 1 key for 3 tickets; which there are atleast 2 at any given moment, i get 24 hour ban. thats fine i accept it since its on the rules. but when this guy abuses b/o and gets off with a warning? 

where is the line? from what i understand if there are multiple reports concentrated within a time period then it leads to some sort of action. But going through the last post it seemed that one of the mods outright said (paraphrasing) since it has been 3+ months since the report was opened; we are gonna let it go. ?? 

i think there were a few expectations to take action which would go beyond only warnings, if you don't perma ban this user for multiple offences how about atleast 24 hour/48 hour or even 72 for each repeated offences? 

the repeated lack of action by pixel was viewed as the mod (pixel) trying to defend devil a user who (i believe the reason is because) has a inventory with significance - and when you put these two together the response doesn't look very biased or corrupt. However due to the contributors, the post it was a horrible rant rather than a productive conversation. 

i just want to understand what are the exact protocols for banning/warning? are you able to see exactly how many offences a certain user has made in total when making a descision? 

To be honest till reading linked post i didnt even know you could apply to be a moderator - i thought the mods were chosen from the start of backpack creation and haven't changed since then. If you are having trouble with the lack of moderators why dont you advertise you can join the team. I'm pretty sure many people would do it for free like they have already with suggestions. 

So a second part of my equiry would be: how do you become a mod? and how what requirements do you need to meet? 

A reply here or in dms is appreciated. 

This user has a clear history of abusing the system, multiple high level traders are explaining how he's been circumventing bans, and when he's still clearly abusing buy orders... I don't know anymore. I said in the linked thread above he has a connection with a mod(s) or admin(s) and it seems like this can't be denied anymore. So fucking tired of this outright corruption and a lack of action.

This is what will likely happen very soon by the unusual trading community:

Much of the unusual trading community will copy him (I am not saying I will). Put unreasonably high buy orders up, block people who send offers that meet the order, and then lower the order. It's a way to get to pick and choose what offers you get -- block the guy who offered you nuts n' bolts, accept the offer for a higher tier effect. Or, let the trade expire, perhaps even have your metal/keys constantly go unavailable.

This is what he does, and I can absolutely assure you mods, this will destroy buy orders sooner rather than later. I've already suggested the user be outright banned or perhaps instate a rule to not list buy orders past sell orders, but until then, shit won't be pretty on unusual classifieds. 

Remember when an admin replied in the old thread "So, think carefully and make sure you guys are okay with going forward with a stricter rules regarding this issue. Do not circle back about catching bans if you want to head into a stricter direction. " and everyone collectively said "YES ENFORCE THE RULES" and here we are with about 0 change? Good times.

Oh boy this guy.

I regret that I didn't report when he pulled this shit on me. I kept putting it off until it was too late.

dmc1.thumb.png.c731618c78243b8958d54e84c6225ba9.pngdmc2.thumb.png.25cd1eaa4e062eea0fc239b8d2c82e52.png

Can't find the trade declined screenshot, but as you can see by my listings I still have that crap hat, so he clearly didn't accept lmao.

6 hours ago, w0lk said:

Bot trading was a mistake

If he was an actual bot he'd be forced to accept, he's just a scripter.

Nobody likes scripters

30 minutes ago, Moder112 said:

If he was an actual bot he'd be forced to accept, he's just a scripter.

Nobody likes scripters

Not really, some bots have their listings but they just resend to match with lower listings, which is incredibly frustrating

I got a 24h classified ban for not knowing how to make custom buy orders with paints. While people like this get to walk free without ANY suspension.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update 2/27/2022

Just had all my listings removed when I tried to compete with this user, I was told that I am "selective trading." User is still bumping his trades past sell orders. And for the last ~2 weeks, I've posted (and deleted some) forum statuses of instances, posted on my steam profile, and posted above where this was happening. This comment sums it up well:

image.png.aef1c3c57f86da4c2096133eb0d60041.png

As of 2/27/2022, I checked a random 10 listings and found 3 that either met or exceeded the sell orders: https://imgur.com/a/bRN7mMj Of those 10, there were a few that were extremely close to the lowest seller -- any unusual trader would tell you this is asking to lose money and he's doing something shady.

In the 2 weeks I've noticed behavior from this user:

-Bumps his buy orders to at/above sell orders then lowers it when he gets a trade.

-From the trade offers I received, it's clear he is ignoring offers and accepting the best ones. People are sending me offers even though his offers are higher because he doesn't accept them / accepts the best effect. His backpack history supports this.

-He is only "online"/bumps his trades about once a day, helping to avoid reports and detection. He then accepts only the best offer, making his metal/keys no longer available. 

-As I mentioned before, he often blocks users who have sent him offers that meet his buy orders, meaning he literally cannot trade them.

Archived