Feedback on my Guide II (trading etiquette for new traders, comes with a free quiz!)

[RCR] The Red Cross

Thank you all for giving me feedback on my last guide (painted item pricing)

This new one is hopefully going to help newer players to treat other traders with more respect, and gain respect for themselves.

As always, please try and be constructive and remember that this is aimed at newer players. What high-tier traders do isn't necessarily worth teaching newer players at this stage in their trading journey. 

Link to guide

The quiz is in the last section, I would love to know how you do!

19 minutes ago, [RCR] The Red Cross said:

Thank you all for giving me feedback on my last guide (painted item pricing)

This new one is hopefully going to help newer players to treat other traders with more respect, and gain respect for themselves.

As always, please try and be constructive and remember that this is aimed at newer players. What high-tier traders do isn't necessarily worth teaching newer players at this stage in their trading journey. 

Link to guide

The quiz is in the last section, I would love to know how you do!

Looks fairly good. A couple things could be added like -

Backpack.tf prices aren't always 100% accurate and item prices can be higher or lower than their current backpack.tf price and people should do their own research on item(s) if they are uncertain about.

Profile +reps do not mean anything since there is no way to tell if a profile rep holds any merit because:
1. The profile owner has sole moderation of their comments and can delete comments calling them out for shady things while keeping ones that make them look good.
2. +reps can easily be faked, via friends and alt accounts. 
3. Phishing bots also leave fake +reps on profiles telling you to add them so they can scam you/hijack your steam account.

6 minutes ago, Seminal Inhalation said:

Looks fairly good. A couple things could be added like -

Backpack.tf prices aren't always 100% accurate and item prices can be higher or lower than their current backpack.tf price and people should do their own research on item(s) if they are uncertain about.

Profile +reps do not mean anything since there is no way to tell if a profile rep holds any merit because:
1. The profile owner has sole moderation of their comments and can delete comments calling them out for shady things while keeping ones that make them look good.
2. +reps can easily be faked, via friends and alt accounts. 
3. Phishing bots also leave fake +reps on profiles telling you to add them so they can scam you/hijack your steam account.

In the paint pricing guide I think I have outlined the pricing of backpack.tf. I don't think it's too relevant in the etiquette guide but I could add it in the notes.

I have added a comment in the 'staying safe' section remind people that +reps can be faked. 

Thanks for your feedback

Archived