How do you guys manage your inventories?

iPlayer

Hey

Just used another Backpack Expander. I'm feeling dumb moving all my items 1 by 1. I see it's possible to select multiple items in my backpack, but however I can't move them in groups.

Moving like 10 pages of items results in manual dragging and dropping like 500 items. I must be missing something.

How do you do that?

Without sorting? I've got a pretty crate collection that I have to keep in order. There's no option to pin/stick several items so that they won't get sorted, is there?

In the top right hand corner there is a drop down menu which allows you to sort by type, class etc.

Edit: Ninja'd

I also wanted to dedicate 1 page for each class. Sorting would mess all these things up.

Valve can't be that stupid, there must be a way.

I also wanted to dedicate 1 page for each class. Sorting would mess all these things up.

Valve can't be that stupid, there must be a way.

Valve can't be that stupid

---------------

Um if you sort by type, class, etc... the crates will always be together (in order) somewhere on the first pages, not?

at the start,i just hoarded keys at the end. and my items were put nicely on the other pages,before

each page dedicated to miscs / hats / paints etc.

then i acccidently hit the auto sort,and well i don't feel like moving my keys,or anything else again lol. so it'll stay atrocious as it is

Um if you sort by type, class, etc... the crates will always be together (in order) somewhere on the first pages, not?

Oh yeah, somewhere on 3 pages together while they can be placed on 2.

Also they won't be in order (if I recall correctly). Some special crate series will be placed before crate #1.

As said, not everybody uses autosorting. I'll dedicate 1 page for each class, for example.

Jengerer's item manager

Third-party executable. Though everybody's sure you won't get banned, Valve is no more a crew of developers who cares about their customers. It's a corporation. Nobody knows how dumb they can act accidently

Jengerer's item manager

Thank me later :)

I can't get that to move multiple items at the same time either. How do you do that?

Wait, what's the point of being able to select multiple items in backpack if you can't move them all together?

I can't get that to move multiple items at the same time either. How do you do that?

You can't. Valve actually did not allow that to be implemented.

But it's still 100x more convenient than starting TF2.

I think at everyone who has their backpacks sorted some way besides randomly or by class has a terrible fear of ever hitting the 'sort' button.

I think at everyone who has their backpacks sorted some way besides randomly or by class has a terrible fear of ever hitting the 'sort' button.

You have no idea... 

I've spent hours putting my precious collection items in perfect places, and sorting this and that. I manually sorted all of my classes into their own page, left a couple pages at the start for new items and untradables... ugh. Just the thought of mis-clicking and hitting that button scares me. 

"I fear no man, but that thing... it scares me."

Yes we do. Mine got accidentally sorted a couple months ago, and to get back to where I was, it's hard summoning up the effort to undertake such a task (especially with it being a 40 page backpack).

You have no idea... 

I've spent hours putting my precious collection items in perfect places, and sorting this and that. I manually sorted all of my classes into their own page, left a couple pages at the start for new items and untradables... ugh. Just the thought of mis-clicking and hitting that button scares me. 

"I fear no man, but that thing... it scares me."

My backpack was super tidy once. Like the paints were sorted, weapons, hats, everything. Then I accidentally hit the sort button...had to live with it, and I guess I got used to it

Archived