Christian Views on Dinosaurs?

ThatOtherChigga #Mack

And religion isn't "way too perfect"? One magical book written by some author (who probably meant to use it as anti-Roman propaganda) that explains everything isn't "too perfect"?. There are thousands of religions, and each one is based upon blind faith and manipulation. Science actually uses evidence, not claims by ancient texts. For example, the Church placed blind faith in the Roman doctor Galen, whose work was based on animals such as pigs. In the 1500s, his work was disproved by scientists/doctors who had to perform illegal human dissection due to the Church banning human dissection unless it was to prove Galen correct and in a university.

Once again Shamfurr, you hit the nail on the head. Jon, how can you presume to say that the evolution theory is too perfect, when you base your claims upon a book which seems to have an answer to everything.

I'm sorry, but I can't take you seriously if you use the Bible as a historical and scientific source.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, I'm Christian. Dinosaurs are cool. Evolution is cool. Science is cool. The entire point of Adam and Eve was for it to be a metaphor. Each "day" of creation was actually thousands of years, Adam and Eve were just there to symbolize the beginning of humanity. I'm the descendant of a species evolved from monkeys and proud of it.

Sure, I'm Christian. Dinosaurs are cool. Evolution is cool. Science is cool. The entire point of Adam and Eve was for it to be a metaphor. Each "day" of creation was actually thousands of years, Adam and Eve were just there to symbolize the beginning of humanity. I'm the descendant of a species evolved from monkeys and proud of it.

While I congratulate you on being scientifically minded, I do have one issue with that statement. How do you decide which parts of the bible you are supposed to take metaphorically? What right do you have to pick and choose? Is there a guide that tells you: "This stuff is a bit to crazy, just blow it off as a metaphorical message". It just seems a bit odd to me that there are several "levels" of christians who believe different things, yet all use the same source of "knowledge".

I'm 100% certain that Adam and Eve is not meant to be taken as a metaphor, it's the literal story that Christians believe in.

Evolution contradicts Christianity, Christianity contradicts evolution.

I'm 100% certain that Adam and Eve is not meant to be taken as a metaphor, it's the literal story that Christians believe in.

Evolution contradicts Christianity, Christianity contradicts evolution.

Now christians contradict christians.

Now christians contradict christians.

So many branches that fight over their differences instead of celebrating their similarities...sigh

So many branches that fight over their differences instead of celebrating their similarities...sigh

You can blame Enrico Dandolo for that.

I have issued two warnings and hidden two posts for users insulting other users.

As always, if you can't be objective and polite, then do not post.

If you see abusive behavior, report it instead of trying to insult the poster into submission.

This applies to any and every thread, but is especially important when discussing polarizing subjects.

• 1 month later...

Multiple choice:

1. No. Dinosaur bones is a government scam and are artificially created to draw away from children learning anything

2. No. Dinosaur bones are bones, but they aren't dinosaur bones, but they can be sorted to make a dinosaur skeleton

3. Yes. Dnosaurs lived millions of years ago and, thanks to carbon dating, we can calculate this and prove it to be true

4. Yes. Dinosaurs have been a part of my childhood since I was 4 and nothing, not even J-j-jon, can take that away from me

5. What is a dinosaurs?

carbon dating is not using to date anything over 10,000 years old, and bones are not dated directly. the strata containing the bones, or the ones above or below are dated by various methods (mainly U-Pb or Sr-Rd). once you can constrain a relative age you can begin to estimate age

carbon dating is not using to date anything over 10,000 years old, and bones are not dated directly. the strata containing the bones, or the ones above or below are dated by various methods (mainly U-Pb or Sr-Rd). once you can constrain a relative age you can begin to estimate age

Considering Carbon-dating even tracks back 10,000 years, and has, then the logic of the world being only 5000 years old is rediculous

There's a simple explanation for that. Carbon dating of the bread that Jesus magicked into fish and wine tells us that the age of the universe is 6,000+/- 100 years old. (- Jesus' age)

Dinosaurs contradict creationism. Carbon dating has dated dinosaur fossils at over 65 million years old. According to creationism, Earth came into EXISTENCE 6000 years ago.

Not to mention Ice core samples which date at 100's of millions of years old.

But.... Christianity ≠ Creationism

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Ice cores do not date back that far at all. 100s of millions of years ago, Antarctica was much closer to the equator and had no ice cover. 6000 years ago, it was covered in ice like today.

Churches/religious people when it comes to science: "Oh it's just a theory. So what? Prove it!"

Churches/religious people when it comes to "God": "You don't need proof! We're just gonna go ahead and let our lives revolve around an imaginary man in the sky, and reject proven facts!"

Ofc it does not. God made the dinosaurs on Day 6, the same day he made Adam and Eve.

The current theory (yes... it is a theory because we cant go back in time and find out) among young-earth Christian scientists is that the catastrophic changes that happened to the postdiluvian climate caused the large creatures to go extinct.

Our only evidence of dinosaurs is their fossils so we have no idea what they are, what they looked like, how they acted. We can postulate but it is really a mystery.

There is no evidence of "God", yet you still believe in one. Care to explain your reasoning behind that?

Multiple choice:

1. No. Dinosaur bones is a government scam and are artificially created to draw away from children learning anything

2. No. Dinosaur bones are bones, but they aren't dinosaur bones, but they can be sorted to make a dinosaur skeleton

3. Yes. Dnosaurs lived millions of years ago and, thanks to carbon dating, we can calculate this and prove it to be true

4. Yes. Dinosaurs have been a part of my childhood since I was 4 and nothing, not even J-j-jon, can take that away from me

5. What is a dinosaurs?

6. Everybody walk the Dinosaur

I want to add this thought. Adam and Eve were the first named humans in the bible. The passage about the sixth day states that God made man which can be interpreted as mankind. The importance of Adam and Eve is that they are first in the line that gives Noah, David and eventually Jesus. They were the first Jews. Who else was could Cain have taken as a wife?

Archived