Why do Bonzo hats cost so much?

Brown

1 minute ago, 0093 said:

Unlocked Creepy Cosmetic Crates

Its the rarest effect from those crates so even if you did get an unusual it’s most likely not going to be Bonzo.

Damn, yeah those are expensive as hell and it would be like a 0.000000001 percent chance I get the effect, much less the hat I want. I wonder if anyone has unboxed any new ones since the update that it was dropped in. 

As mentioned above once god tier all-class 1st gens dipped a lot in value - market started pushing halloweens up to make up for it. Then we got cratepocalipse to push it even more. And now valve continues to push new effects on only new hats making most of them close to worthless - so nothing to counter inflation of old hats as there is less and less of them are on open market...

2 hours ago, 0093 said:

Unlocked Creepy Cosmetic Crates

Its the rarest effect from those crates so even if you did get an unusual it’s most likely not going to be Bonzo.

prob less than 100 of those exist anymore so yeah, pretty much they all gone unfortunatly

2 hours ago, mb_ said:

As mentioned above once god tier all-class 1st gens dipped a lot in value - market started pushing halloweens up to make up for it. Then we got cratepocalipse to push it even more. And now valve continues to push new effects on only new hats making most of them close to worthless - so nothing to counter inflation of old hats as there is less and less of them are on open market...

But again this would mainly apply to the god-tier market, first gens going down halloweens going up. But who's buying the low tier hats with hween effects, why would low tiers inflate in response to godtier sales

Think of it as a chain-reaction.

-First Gen God Tiers flop

Community: Hmm, they don't feel as valuable anymore...

-Old Haloween God Tiers Rise

Community: Yeah makes sense. They are replacing the old First Gens throne.

-Old Haloween Mid-Low Tiers (hat, not effect) Rise

Community: I mean, the previous hats increased in price substantially because of their effects, not the hats themselves specifically; so why should I sell my Knifestorm Plumbers Pipe for cheap? Doesn't make any sense, since people with tighter budgets will definetely want to be a part of the Old Haloweens Club through hats like these. These should increase in price aswell.

This is how I think of it in a nutshell.

5 hours ago, hawaiian pizza said:

Think of it as a chain-reaction.

-First Gen God Tiers flop

Community: Hmm, they don't feel as valuable anymore...

-Old Haloween God Tiers Rise

Community: Yeah makes sense. They are replacing the old First Gens throne.

-Old Haloween Mid-Low Tiers (hat, not effect) Rise

Community: I mean, the previous hats increased in price substantially because of their effects, not the hats themselves specifically; so why should I sell my Knifestorm Plumbers Pipe for cheap? Doesn't make any sense, since people with tighter budgets will definetely want to be a part of the Old Haloweens Club through hats like these. These should increase in price aswell.

This is how I think of it in a nutshell.

Idk, I cant think of a good analogy but I feel like if this were to happen to any other set of effects, low tiers would stay low tier lol and god tiers would do their thing. Doesnt seem like my question's getting answered, and i dont see many bigger name traders throwing in their thoughts, I wonder why.

Maybe people can refer back to this whenever the question arises. I know something's going on with halloweens, I'd love to have invested into halloweens at any point within the last two years, and I know it would have guaranteed me money. But when the opportunity comes I think "why should this hat be worth so much" and I can never find the answer. And as long as I cant find the answer, halloweens will always be in a bubble to me and I can't help but think itll pop as soon as I throw a bit of money in. Idk if anyone else sees it this way. I'll probably never get a definitive answer for as long as they're profitable, so I'll have to stick to my theories

On 10/6/2020 at 2:06 PM, hawaiian pizza said:

Here are all the Haloween effects that I find are in the core of this price bubble, meaning that these are the effects that people consistently make profit of and are really appreciated by the community in general.

Chiroptera Venenata

Poisoned Shadows

Something Burning This Way Comes

Hellfire

Darkblaze

Demonflame

Arcana 

Spellbound

Bonzo The All-Gnawing

Knifestorm

Harvest Moon

It's a Secret To Everybody

Now, the reason why I didn't include effects such as Misty Skull, Amaranthine, Cloudy Moon etc is because from my experience, these ones (depending on the hat) don't have the same potential as the ones mentioned above in terms of sellability.

+ stormy 13th. It's like the 2nd most expensive halloween 2012 effect after kinfestorm

10 minutes ago, de-void said:

+ stormy 13th. It's like the 2nd most expensive halloween 2012 effect after kinfestorm

10 minutes ago, de-void said:

My bad. I agree.

On 10/6/2020 at 10:19 AM, hawaiian pizza said:

Here's my take on this matter.

When the crate depression took place, first gens, aka the highest tier effects of the time, fell from grace. Nobody liked them the same anymore, from an economical standpoint mostly. Then, the community gradually realised that old haloweens are perfectly fit to take the old first gens' crown and that's  exactly what happened. From then on, these effects were regarded as the creme de la creme (french for "the best of the best") since they checked all the boxes the community was looking for after the old god tiers fell from grace. 

so does that mean i should invest into robocrate unusuals before everyone realizes how good they look?

6 hours ago, VasaLav said:

so does that mean i should invest into robocrate unusuals before everyone realizes how good they look?

not really. they can still be unboxed. 

On 10/13/2020 at 8:58 PM, hawaiian pizza said:

i invite you to do so.

some fucking dickbag actually fucking did this and now the cheapest ones on scm have doubled in price

image.png.306a84e91adac9fe15d0e7e74667b672.pngimage.png.ee6ea79b54ac2b2a77ed410df7a4c886.png

10 hours ago, hawaiian pizza said:

its not significant lmao

^
At this point the price of the case is not what's making these a financially terrible move, but more the fact that keys for these are still $2.50 - the stuff you get out of it is almost all worth <2 ref, unless you manage to get a pallet of crates or maybe a strange battery canteens (idk can you get them from these crates?) or an unusual.
Then in the event you do get an unusual you've got a 40% chance of getting a crap effect (overclocked, memory leak, power surge, electrostatic), and the very real chance of it being an unpopular single class hat.

Not to mention newer cases can give you bonus items which can save your unboxing session with good paints, strange parts and unusualifiers.

13 hours ago, Alecto said:

^
At this point the price of the case is not what's making these a financially terrible move, but more the fact that keys for these are still $2.50 - the stuff you get out of it is almost all worth <2 ref, unless you manage to get a pallet of crates or maybe a strange battery canteens (idk can you get them from these crates?) or an unusual.
Then in the event you do get an unusual you've got a 40% chance of getting a crap effect (overclocked, memory leak, power surge, electrostatic), and the very real chance of it being an unpopular single class hat.

Not to mention newer cases can give you bonus items which can save your unboxing session with good paints, strange parts and unusualifiers.

csgo cases are literally the exact same

you will pay 2.50

pretty much everything you get from it will be shit aside from a pink or red

if you do get a knife, you can get a bad finish or a bad knife in general

people who unbox expecting profit dont think about this kind of shit

Archived