Someone has commented on my profile with the following

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬🔥▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬🔥▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬🔥▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
✔️Info for you ヾ(´▽`)
✔️your gaming ability was noticed on the site {site}
✔️your code 💻 C23RufmCmc 💻
✔️using it you are guaranteed to get a rare item ✔️Team Fortress 2✔️
✔️you are a good player and you deserve a good item \(^▽^)/
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬🎀▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬🎀▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬🎀▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

My only concern is if the link or the message in general is real.

Please respond with helpful advice if this is a scam or not.

Ive never heard or used this site at all.

The link in that comment is a phishing link. Do not log in with steam on that website. I've edited your post to remove the link

Whenever a website has a popup like this to log in to steam, it is fake.

image.thumb.png.7855159cb5695f23b072634f6d360e5a.png

image.png.b276ee9742c3692a226ca06793111c0d.png - Shows as a popup in your browser, but theres only one tab. 

You'll see that you are not already logged in and have to enter your login info. Whenever you have to enter your login info when logging in with steam, open steam in a new tab yourself, and log in there.

Then reload the page, if you see the "continue as <username>", you can safely click it. 

image.png.4dbd351bfda03d8791e419cfd38bddb3.png

On 9/4/2020 at 11:14 AM, Zeus_Junior said:

The link in that comment is a phishing link. Do not log in with steam on that website. I've edited your post to remove the link

Whenever a website has a popup like this to log in to steam, it is fake.

image.thumb.png.7855159cb5695f23b072634f6d360e5a.png

image.png.b276ee9742c3692a226ca06793111c0d.png - Shows as a popup in your browser, but theres only one tab. 

You'll see that you are not already logged in and have to enter your login info. Whenever you have to enter your login info when logging in with steam, open steam in a new tab yourself, and log in there.

Then reload the page, if you see the "continue as <username>", you can safely click it. 

image.png.4dbd351bfda03d8791e419cfd38bddb3.png

The website really needs an introductory guide into trading that includes scam prevention info. 

1 hour ago, creepio said:

The website really needs an introductory guide into trading that includes scam prevention info. 

I very much agree. It was discussed a long while back but it never happened.

A good basics guide does already exist here 

The main problem I believe we would have is that it needs to be short enough so that people will read it (You'd expect someone looking up this guide to actually read it, but you'd be surprised how little the guide for reporting is read when we link it to people), while still being informative enough to prevent scams.
I will bring it up again to other mods.

3 hours ago, Zeus_Junior said:

you'd be surprised how little the guide for reporting is read when we link it to people

You mean this "guide" where you have to scroll a couple of pages just to get to "User reports" section? No, I'm not surprised.

12 minutes ago, D.Alex said:

You mean this "guide" where you have to scroll a couple of pages just to get to "User reports" section? No, I'm not surprised.

Bold, underlined and larger text used to indicate sections seems easy to navigate to me.
Do you want to suggest changes to it?

23 minutes ago, Ranx said:

Set your profile to allow comments to friends only or disallow comments altogether.  

its not necessary. Doing this would also not allow actual traders to comment on your box and may want to give a reason why they are adding you or else it would be a random add and could waste time. If you dont like it,you will just have to manually delete those comments 

+rep comments on profiles are worthless.  If people want to add you for trading, just accept them and talk to them.   There's no need to add a comment gatekeeping step, just be friendly and allow people onto your list even for a short time.  The entire commenting gatekeeping thing is a bigger waste of time, if you ask me.

Archived