The Radiated Banana

Ireland. Sucks to be me :/

Ireland isn't that bad right? The economy got back up after 2011 (or whenever the fuck we gave you 40 billion), and they have nice people and lots of beer. Shitty climate though.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted · Hidden by Chief D, April 9, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Chief D, April 9, 2014 - No reason given

we will be all eaten by dounut giant aka the pussy slayer

As long as there is money to get from it, it won't change

Car companies won't stop producing cars or developing more sustainable cars if dumb people keep on buying them, there is so damn much money in those businesses that you can't stop. A motor running on electricity is a threat to the gas industry and thus they will try to stop it, because as long as they can make people believe it, they will keep on buying it. The problem with the fossil fuels is that nothing in the world has more energy in concentration since it is pure energy really, apart from maybe hydrogen engines using fusion, but that is not available on a usable scale yet.

Also to anyone who hasn't read Inferno by Dan Brown and wants to discuss sustainability; Read it for Petey's sake. It is about overpopulation and actually blows your mind a bit. The book is disappointing because it isn't as exciting as the others, but the point he makes, the thing he tells about overpopulation are really interesting. Not that it will stop though. I'll be heading to Mars or the Moon as soon as I can.

Here is the problem that I see with the push about climate change.

Isn't it odd that there are not more critics of this, like their should be with, oh I don't know, EVERY SINGLE LAST FIELD OF SCIENCE? Peer-reviewed... think of that for a moment. Do you think that maybe, just maybe, they are championing these same bullet points in order to get financial conpensation for not disagreeing with a study? Not to mention that with these studies, the only solution is for the governments to have more control over emissions, and to throw money at the problem (Solyndra is a prime example of this) instead of finding a solution without telling someone they will pay them so they can say they are solving the problem. The obvious problem I see is that this has turned far too political, and you are either for or against the "Scientific Analysis", with the quotations being deliberate.

Does this mean we should not be stewards to the planet and remember to conserve and recycle? No, it does not. Should we be able to find our own energy solutions? Yes, but we need to make sure that money is not thrown at the solution in hopes of pushing for it. And we should 

And just remember that even environmentalists can go overboard. Take this campaign right here (WARNING: Extremely gory):

These commercials were part of a British campaign to cut emissions by 10% on October 10, 2010. Anyone who did not agree to cut emissions in the commercial was violently and brutally offed. The first of these ads provided such a backlash that several companies and other fellow environmental groups withdrew support of the campaign. and the commercial in question was pulled off the airwaves. Can't Imagine why (note sarcasm).

Ireland isn't that bad right? The economy got back up after 2011 (or whenever the fuck we gave you 40 billion), and they have nice people and lots of beer. Shitty climate though.

Haha we drink a lot, the economy isn't that bad if you've got a job, either. The people are nice although the government sucks. They have a bar, too. In the gov't buildings. Yep.

It rains pretty badly often but recently we've had nice weather, and internet speeds are awful especially in the West, where I live.

And just remember that even environmentalists can go overboard. Take this campaign right here (WARNING: Extremely gory):

These commercials were part of a British campaign to cut emissions by 10% on October 10, 2010. Anyone who did not agree to cut emissions in the commercial was violently and brutally offed. The first of these ads provided such a backlash that several companies and other fellow environmental groups withdrew support of the campaign. and the commercial in question was pulled off the airwaves. Can't Imagine why (note sarcasm).

-snip-

"So kids, what have we learned here?"

"Correct! A laugh track can turn any offensive video into a humorous innocent SNL skit!"

As long as there is money to get from it, it won't change

Car companies won't stop producing cars or developing more sustainable cars if dumb people keep on buying them, there is so damn much money in those businesses that you can't stop.

Dumb people. I'm dumb because I don't want to fork over $80,000 for a large RC car, and instead want something cheaper, probably more reliable, and safer?

A motor running on electricity is a threat to the gas industry and thus they will try to stop it, because as long as they can make people believe it, they will keep on buying it.

A cheaper motor running more efficiently than a gasoline motor can is a threat to the gas industry.

The problem with the fossil fuels is that nothing in the world has more energy in concentration since it is pure energy really, apart from maybe hydrogen engines using fusion, but that is not available on a usable scale yet.

Also to anyone who hasn't read Inferno by Dan Brown and wants to discuss sustainability; Read it for Petey's sake. It is about overpopulation and actually blows your mind a bit. The book is disappointing because it isn't as exciting as the others, but the point he makes, the thing he tells about overpopulation are really interesting. Not that it will stop though. I'll be heading to Mars or the Moon as soon as I can.

Overpopulation isn't really a concern. The entire population of the world could fit quite comfortably into Texas. (which isn't even the largest US state, let alone nearly the size of some countries/continents) Also, we already produce enough food to feed everybody in the world.

this is my 1000th post

• 3 weeks later...

if anybody really wants to learn about the current general consensus on climate change they should read the IPCC's latest report. probably the most comprehensive compilation of data on climate change ever done.

nobody talking about current resource crises, or energy really. we need thorium reactors, and china are probably going to have them first

Archived