Lack of trading etiquette

Rambro

I recently added a guy who was quickselling some robot hat for 1 ref. I added him on my ipad (Which was unable to accept trade offers) and I chatted with him. He said that "I cant trade you, but you can send a trade offer" and I said "I can't, Im on an ipad. Can you do it?" He sighed, called me a lazy git, and sent the offer. I calmly responded with "I'd appreciate not being called a git just because I cant send a trade offer. Thanks" He responded with "Oh, sorry Lazy Sod." I then procedded to say "Well, I was gonna accept your trade, but I think your attitude has turned me away. Sorry :)" He raged, and called me an extensive list of curse words that were probably all foreign. I just said "Better manners, work on em" and then procedded to block and unfriend him (not particularly in that order). No pic obviously because of immediate blockage.

TLDR; Outpost has no manners.

You guys have any experiences with rude traders?

It gets worse when you acquire unusuals. The adults are fine but the teenagers will lie, slime and Raxshi all over you until you give up and just accept the reality: Real life is much more pleasant.

Never done that, but I bet it would be. How bad exactly?

On Outpost

Them: HI I OFFER MY [iNSERT SHITTY UNUSUAL HERE] I READ THE NOTES BUT I DONT CARE. I WANT YOUR [iNSERT GOOD UNUSUAL HERE] BUT MY UNUSUAL IS WORTH MORE ON BACKPACK.TF YOU NEED TO ADD!1!1

Me: No

5 minutes later...

On Steam

Them Has Added You To His/Her Friends List

Them: I WANT TO TRADE. I SAW YOU HID MY OFFER ON OUTPOST BUT I WANT IT BADLY

Them: PLS

Them: PLS I REALLY WANT THAT HAT

"I'd appreciate not being called a git just because I cant send a trade offer. Thanks" 

Someone calling you a git will not care if you don't like it.

Accept the insult and trade or respond with eat shit and remove them.

Those are your options.

And I am a cynical asshole so usually I enjoy these traders.

Never done that, but I bet it would be. How bad exactly?

Forehead slapping. The one in my signature has taken to joining me in servers for hours of "UMADBRO? U JELLY U STUFFED UP NOT TAKED MY OFFER?" He doesn't yet know that I mute him when he starts. He also doesn't seem to know that muting in TF2 blocks chat text. Then there's this (someone bought a hijacked $1500-ish unusual for about $450, which made someone very jealous). http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198065813459-aot-captn-levi-update-sucks-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.51042/ The only thing that you can do is just go to your list of Steam friends, remove, block and then block on Outpost. They'll still rage at you but it'll only be in servers or behind your back. ;)

Someone calling you a git will not care if you don't like it.

Accept the insult and trade or respond with eat shit and remove them.

Those are your options.

And I am a cynical asshole so usually I enjoy these traders.

I did option 2, obviously. And i understand what youre saying.

You can accept trade offers on your devices you know that right? You have to use steam community in a web browser.

It was considered a new device, and i couldnt. Already knew that, yo.

really gets annoying

especially when you have unusuals and people beg and spam your outpost trades if you say no 

just gotta deal with it. 

Just earlier, I was buying a Cold Killer from a person and was paying with weapons. I miss counted a scrap and after the trade she called me a nub and all kinds of immature insults.

"I can't wait to get into higher tiered trading! I really want to start building up my own block list!"

You guys have any experiences with rude traders?

Not yet. :/

Archived